• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bbowens

bbowens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hi, I have many music cd's that I have copied to .sd2f image format with Toast, and now I'm getting ready to put them into iTunes (installed on a Windows PC). The way to do this (to the best of my knowledge), is to load them (each disc image, one at a time) into Toast and then save them as bin/cue files, which can then be mounted on the pc using Daemon Tools; then, iTunes will import the music.

Question: is there a way to automate this in Toast? otherwise, I'm going to have to repeat this over and over again for each disc image.

thx in advance!

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

What you can do with Toast is add the .sd2f files to the Audio Files selection in the convert window and convert the individual tracks as WAV or other desired format for the PC. If you want the sd2f to remain as a single track rather than as its multiple contained tracks you can simply change the .sd2f extension to .wav.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 bbowens

bbowens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

well, this looked promising, but for some reason the album name didn't come with the exported song titles when I import them into iTunes...

View Posttsantee, on 11 November 2010 - 03:04 PM, said:

What you can do with Toast is add the .sd2f files to the Audio Files selection in the convert window and convert the individual tracks as WAV or other desired format for the PC. If you want the sd2f to remain as a single track rather than as its multiple contained tracks you can simply change the .sd2f extension to .wav.

#4 nicc

nicc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

It works just for Toast 11 right?
Thanks,

nicc

Edited by nicc, 22 February 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#5 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

View Postnicc, on 22 February 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

It works just for Toast 11 right?
Thanks,

nicc
I'm unclear about what you're asking. iTunes imports .sd2f files as a single audio track with no artist/album/track info. It doesn't matter what version of Toast creates the .sd2f file. However, several versions of Toast can convert the .sd2f file to individual aac tracks for import to iTunes. I don't know if the album information is retained but the artist and track info should be included.

Edited by tsantee, 22 February 2012 - 01:21 PM.

I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users