7 replies to this topic

#1 mvestel

mvestel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

I have Roxio creator DE10

Is there a way to burn a CD and right after its done, have it "finalize" the CD, without having to re-insert it and run the finalize step. I need to do this multiple times a day, and when i walk away while its burning and hten come back, have to re-insert it and run teh finalize program which takes a bit of time.

#2 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,809 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

Not sure about Roxio Creator DE10, but all of the Roxio programs I know of will finalize a disk burn if the correct option is taken prior to actually burning the disk.
(See attached) Checking this option means that no other files can be added to the disk on another brun. Also when creating a CD-A audio disk, the disk is automatically finalized so it can be played in a CDA player.

Frank...
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#3 mvestel

mvestel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

Uner the DE10.3,  i see "I only need to use discs for one recording. (You will not be able to add data in the future, but more DVD drives will be able to read the disc.)"

i've had that checked, but when i burn a CD with this option checked, and insert it again, it appears not to be finalized.

Is there a way to really KNOW its finallized.

we are required to have it closed for various reasons...

Roxio.JPG

#4 mvestel

mvestel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

I verified its NOT finalized. i copied a file to a new CD with the option below checked:

"I only need to use discs for one recording. (You will not be able to add data in the future, but more DVD drives will be able to read the disc.)"

I then burned it and removed the CD. i then put it back in and was able to copy a second file to the CD. i read it out in another CD drive, to be sure it was really there...

so that option does NOT finalize the CD...

is there a way to come up with a method to finalize it during the burn process? please see the original post...mike

#5 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

View Postmvestel, on 03 December 2010 - 11:48 AM, said:

I verified its NOT finalized. i copied a file to a new CD with the option below checked:

"I only need to use discs for one recording. (You will not be able to add data in the future, but more DVD drives will be able to read the disc.)"

I then burned it and removed the CD. i then put it back in and was able to copy a second file to the CD. i read it out in another CD drive, to be sure it was really there...

so that option does NOT finalize the CD...

is there a way to come up with a method to finalize it during the burn process? please see the original post...mike

I don't have Dell's DE version either. In the attached pic, do you have the Data Disc option, if so try it. Go into the Help and it should provide instructions.

2010-12-03_1452.png

Edited by ogdens, 03 December 2010 - 12:02 PM.

#6 mvestel

mvestel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the reply, but i KNOW how to finalize a disc.
Yes, i have what you ask:

roxio2.JPG

My question is how can i make it seamless so every time i write to a CD, it finaizes it. i do tons of these. and i have to re-insert it ever time and re-run the "Finalize" tool. i want a way to finalize it when i burn it because i do so many...

I do have the instructions:

Finalize Disc
The Finalize Disc project closes a disc to ensure it is compatible with the largest number of drives and music players. When a write-once disc is closed, no new data or music can be added to it. When a rewritable disc is closed, no new data or music can be added to it unless the disc is erased.

To finalize a disc:
Click Tools in the project list.
A list of projects is displayed.

Click the Finalize Disc project name.
Follow the instructions in the main project window to finalize the disc.

roxio3.JPG

#7 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

View Postmvestel, on 03 December 2010 - 10:10 AM, said:

Uner the DE10.3,  i see "I only need to use discs for one recording. (You will not be able to add data in the future, but more DVD drives will be able to read the disc.)"

i've had that checked, but when i burn a CD with this option checked, and insert it again, it appears not to be finalized.

Is there a way to really KNOW its finallized.

we are required to have it closed for various reasons...

Attachment Roxio.JPG

The problem is you are looking at the DVD burning options. Since you state you are burning CD's, you need to change the top line under CD Recording options to be Disc at Once, closed (DAO). They way it's set now is for Track at Once, Open and that's why it's leaving your CD's Open (not finalized)
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#8 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

Also what you can do is tell it to write to an image file - that way it's automatically finalised (and you can run off extra copies without having to recompile it)
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users