• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Layne

Layne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:07 AM

One key reason I'm thinking of purchasing Roxio is to transfer my all-time favorite workout video from VHS to DVD.  There is no DVD version available on the market - I've looked everywhere.

Question:  I know that commercial DVDs cannot be ripped - does this also hold true of commercial VHS tapes?  And (second question) if so, could the VHS tape be converted to a PC file - one that I could watch on my Mac only?

TIA!

#3 Layne

Layne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

Best Answer

Thanks very much, Digital Guru.  Heartening to hear it may work!

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,191 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:14 AM

View PostLayne, on 30 November 2010 - 09:07 AM, said:

One key reason I'm thinking of purchasing Roxio is to transfer my all-time favorite workout video from VHS to DVD.  There is no DVD version available on the market - I've looked everywhere.

Question:  I know that commercial DVDs cannot be ripped - does this also hold true of commercial VHS tapes?  And (second question) if so, could the VHS tape be converted to a PC file - one that I could watch on my Mac only?

TIA!

Moved to a MAC forum. since that is what you are probably looking for.

Some but not many VHS tapes are DRM protected, there is no way to tell.  Suggestion, buy either  this (link)  or this today short term deal and if it doesn't work, you have 30 days to return it.

Edit oops, I forgot the first link.  Here it is.

Edited by sknis, 30 November 2010 - 11:25 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users