#1 peteedee

peteedee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hello and Help,
ok, Roxio Creator 2010, Kworld capture card PVR-TV 883, windows xp,
When I go to the Video capture part of the program I get a error box "unknown capture error" this box keeps comming
even after I close it.
If I connect my Sony DV Cam via fire wire, and I have to do It fast before the "error box" comes back, It works fine.
In capture setting there are 2 choices, "conexant 2388 video capture" and "avc compliant dv device". While closing the
"error box" I quickly choose "avc compliant dv device" and everything works fine, can capture and work camera with
program. When I connect a vcr to the capture card, I get nothing and I keep getting the "error box" and the "conexant 2388
is the only choice in capture settings. Help please, what do I need to do to capture my normal vhs tapes and what are the best setting for the best quality.
Thanks all.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,141 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:19 AM

You will have to use the capture software that came with you Kworld, not Roxio!
Posted Image

#3 peteedee

peteedee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

Why do I have to use the kworld software?

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,720 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

View Postpeteedee, on 17 November 2010 - 06:11 AM, said:

Why do I have to use the kworld software?

It was designed to use that device.  Are you familiar with drivers (link) and what they do? Basically the drivers tell the software, the computer and the device to talk to each other.  If you had purchased the device that Roxio sell, then you would have the proper drivers for the device and the software to work and you would not have this problem.

Once you capture the video, you can use the Roxio program to edit and burn to a disc.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users