• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 markr041

markr041

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

I put together a video from clips taken with the Fuji W3. These were 24fps 720p videos (what the Fuji W3 produces). I then saved the combined clips as a reald 24p, AVC 720p video. The resulting video has a slim multicolored band on the bottom. I did nothing in the editor but string together the raw files and then output.

You can view the 3D video on Youtube, and see the band:

Select 720p. If you go to the Youtube site, you can view the video in 3D and in 720p.

What is going on?

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,312 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:49 AM

Unusual… :glare:

Output it in Anaglyph format and see if it is there???

If you add a color panel to the Video Track then add your video as an Overlay you can stretch it a little…

First push it up then use the grab handle at the bottom center to stretch it down. Slide the whole video down so there is ‘overprint’ on the bottom and output in Side by Side.

BTW, what output settings do you use?
Posted Image

#3 markr041

markr041

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 31 October 2010 - 04:49 AM, said:

Unusual… :glare:

Output it in Anaglyph format and see if it is there???

If you add a color panel to the Video Track then add your video as an Overlay you can stretch it a little…

First push it up then use the grab handle at the bottom center to stretch it down. Slide the whole video down so there is ‘overprint’ on the bottom and output in Side by Side.

BTW, what output settings do you use?

Thanks. I think I said in the original post what output option I chose (there are not many choices): I chose the RealD option, AVC compression, 1280x720, 24 fps. The RealD option seems to be the only one compatible with making AVCHD disks that will play in 3D on a #d TV (according to the manual), which is why I chose it. The latter two specs are the same as the original raw Fuji files. That is, the frame rate is the same and so is the resolution, only the codec is different (and the bitrate). This should work without the need to muck around with overlays, and apparently I need this particular output, given the program restrictions, for what I need to do - make AVCHD disks.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,312 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

If you are not willing to try the tests I suggest, I do not see how I can be of any assistance...

Maybe you should call tech support with this.

Let us know how you make out.
Posted Image

#5 markr041

markr041

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 01 November 2010 - 10:57 AM, said:

If you are not willing to try the tests I suggest, I do not see how I can be of any assistance...

Maybe you should call tech support with this.

Let us know how you make out.
I appreciate your help and I will contact support - since I do not want a fixup that requires more work, but an improvement in the program that does not produce the glitch for the output I want. I agree that converting to anaglyph might pinpoint the program problem, but I want output that is playable on  3D tv so I can see all the color and resolution.

BTW, the original video was reversed (a Youtube issue); it is now corrected and the 3D is much much better, have a look (I use red/cyan version on Youtube to view). Except for the band on the bottom, the 3D video output is very nice.

#6 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

This may (or may not) be relevant but to me that band at the bottom reminds me a lot of the head switching point in VCRs (where the alignment is incorrect, causing that to appear on screen).

The 'bar' definitely shows the three primary colours (Red, Green and Blue) being repeated and I'm wondering if this is a 'bug' in the original recording (a slight misalignment of the camera). Not having access to one, I can't make a categoric statement as to why it's happening, but it is a possibility.

What happens if you feed the camera output directly into the TV (if possible)?
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#7 markr041

markr041

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:53 AM

View Postgi7omy, on 02 November 2010 - 06:12 PM, said:

This may (or may not) be relevant but to me that band at the bottom reminds me a lot of the head switching point in VCRs (where the alignment is incorrect, causing that to appear on screen).

The 'bar' definitely shows the three primary colours (Red, Green and Blue) being repeated and I'm wondering if this is a 'bug' in the original recording (a slight misalignment of the camera). Not having access to one, I can't make a categoric statement as to why it's happening, but it is a possibility.

What happens if you feed the camera output directly into the TV (if possible)?

The original files direct from the camera and untouched by the Roxio program, played on the computer or on the TV, do NOT have the colored band. Only the converted file made by the Roxio software has the band.

#8 mrx9

mrx9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

I have the same problem and contacted tech. support, which have advised me to try with different samples I have created myself. At this stage, I am v. busy in work and do not have time to try. I hope to get some further this week and will update here.

#9 John G G

John G G

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

i have the same problem, i have support ticket. i only have the issue with real d, i'm using fujifilm 3d w3 camera. some files are converted to mp4.  from my sony hi-def camcorder
then converted to 3d, a poster up a bit suggested it was tape mis-alinement, that would show up as snowy like dead pixels. these are solid squares and no distortions

#10 BV39

BV39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

I have the same problem when I put side by side 3d video downloaded from YouTube in the Video Wave editor and create a video file for dvd playback using Real D. I do not get the colored line when my input is 2D video I have taken with my camera.

I opened a ticket with tech support just now and of course they said check Roxio Community for possible solutions.  And, of course, somebody else does have the problem.  I can see nothing I have done with settings that should cause the colored line.  I suspect a glitch in the Roxio software.

