Jump to content

Roxio Community

How To Read On Creator Basic V9 Files From Tracks


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jose Oltio

Jose Oltio

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:50 AM

I am using Creator Basic V9 and after introducing a recorded CD/DVD Roxio presents me the list of what is contained inside that CD/DVD
but I can not find the way of opening any of the files inside the sessions or the tracks.  I could not find information on HELP either, and
my request for HELP to customer support also produced nothing.  This why I am hoping somebody in this forum will be kind enough to let me
know how to solve this issue which with other software is so simple, but with my Basic V9 I have failed all attempts to open files.

Thanks in advance for your help....  Jose Oltio Espinoza.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • -8,382,212 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Christchurch, N.Z.

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:14 AM

Jose,

You're in the Creator 2009 forum not the Creator Basic v9 forum, but don't worry we'll get this shifted to the right forum.

[1] what sort of disc is it? Is it a CD or a DVD. Is it data or video or CD audio? [They're all different]
[2] what are you wanting to do with the files? View them, play them, print them, edit them, or make another disc from them?

If you can answer those questions we can try and give you answers.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#3 Jose Oltio

Jose Oltio

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:58 AM

View PostBrendon, on 19 January 2011 - 02:14 AM, said:

Jose,

You're in the Creator 2009 forum not the Creator Basic v9 forum, but don't worry we'll get this shifted to the right forum.

[1] what sort of disc is it? Is it a CD or a DVD. Is it data or video or CD audio? [They're all different]
[2] what are you wanting to do with the files? View them, play them, print them, edit them, or make another disc from them?

If you can answer those questions we can try and give you answers.

Regards,
Brendon

Dear Mr, Brendon,

First of all, many thanks for trying to help me and for your early reaction to my request for help.

Your Questions No.1... They are discs, CDs or DVDs sometimes, that I have created burning files from my hard disk to the CDs or DVDs according to my needs,  The kind of files are usually Data (mainly text documents in Word), Images, (mainly photos or cartoons),or video clips or musical. I regularly produce CD and DVDs as a sort of back up of my important files, or else, just to keep my hard disk as free as possible, to save me time when making a full scanning.

Your Question No. 2... Obviously if I create a Disc, a CD or a DVD it is because I want to see what I have produced. If I can not open and see it, what is then the point of what I am doing?

What I can not understand is how this simple operation becomes so difficult, so almost impossible with ROXIO, to the extention that I have stop using Roxio and I am about considering it unnecesarely complicated.  If a burn a CD or a DVD using the facilities of Windows, regardless of what is inside, as soon as the burning is completed, Windows before ejecting the disc make it ready to be seen by me and others.  The disc is then ejected and I can almost inmediately open it and see the result of my work... I have not learned to do that with ROXIO and this why I am looking for somebody who could teach me how to manipulate correctly ROXIO Creator Basic V9 that came with my computer when I bought it.   Thanks again for trying to help me.

#4 Brendon

Brendon

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • -8,382,212 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Christchurch, N.Z.

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

Good Morning Jose,

Thanks for your reply. I think your problem is shown here when you say

Quote

The disc is then ejected and I can almost inmediately open it and see the result of my work... I have not learned to do that with ROXIO

There are TWO different disc writing systems in Creator Basic v9.
One is called Drag-to-Disc, where you have to format your disc before using it, then you drag your files and drop them onto the disc.  After you use this system you have to specially close the disc before you can see the contents.


The other is Creator Classic. With this one you run a project and arrange the files you want to burn, then burn them all in one 'session'. This makes standard Windows discs that can be read immediately anywhere without special treatment.


Are you formatting your discs before writing to them?


Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#5 Jose Oltio

Jose Oltio

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

View PostBrendon, on 19 January 2011 - 02:25 PM, said:

Good Morning Jose,

Thanks for your reply. I think your problem is shown here when you say

There are TWO different disc writing systems in Creator Basic v9.
One is called Drag-to-Disc, where you have to format your disc before using it, then you drag your files and drop them onto the disc.  After you use this system you have to specially close the disc before you can see the contents.


The other is Creator Classic. With this one you run a project and arrange the files you want to burn, then burn them all in one 'session'. This makes standard Windows discs that can be read immediately anywhere without special treatment.


Are you formatting your discs before writing to them?







Regards,
Brendon

Dear Mr. Brendon

Of course I know about the two burning methods and I have tied both.  In addition, as soon as you insert a Disc, CD or DVD you can not avoid formating it because it happens almost automatically.  Please believe that I have not only read but almost STUDY the HELP INSTRUCTIONS, and I follow them rightly.
Please algo believe me that there are no instructions regarding what to do to read the discs produced.  So, I thought once the burning is finished, regardless of the method of burning used, that I was going to be able to read the material I recorded on those discs, like as I said, in Windows, you
introduce the burned disc and inmediately you are asked what do you want to do?  If you select open with... whatever program I want to use to see them,
I will be able to see each file.  I thank you very much for trying to help me, but I think I have arrived to the end of the road.!  I see no reason to
use ROXIO especially when users like me face the unsurmountable LEGACY BARRIER... no help for people inside the Legacy world.  Sincerely yours,
Jose Oltio Espinoza.

Edited to get the response out of the quote.

Edited by grandpabruce, 21 January 2011 - 09:12 AM.


#6 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,386 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

View PostJose Oltio, on 21 January 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

Dear Mr. Brendon

Of course I know about the two burning methods and I have tied both.  In addition, as soon as you insert a Disc, CD or DVD you can not avoid formating it because it happens almost automatically.  Please believe that I have not only read but almost STUDY the HELP INSTRUCTIONS, and I follow them rightly.
Please algo believe me that there are no instructions regarding what to do to read the discs produced.  So, I thought once the burning is finished, regardless of the method of burning used, that I was going to be able to read the material I recorded on those discs, like as I said, in Windows, you
introduce the burned disc and inmediately you are asked what do you want to do?  If you select open with... whatever program I want to use to see them,
I will be able to see each file.  I thank you very much for trying to help me, but I think I have arrived to the end of the road.!  I see no reason to
use ROXIO especially when users like me face the unsurmountable LEGACY BARRIER... no help for people inside the Legacy world.  Sincerely yours,
Jose Oltio Espinoza.

Edited to get the response out of the quote.

Go to Start, click on Run, and type in msconfig in the box, and click OK.  Once the next screen comes up, click on the Startup tab, then uncheck the box to the left of DrgToDsc.  Click on Apply, then OK, and reboot your computer.  When the nag box comes up, at startup, click in the box, which says to not show the message again.

Then, put in a disc, and use Creator Classic, and burn your data to a CD or DVD.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#7 Brendon

Brendon

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • -8,382,212 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Christchurch, N.Z.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Over to you, Bruce.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#8 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,386 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

View PostBrendon, on 21 January 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

Over to you, Bruce.

You were sleeping, when he posted, so I figured I would offer him a possible solution, based on what he revealed in his latest post.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users