#1 Jim Indiana

Jim Indiana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:29 AM

Need some information on possible purchase of 2011

I own Canon Vixia HF200 camcorder

Considering purchase of Canon SX30IS for video & photos primarily for the 35X zoom feature.

What I'm wanting to do is take pics & videos and add & edit onto a DVD along with music.

I want to burn and hand out numerous different DVD's for advertisement/marketing purposes every week to customers to take home as 'family albums' as a way to remember the fun they had while they were here.

My concern is that currently I can't find a video/photo program that will even recognize .mts files on the camcorder and easily edit and merge videos & photos into a slideshow format to be played on a DVD player/computer and a TV. I also need the video/slideshow to loop continously.

I know this may be elementary to some of the experts on this forum but I really don't know anything about editing/ripping/transfering videos & photos.

Thanks in Advance

Jim

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,889 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

Never been a problem, I run a Canon HF S21 which is like yours only it has built in memory… I have had some trouble with files using the MXP setting but it is ‘spoty’. NO trouble ever with using FXP settings!

You did notice that the SX 301S cannot record Video in higher resolutions that your HF S200 can?

The Photos will be better but not the video.
Posted Image

#3 Jim Indiana

Jim Indiana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

Jim

Thanks for the fast reply

View PostJim_Hardin, on 22 December 2010 - 09:30 AM, said:

Never been a problem, I run a Canon HF S21 which is like yours only it has built in memory… I have had some trouble with files using the MXP setting but it is ‘spoty’. NO trouble ever with using FXP settings!

Are the file extensions different on the MXP than on the FXP settings?

You did notice that the SX 301S cannot record Video in higher resolutions that your HF S200 can?

I was 'kind of' aware of that.

The Photos will be better but not the video.

What are the file extensions on the video from SX30 IS?

Will Creator2011 or Creator2011 Pro(do I need Pro?) do everything that I want it to do in regards to editing and transitioning .mts video clips with photos & with audio added and make a master DVD of approx 20 to 40 min in length with it looping indefinately?

I intend to purchase a multi DVD/Cd burner to burn multiple discs for giveaway. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

#4 Jim Indiana

Jim Indiana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

View PostJim Indiana, on 22 December 2010 - 10:10 AM, said:

Jim

Will Creator2011 or Creator2011 Pro(do I need Pro?) do everything that I want it to do in regards to editing and transitioning .mts video clips with photos & with audio added and make a master DVD of approx 20 to 40 min in length with it looping indefinately?

I intend to purchase a multi DVD/Cd burner to burn multiple discs for giveaway. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

Sorry for messing up quotes etc on previous reply

Are the file extensions different on the MXP than on the FXP settings?

What are the file extensions on the video from SX30 IS?

http://www.produplic...uplicators.html

Thanks
Jim

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,889 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

"Are the file extensions different on the MXP than on the FXP settings?" NO

"What are the file extensions on the video from SX30 IS?" No idea??? :huh: Canon is completly inconsistant with thier Picture cameras formats when it comes to using them for Video! Roxio takes just about everything out there.

"Will Creator2011 or Creator2011 Pro(do I need Pro?) do everything that I want it to do in regards to editing and transitioning .mts video clips with photos & with audio added and make a master DVD of approx 20 to 40 min in length with it looping indefinately?" Absolutly - piece of cake ;)

"I intend to purchase a multi DVD/Cd burner to burn multiple discs for giveaway. Any suggestions?" Not really... Are you really going to stay with DVD's while the world is moving to Blu-ray? That will also effect your decision on 2011 vs 2011 Pro. Pro does BD.
Posted Image

#6 Jim Indiana

Jim Indiana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 22 December 2010 - 11:54 AM, said:

"Are the file extensions different on the MXP than on the FXP settings?" NO

"What are the file extensions on the video from SX30 IS?" No idea??? :huh: Canon is completly inconsistant with thier Picture cameras formats when it comes to using them for Video! Roxio takes just about everything out there.

"Will Creator2011 or Creator2011 Pro(do I need Pro?) do everything that I want it to do in regards to editing and transitioning .mts video clips with photos & with audio added and make a master DVD of approx 20 to 40 min in length with it looping indefinately?" Absolutly - piece of cake ;)

"I intend to purchase a multi DVD/Cd burner to burn multiple discs for giveaway. Any suggestions?" Not really... Are you really going to stay with DVD's while the world is moving to Blu-ray? That will also effect your decision on 2011 vs 2011 Pro. Pro does BD.

Jim

Thank you for your help :)  
Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users