• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 really old dog

really old dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Because of legacy files I have on a bench a Mac Quicksilver Tower with System 9.2.2.  Resident on that old Mac is Roxio Toast Titanium 5.0.1.  I would like a list of burners and brands that are compatible with the old Titanium version so I could go on ebay and see if I can find a "legacy" (read really old) burner that I might use on that Mac. really old dog

olddog@rochester.rr.com

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,225 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

The Yamaha CD burners were excellent. I don't recall a DVD burner. You can check the drive compatibility database at xlr8yourmac.com to see user reports about drives that worked in OS 9. One thing I recall is you need to disable Apple's burn extensions in order for the Toast extension to work.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Erik Nijhof

Erik Nijhof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

On my DA-733 system, under Os 9.22, Toast 5.2.3 is working fine with an older LG drive, GSA-4120B. Connected by FireWire.
Unit is built into an universal USB/FireWire enclosure and working fine for many years. Activate the extension "Toast FireWire Support".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users