Here are some general guidelines that you can put into your first post. This is in "form" format so all you have to do is copy and paste it into your post and fill in the questions. If a question doesn't apply, just put "n/a".
Tell us what happened
The more data you give us, the better. The Community's ability to resolve your issue is dependent on being able to understand not just an error code, but what contributed to your project.
- Error code or issue:
- What kind of project were you working on:
- What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them?
- Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process?
- Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about?
- Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what?
Tell us about your computer
Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.
- Operating System (including service packs):
- Video card
- Processor speed:
- Free hard drive space:
- I last did an operating system update on:
This information will help our community members reduce the amount of followup questions and speedup troubleshooting.