• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pfaff46

Pfaff46

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:51 AM

I have been trying to track down system errors that may be causing my Windows 7 Home Premium to slow down and crash. Here is a frequent error I am seeing.  I'd like to know how to fix it.

- <EventData>
  <Data Name="param1">30000</Data>
  <Data Name="param2">Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 12</Data>
  </EventData>

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:10 AM

View PostPfaff46, on 13 November 2010 - 06:51 AM, said:

I have been trying to track down system errors that may be causing my Windows 7 Home Premium to slow down and crash. Here is a frequent error I am seeing.  I'd like to know how to fix it.

- <EventData>
  </EventData>

Go to Windows Task Manager, then services, then stop the service by right clicking on it.  If you still have the issue, you may restart it.  Mine is stopped because I did not want to catalog my files using Roxio.

Are you getting a hang or are you just experiencing slow performance?  If you have a lot of music, video and image files, it takes a long time to get them cataloged; at least the first time.

Look in your tool bar at the bottom of your screen or at the hidden icons.  If you see something like Roxio watch or similar, just turn if off.

Explain crash and provide any error messages.

Edited by sknis, 13 November 2010 - 07:11 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Aus

Aus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

View PostPfaff46, on 13 November 2010 - 06:51 AM, said:

- <EventData>
  </EventData>

I am having the exact same issue.  And the IRST software is taking long to load as well.  Is the Roxio software causing other application problems as well?
Why is that Roxio software running anyway?  I only want the software for burning disks and editing media files, NOT to change my system behavior or load software on bootup.  This stinks of bloatware and utilities we dont need.  And apparently buggy at that.
Please advise on why this is loading and how to remove it.  I have the Intel software there for disk monitoring.  Dont need another one slowing it all down and generating issues in event log.

Edited by Aus, 07 May 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

View PostAus, on 07 May 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

I am having the exact same issue.  And the IRST software is taking long to load as well.  Is the Roxio software causing other application problems as well?
Why is that Roxio software running anyway?  I only want the software for burning disks and editing media files, NOT to change my system behavior or load software on bootup.  This stinks of bloatware and utilities we dont need.  And apparently buggy at that.
Please advise on why this is loading and how to remove it.  I have the Intel software there for disk monitoring.  Dont need another one slowing it all down and generating issues in event log.

Did you bother to read post #2 and do what is recommended? I have no idea what Intel software you are referring to. What is IRST software?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

View PostAus, on 07 May 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

The best bet is to stop what you don't want runnning at boot.  You can use Windows msconfig and the the start up tab to stop items from starting at boot.  You then reboot and acknowledge that you made changes.

If you are not sure what you need or don't need, download and install Soluto  software (Google for it) .  It will give you three options (start at boot, start after boot and start when program is opened)  for each of the two categories it sees.  1) No brainer 2) You choice.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users