Steven V.

How To Make Dvd's Home Dvd Player Compatible

Question

I can't get the burned DVD's to play in my Home DVD players.

Can any Video data be copied and formated on DVD disc to be burned and burned to be home DVD player compatible.

What Am I doing Wrong. Please Help!

6 answers to this question

I can't get the burned DVD's to play in my Home DVD players.

Can any Video data be copied and formated on DVD disc to be burned and burned to be home DVD player compatible.

What Am I doing Wrong. Please Help!

Drag-to-Disc can not create a video DVD that is playable on a stand-alone DVD player.

To create a proper video DVD you have to use software that is able to create a DVD that has a specified file structure as well as video in a special format .

You have not told us what you did so we cannot really tell you what you are doing wrong.

For a start terll us what software package(suite) you have and exactly what you are doing. Your thread can then also be moved to the correct forum.

Edited by myguggi

what software package(suite) you have and exactly what you are doing?

I have Roxio Creator DE - Easy Media Creator 9

Okay, you've told us what you have - that's a start.

Now please tell us exactly what you're doing, so we can see what's wrong and gently steer you in the right direction.

The software you have will do it.

You told us you can't get your burned DVDs to play in your home DVD players. Now, will you please answer the question - please tell us exactly what you're doing, so we can see what's wrong and steer you in the right direction.

What software is best for me to burn DVD's compatible with stand alone home dvd players from any video data in a computer hard drive

As pointed out, Drag to Disc doesn't create a video DVD compliant disc.

Open MyDVD and add your video file(s).

Edit menu as needed and burn to disc.