Sign in to follow this  
Patty

Brning Slideshow To Hard Drive

Question

All of a sudden I can not export to hard drive. I can on another computer, just not the one I usually use.

3 answers to this question

All of a sudden I can not export to hard drive. I can on another computer, just not the one I usually use.

I assume you are using the desktop version 6. Re-download and install V6 again over what you have now. I have build 833 is that what you have?

I just tried it and it did not work for me as either of the options for a short slide show with video.

Edit: Oops, spoke too soon. It just completed. When I chose to output the video, I selected where I wanted it to go and then it acted like it has ignored the commany. It took a while but I finalyy got it as a mpg file.

Edited by sknis

I assume you are using the desktop version 6. Re-download and install V6 again over what you have now. I have build 833 is that what you have?

I just tried it and it did not work for me as either of the options for a short slide show with video.

Edit: Oops, spoke too soon. It just completed. When I chose to output the video, I selected where I wanted it to go and then it acted like it has ignored the commany. It took a while but I finalyy got it as a mpg file.

Thanks, Steve, I will try that. I do have version 6 and the lastest version but I will try downloading it again and let you know.

Edited by Patty

Thanks, Steve, I will try that. I do have version 6 and the lastest version but I will try downloading it again and let you know.

It works if I burn it to mpg, but not using wmv. Weird, never had that problem before, I have had some funny things happening with this computer resently, like not being able to open AVI files. Not only can't I open them but it freezes the window so I can't get out of it or open anything else. I did look at that patch microsoft put some years back but am afraid to try it since it warns you it could cause damage.. Plus SP3 was suppose to correct that problem, but I have never had the problem until resently and I have had SP3 since it came out. Confusing. Anyway, at least I know I can burn slideshows to mpg. Thanks.