groovygary

"cannot Record The Disc Because Of Mac Os Error Result Code -8796

Question

i have a mac OS X version 10.5.8 and toast 7 titanium...

i didn't have internet and my discs were burning fine. I think when I got online it upgraded me to v.10.5.8 and now maybe it's not compatible with Toast 7 titanium? Anyone know what else could be wrong? Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Don't know what kind of discs you are trying to make from what kind of content. Try choosing Save as Disc Image (from the File menu) and then burn the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

Don't know what kind of discs you are trying to make from what kind of content. Try choosing Save as Disc Image (from the File menu) and then burn the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

i'm trying to burn a Quicktime file to a DVD -R disc...

i'm trying to burn a Quicktime file to a DVD -R disc...

So you're trying to make a video DVD and not burning the file as a dada disc. Try my suggestion about creating a disc image first. If you get the error again let me know at what point that happens.

So you're trying to make a video DVD and not burning the file as a dada disc. Try my suggestion about creating a disc image first. If you get the error again let me know at what point that happens.

I did "Save as disc image" and it started the process; after it got through encoding it said "cannot complete last command due to mac os error result code -8796". I didn't even get to the point where I could burn the .toast file in the copy tab...quite frustrating.

My i-dvd doesn't burn discs anymore either, maybe that gives you an idea of what I'm up against!

Thanks for your help.

I did "Save as disc image" and it started the process; after it got through encoding it said "cannot complete last command due to mac os error result code -8796". I didn't even get to the point where I could burn the .toast file in the copy tab...quite frustrating.

My i-dvd doesn't burn discs anymore either, maybe that gives you an idea of what I'm up against!

Thanks for your help.

]

Your findings suggest either an incompatibility of Toast 7 with OS 10.5.8 or something wrong with the video file you are trying to encode. The latter can be checked by doing some tests with other types of video files. If you have a PowerPC Mac, upgrade to Toast 9 rather than Toast 10. If you have an Intel Mac go for Toast 10.