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,312 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

='John G G' date='15 December 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1292470807' post='353537']
i have the same problem, i have support ticket. i only have the issue with real d, i'm using fujifilm 3d w3 camera. some files are converted to mp4.  from my sony hi-def camcorder
then converted to 3d, a poster up a bit suggested it was tape mis-alinement, that would show up as snowy like dead pixels. these are solid squares and no distortions

View PostBV39, on 18 December 2010 - 08:12 PM, said:

I have the same problem when I put side by side 3d video downloaded from YouTube in the Video Wave editor and create a video file for dvd playback using Real D. I do not get the colored line when my input is 2D video I have taken with my camera.

I opened a ticket with tech support just now and of course they said check Roxio Community for possible solutions.  And, of course, somebody else does have the problem.  I can see nothing I have done with settings that should cause the colored line.  I suspect a glitch in the Roxio software.
Read and Answer Post #2.

The other 2 were unwilling to try to do anything to help themselves with this…

You can see Import choices make a big difference :o

Attached File  Import Formats.jpg   42.46K   7 downloads

Get that wrong, then re-render it to yet another format and there will be problems!
Posted Image

#12 John G G

John G G

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

hi jim,  i have already tried input from my w3 3d camera by selecting the 3d button, it's nothing to do with the input. but, the output. if you read my post it says real d is the problem, it does not say anaglyph in my post. input is o.k.  output in real d with the coloured band at the bottom. here's one for you,  support asked for a clip, after 24 hours trying to upload it i done it and was was told they would not be able to look at it. and to up load a picture instead, this is some support.

john

#13 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,450 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

Have any of you updated to Creator 2011 SP1?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#14 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,940 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

I have some Fuji W3 sample files.  I'll try output to RealD and see what happens.
----
I can duplicate this.  I output to RealD in MPEG 2 720p and AVCHD 1080p.  Both had the RGB bars at the bottom.
I also get the RGB bars at the bottom using any video file. Not just the Fuji.  Try using 2D and convert to 3D.  Then output to RealD.

But it would look like those bars would be in the TV Safezone.  Have you actually burned the RealD file to a disc and played it back on a TV set?
---
Just by looking at the playback, RealD appears to nothing more than Half Width, L/R.  If I choose that option, there are no color bars.  Try playing that back on your 3D HDTV set and see if that works for you.

Edited by ggrussell, 19 December 2010 - 08:29 PM.

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#15 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,312 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:02 AM

John: please try Gary’s solution a try ~ we would love to have a confirmed workaround  ;)
Posted Image

#16 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:41 PM

That actually sounds like head switching point Gary (which for the benefit of another poster is NOT snow but a band at the bottom of the screen). Normally that is, as Gary said, hidden by the 5% overscan of safe zone so it's possible that is the culprit
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#17 markr041

markr041

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

I am the original poster who experienced this problem.

First, I very much do not appreciate the statement:
"The other 2 were unwilling to try to do anything to help themselves with this…" from Hardin.

Hardin: I was unwilling to try *your* "advice" because you evidently do not know enough about either the Fuji input files (you do not own the camera), the program or the output files, or viewing devices (you do not own a 3D HDTV) to provide sufficent information (as evidenced by your own admission and subsequent posts), and because I want to convert to Real3D, not anaglyph or anything else or muck around with "workarounds" when the program I bought is simply at fault.

As to "helping oneself" I have been working with tech support (who do presumably understand the issues) for a month uploading files of various sorts and trying out things they suggested. The upshot is that it is a bug in the program - a Roxio flaw, a mistake, an error. It needs to be corrected but still has not been.

The Real3d output is the only full color 3D video that will play on my viewing devices; that is what I need. Period. I bought the program because it is easy to go from Fuji video files to Real3D files; I do not want to have to specify parameters, I just want a quick conversion, which the software can do. Unfortunately, it does it incorrectly.

To all owning a Fuji W3: The Roxio software is defective, as admitted by Roxio.

View PostJim_Hardin, on 19 December 2010 - 04:39 AM, said:

Read and Answer Post #2.

The other 2 were unwilling to try to do anything to help themselves with this…

You can see Import choices make a big difference :o

Attachment Import Formats.jpg

Get that wrong, then re-render it to yet another format and there will be problems!

#18 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,940 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:39 AM

May sound like it, but doesn't LOOK like head switching.  These RGB blocks are very clear and too perfect for that.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#19 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

It looks very similar in some ways - it could be camera settings (not having the cash to invest in full 3D equipment I can't be certain) but your point that it SHOULD be in the 5% safe zone would probably be the answer really

With the advent of solid state displays, people will think they're 'losing' something with the overscan - then when something like that happens (which is meant to be concealed in the overscan) a flurry of complaints ensues ;)

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#20 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,312 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

But the point is that these are present in the FILE!

If you don't ever use the file on a TV, overscan is a moot answer ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users