Tonk

Video_Ts Compilation

Question

Good evening,

I've had no luck doing what I thought would be a simple task. Here's the deal. Used a camcorder to tape a couple of my son's football games. Burned them to DVD. (Actually, this was done by a friend.) I've got 2 DVDs, each with 1 game. I was hoping to combine them into a single DVD and then make copies for a few family members.

I copied the Video_TS folder from each DVD to a folder on my iMac. The folders were "Miller" and "Nelsonville."

I selected Video_TS compilation. Selected ADD, and added Miller and Nelsonville. I see them in the compilation window.

I select "Save Disc Image" and I get the following error message: An Error Has Occurred Recompressing the video.

What am I doing wrong? Am I simply going about this all the wrong way or what?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Mike

6 answers to this question

Toast has some bugs in this feature since at least 10.0.6. There is an easy workaround, though, and the workaround gets you the added benefit of a menu.

Choose DVD video as the format in the Video window. Place a VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop (or in the Movies folder) and select DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Double click on the text that appears in the browser window and you should see any video titles contained in the VIDEO_TS folder. Drag the title(s) you want to the main window. Toast then extracts the video from the VIDEO_TS and writes it to Roxio Converted Items folder. Do the same with your other VIDEO_TS folder.

Now prepare the menu the way and you want and either save as disc image or burn the DVD.

Toast has some bugs in this feature since at least 10.0.6. There is an easy workaround, though, and the workaround gets you the added benefit of a menu.

Choose DVD video as the format in the Video window. Place a VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop (or in the Movies folder) and select DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Double click on the text that appears in the browser window and you should see any video titles contained in the VIDEO_TS folder. Drag the title(s) you want to the main window. Toast then extracts the video from the VIDEO_TS and writes it to Roxio Converted Items folder. Do the same with your other VIDEO_TS folder.

Now prepare the menu the way and you want and either save as disc image or burn the DVD.

TSANTEE - Thenk you for taking time to get back to me. I spent most of the afternoon and finally figured this out! Interesting that only 1 (VOB) of about 6 or 7 of the files in the VIDEO_TS folder is actually needed. I'm wondering, is it possible to add background music when preparing the DVD?

Thanks again for you help.

Mike

TSANTEE - Thenk you for taking time to get back to me. I spent most of the afternoon and finally figured this out! Interesting that only 1 (VOB) of about 6 or 7 of the files in the VIDEO_TS folder is actually needed. I'm wondering, is it possible to add background music when preparing the DVD?

Thanks again for you help.

Mike

I'm confused why you are referring to the individual files in the VIDEO_TS folder. If you are using the Toast Media Browser to access the video titles (or the chapters within a title) you don't need to open the VIDEO_TS folder.

Are you wanting to add the background music to the video or to the menu? If you want to add it to the video you'll need to convert the video to DV (using the Toast Convert window), import it to iMovie and add your additional audio there. If you are wanting to add it to the menu, that is not possible with Toast. You can change the menu background by dropping a jpeg file on the menu thumbnail in the menu detail window.

I'm confused why you are referring to the individual files in the VIDEO_TS folder. If you are using the Toast Media Browser to access the video titles (or the chapters within a title) you don't need to open the VIDEO_TS folder.

Are you wanting to add the background music to the video or to the menu? If you want to add it to the video you'll need to convert the video to DV (using the Toast Convert window), import it to iMovie and add your additional audio there. If you are wanting to add it to the menu, that is not possible with Toast. You can change the menu background by dropping a jpeg file on the menu thumbnail in the menu detail window.

Good morning,

On top of being new to Roxio, I've had my iMac for a grand total of 7 weeks! This is my first Mac. I apologize for my ignorance. I've figured out what you are describing, but can't seem to close the deal completely. I've attached (I hope) a screen shot of all the relevant apps. It seems that when I drag the title to the folder I've created on my desktop, all that I get is a shortcut there. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Mike

TonkScreenShot.pdf

Good morning,

On top of being new to Roxio, I've had my iMac for a grand total of 7 weeks! This is my first Mac. I apologize for my ignorance. I've figured out what you are describing, but can't seem to close the deal completely. I've attached (I hope) a screen shot of all the relevant apps. It seems that when I drag the title to the folder I've created on my desktop, all that I get is a shortcut there. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Mike

Drag the title from the Media Browser directly to the main Toast window or simply select the title and click the + button in the Media Browser. There is no reason to be doing anything with a window in the Finder.

Drag the title from the Media Browser directly to the main Toast window or simply select the title and click the + button in the Media Browser. There is no reason to be doing anything with a window in the Finder.

Thank you! I got it!