dozer40b

How To Take Still Photos Out Of A Video

Question

10 answers to this question

How do I take still photos out of a video using Roxio2010?

From edit video advanced, videowave.

post-97-012190900 1295538625.jpg

post-97-071703700 1295538629.png

How do I take still photos out of a video using Roxio2010?

Not sure what your asking.

Do you have a video that has stills included as part of the presentation, and want to edit out that content, or are you working on making a video that you added stills to and want to remove them from the project?

I prefer going through VideoWave to get to Media Selector :lol:

Navigate to the file and right click it:

post-39730-097288300 1295539059.jpg

Then in the viewer, select the Frame you want and Extract it:

post-39730-092487700 1295539065.jpg

Either way works & I use both...

Edited by Jim_Hardin
  • Like 1

Not sure what your asking.

Do you have a video that has stills included as part of the presentation, and want to edit out that content, or are you working on making a video that you added stills to and want to remove them from the project?

I want to remove still photos from the video to print for my son

I have tried the above techniques to extract an image from an MP4 file on Creator 2010, including the camera icon to "extract image from production". All provide a good 16:9 image, but instead of being 1920X1080 resolution, as in the video file, the image is 853X480. Is there a way to get the original higher resolution?

No; you are extracting an image from a standard definition video which is the resolution that you are seeing.

Which method to capture the image did you use. I just tried to extract an image from a 1920 by 1080 video using the Media Manager route and got a picture that was also 1920 by 1080. Of course this is a lot lower resolution than an image from a digital camera. Those are, depending on the camera, in the neighborhood of 4000 by 3000 (from Nikon D80).

Divide the resolution by about 300 to get the size of a picture suitable for printing. The 1920 by 1080 would give you 6 by 4

Many thanks for the clarification: I retried the "show media selector" route, now with double clicking on the file to be able to navigate within the file, and it was successful with 1920 X 1080, using the "extract image" icon. The camera icon method, and the right click on the frame method do not provide the 1080 result.

Problem solved! = happy camper!