mackado

Slim Dvd Case Label Creator Template/layout?

Question

Anyone knows how to create a Slim DVD slip cover using Roxio Label Creator?

The only "slim" template/layout I see is for a CD jewel case, not for a slim DVD case..

I guess i could try the DVD Booklet layout, but not sure if this is going to fit, plus the "spine" section would be missing...

3 answers to this question

You could try the slim CD on a piece of standard paper and see how it turns out. As CDs and DVDs are the same physical size, what works for one should work for the other

You could try the slim CD on a piece of standard paper and see how it turns out. As CDs and DVDs are the same physical size, what works for one should work for the other

gi7omy, I'm afraid a slim CD layout is not going to cut it, a slim dvd case is the same size as a regular DVD case, only thinner to cut down on the amount of shelf space needed for storage..

You can buy glossy slim DVD paper (at least online) to print directly on a ink-jet, similar to CD/DVD labels sheets.

I just dove into the Roxio Label Creator 2010 for the first time (and Roxio 2011 is already out!! :blink:) and was surprised not to find a template for slim DVD cases, they are very popular out there, many people are swapping the original case with the slim to save space, (although I personally wouldn't bother) and many times cover inserts need to be reprinted as the original cover will have to be butchered to fit a slim case.

I just bought a bunch of Slim cases to store broadcast DVD-R recordings, and I'm planning to print simple covers for ID, maybe I should've bought the slim transparent cases for a bit more instead, where the DVD disk label was good enough ...:angry:

PS: anyone can tell me if Roxio 2011 includes a layout/template for slim DVD cases?

Edited by mackado

What I have done is to print out the front label only and use that (I never bothered with 'special' paper - stock paper works well enough for most), but you could use cheap photo quality and cut it to fit. Just ignore the spine.