Layne

Commercial Vhs Conversion

Question

One key reason I'm thinking of purchasing Roxio is to transfer my all-time favorite workout video from VHS to DVD. There is no DVD version available on the market - I've looked everywhere.

Question: I know that commercial DVDs cannot be ripped - does this also hold true of commercial VHS tapes? And (second question) if so, could the VHS tape be converted to a PC file - one that I could watch on my Mac only?

TIA!

2 answers to this question

One key reason I'm thinking of purchasing Roxio is to transfer my all-time favorite workout video from VHS to DVD. There is no DVD version available on the market - I've looked everywhere.

Question: I know that commercial DVDs cannot be ripped - does this also hold true of commercial VHS tapes? And (second question) if so, could the VHS tape be converted to a PC file - one that I could watch on my Mac only?

TIA!

Moved to a MAC forum. since that is what you are probably looking for.

Some but not many VHS tapes are DRM protected, there is no way to tell. Suggestion, buy either this (link) or this today short term deal and if it doesn't work, you have 30 days to return it.

Edit oops, I forgot the first link. Here it is.

Edited by sknis