mvestel

Finalize Cd After Burn In One Step

Question

I have Roxio creator DE10

Is there a way to burn a CD and right after its done, have it "finalize" the CD, without having to re-insert it and run the finalize step. I need to do this multiple times a day, and when i walk away while its burning and hten come back, have to re-insert it and run teh finalize program which takes a bit of time.

7 answers to this question

Not sure about Roxio Creator DE10, but all of the Roxio programs I know of will finalize a disk burn if the correct option is taken prior to actually burning the disk.

(See attached) Checking this option means that no other files can be added to the disk on another brun. Also when creating a CD-A audio disk, the disk is automatically finalized so it can be played in a CDA player.

Frank...

Uner the DE10.3, i see "I only need to use discs for one recording. (You will not be able to add data in the future, but more DVD drives will be able to read the disc.)"

i've had that checked, but when i burn a CD with this option checked, and insert it again, it appears not to be finalized.

Is there a way to really KNOW its finallized.

we are required to have it closed for various reasons...

post-89965-046277300 1291399758.jpg

I verified its NOT finalized. i copied a file to a new CD with the option below checked:

"I only need to use discs for one recording. (You will not be able to add data in the future, but more DVD drives will be able to read the disc.)"

I then burned it and removed the CD. i then put it back in and was able to copy a second file to the CD. i read it out in another CD drive, to be sure it was really there...

so that option does NOT finalize the CD...

is there a way to come up with a method to finalize it during the burn process? please see the original post...mike

I verified its NOT finalized. i copied a file to a new CD with the option below checked:

"I only need to use discs for one recording. (You will not be able to add data in the future, but more DVD drives will be able to read the disc.)"

I then burned it and removed the CD. i then put it back in and was able to copy a second file to the CD. i read it out in another CD drive, to be sure it was really there...

so that option does NOT finalize the CD...

is there a way to come up with a method to finalize it during the burn process? please see the original post...mike

I don't have Dell's DE version either. In the attached pic, do you have the Data Disc option, if so try it. Go into the Help and it should provide instructions.

post-68-084610500 1291406245.png

Edited by ogdens

Thanks for the reply, but i KNOW how to finalize a disc.

Yes, i have what you ask:

post-89965-051038500 1291412718.jpg

My question is how can i make it seamless so every time i write to a CD, it finaizes it. i do tons of these. and i have to re-insert it ever time and re-run the "Finalize" tool. i want a way to finalize it when i burn it because i do so many...

I do have the instructions:

Finalize Disc

The Finalize Disc project closes a disc to ensure it is compatible with the largest number of drives and music players. When a write-once disc is closed, no new data or music can be added to it. When a rewritable disc is closed, no new data or music can be added to it unless the disc is erased.

To finalize a disc:

Click Tools in the project list.

A list of projects is displayed.

Click the Finalize Disc project name.

Follow the instructions in the main project window to finalize the disc.

post-89965-036845600 1291412783.jpg

Uner the DE10.3, i see "I only need to use discs for one recording. (You will not be able to add data in the future, but more DVD drives will be able to read the disc.)"

i've had that checked, but when i burn a CD with this option checked, and insert it again, it appears not to be finalized.

Is there a way to really KNOW its finallized.

we are required to have it closed for various reasons...

post-89965-046277300 1291399758.jpg

The problem is you are looking at the DVD burning options. Since you state you are burning CD's, you need to change the top line under CD Recording options to be Disc at Once, closed (DAO). They way it's set now is for Track at Once, Open and that's why it's leaving your CD's Open (not finalized)

Also what you can do is tell it to write to an image file - that way it's automatically finalised (and you can run off extra copies without having to recompile it)