ballpet

Parser Returned Error 0Xc00Ce556

Question

post-4362-003779900 1293831064.pngThis thread seems to be the most appropriate to my problem. Creator 2010 Pro with Win-7/64 Pro. The install appears to go OK, but on attempting to load the program I receive an "error parsing" message followed by the "Roxio Creator has stopped working" message. I have tried both a repair and a remove and reinstall followed by running SP2 before attempting to load. No Go!!! The install disk is a retail copy, not downloaded and worked just fine under XP-Pro. It seems to have some sort of dislike for Win-7.

6 answers to this question

Did you try re-installing dotNET 2 from MS?

Nope but when I went to download it I notice that the MS download site states "Supported Operating Systems:Windows 2000 Service Pack 3;Windows 98;Windows 98 Second Edition;Windows ME;Windows Server 2003;Windows XP Service Pack 2". No mention of Win-7.

Just try it - you have an error saying dotNET v2 is causing problems, so download and install it

Just try it - you have an error saying dotNET v2 is causing problems, so download and install it

Just did, my computer didn't like it tho'; said that dotnetfx.exe was not a valid Win32 application.

I guess my next question is; should I install NET Framework 4?

Win7-64/Pro

AMD Phenom X3 8550

4Gb RAM

ATI 3450 Graphics

Don;'t make the mistake of assuming that dotNet 3 or 4 are 'upgrades' to 1 or 2 - they're totally different apps. The same goes for DirectX - 10 and 11 are NOT upgrades to 9