2 replies to this topic

#1 pfby

pfby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music (classical, jazz, some pop), nice cars, photography

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

I have just bought on line, few days ago, Toast Titanium 10 in order to install it on my new Mac Pro with Snow Leopard. As a sound engineer, I was used to work with Jam. Unfortunately, this software - Jam - is not included within Titanium 10. Another problem is I am unable to find anything about Jam on Roxiosite.
Moreover, Jam required the presence of Toast to operate but Jam 6 or even 6.01 can't work with Titanium 10.
What can I do ? Is there another software doing the same as Jam does (did ?), thow Toast does not offer features useful for professional use.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Best regards from France.
Pierre-François

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

View Postpfby, on 24 January 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

I have just bought on line, few days ago, Toast Titanium 10 in order to install it on my new Mac Pro with Snow Leopard. As a sound engineer, I was used to work with Jam. Unfortunately, this software - Jam - is not included within Titanium 10. Another problem is I am unable to find anything about Jam on Roxiosite.
Moreover, Jam required the presence of Toast to operate but Jam 6 or even 6.01 can't work with Titanium 10.
What can I do ? Is there another software doing the same as Jam does (did ?), thow Toast does not offer features useful for professional use.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Best regards from France.
Pierre-François

See if this is of any help (its in the Jam forum)  http://forums.suppor...eopard-machine/

#3 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,476 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

In addition to the thread linked to by ogdens, browse through some of the other threads in the Jam forum.

I have Jam 6.0.3 and it is still working with the OS 10.6.6 on my Intel Mac. I believe it may be necessary to copy a previously installed Jam application from an older Mac rather than trying to run the Jam installer, but once it's there it works fine.

Toast 10 has most of Jam's features plus a couple additional ones. Check the box next to "Show advanced audio mastering settings" in the Audo & Video tab of Toast's Preferences and you should see the various options in the Toast Audio window with Audio CD selected as the format or in the Toast Convert window with Audio Files selected as the source. When using Toast 10 you don't need Jam.

I don't think you can open Jam projects in Toast 10. You can, however, open Jam-created .sd2f files.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users