5 replies to this topic

#1 Spoon

Spoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

Running Windows 7,  new computor, I7 intel machine:

When uploading I get the same error message: "Failed to upload error 403 please try again" and again and again and again! I tried uploading on my old XP machine and it went through but I must be able to use this software on the new computor as the old computer is going away!

I spent over an hour with a heavily accented man who had me reconfigure my explorer settings and several other changes on this brand new computer and after an hour of his searching data bases for clues and trying everything he suddenly could not hear me on the phone and had to go!  I was supposed to get an email for feedback on my experience but it never showed up!  

Too bad there are problems as I like what it does when it works as advertized.  Unfortunately I will be taking measures to recover my two year subscription if this can not be resolved soon.  Right now I like the capabilities of the software BUT should this not be fixable I will unfortuanately have to release a negative review that will certainely inhibit sales.   An hour of my time costs more then the two years of service!  Hense I can't afford several hundered dollars of my time reconfiguring my brand new state of the art computer any further to accomodate software bugs.  

I can not be the only one this has happened to so lets cut to the chase!   What should I do?

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:03 AM

View PostSpoon, on 04 February 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

Running Windows 7,  new computor, I7 intel machine:

When uploading I get the same error message: "Failed to upload error 403 please try again" and again and again and again! I tried uploading on my old XP machine and it went through but I must be able to use this software on the new computor as the old computer is going away!

I spent over an hour with a heavily accented man who had me reconfigure my explorer settings and several other changes on this brand new computer and after an hour of his searching data bases for clues and trying everything he suddenly could not hear me on the phone and had to go!  I was supposed to get an email for feedback on my experience but it never showed up!  

Too bad there are problems as I like what it does when it works as advertized.  Unfortunately I will be taking measures to recover my two year subscription if this can not be resolved soon.  Right now I like the capabilities of the software BUT should this not be fixable I will unfortuanately have to release a negative review that will certainely inhibit sales.   An hour of my time costs more then the two years of service!  Hense I can't afford several hundered dollars of my time reconfiguring my brand new state of the art computer any further to accomodate software bugs.  

I can not be the only one this has happened to so lets cut to the chase!   What should I do?

1) Did you talk to Roxio technical service or PhotoShow technical service; they are different.
2) Log into your account and download PhotoShow 6 (again) and install it over what you already have.  It will update it to the latest build.
3) Why didn't you build the PhotoShow at the on-line site to begin with?  If there is something in the PhotoShow that is a problem, you would find that out as your upload the images/videos/ music.  (Remember that no DRM protected music is allowed).
4) Did you check with your internet provider about your service?
5) Did you check your spam folder for the e-mail?
6) What Browser are you using?  Do you have IE 9 on your computer?  
7) Remember that we are NOT Roxio employees but people who are here to help.  Threats about cancelling service do not really have any impact on what we are paid (zero).  It does tend to turn off some people who would have helped though.  Calm down, talk to us as friends and not Roxio employees.

Edited by sknis, 05 February 2011 - 05:38 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Spoon

Spoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

1. Photoshow advertizes 24 hour help so I had to use it when I have time.  Roxio help hours are shorter and I can't always get to them when they are but I will try them. Whie i wait for their hour of help I am down.

5. Yes i checked the spam folder.
6. I went over the browser set up with the help service and yes it's the latest as he recomended.  

4. I am using two computers side by side and the old XP machine (which is going away) was uplaoding fine hense the ISP service is not the problem.

7. Sorry, the guy i talked to represented himself as an employee of Roxio.  

My frustration with his communication skills and technical ability coupled with my inability to use a brand new software with a brand new computer was not meant for persons helping with this forum.  

I appreciate your assistance and thank you for answering!  Added to my concern is the trouble I will have getting a refund should this program be useless to me on my new computer.  Not your issue again.  

Sorry i came across tersely.  I will save any proposed remedial action discussions with bonified Roxio associates and those whom claim to represent them.  Thansks again.

I did update software with the phone representitive and i will try on line building next.

#4 shayA

shayA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:53 AM

I'm having the same problem! And to sknis... If creating the show online was the answer, why does Roxio promote downloading the software in the first place? I just signed up and I'm no stranger to technology, my Windows computer is more than capable (Vista) yet when I try to upload a photoshow (version 6) I get an upload error when it gets to about 90%. error code 403

Any other suggestions from people that have resolved this issue would be appreciated.

#5 shayA

shayA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:58 AM

Update: the file is only 20MB, and yes I have high speed Internet.

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:46 AM

View PostshayA, on 12 March 2011 - 02:53 AM, said:

I'm having the same problem! And to sknis... If creating the show online was the answer, why does Roxio promote downloading the software in the first place? I just signed up and I'm no stranger to technology, my Windows computer is more than capable (Vista) yet when I try to upload a photoshow (version 6) I get an upload error when it gets to about 90%. error code 403

Any other suggestions from people that have resolved this issue would be appreciated.

ShayA
You can do it either way -online or at a desktop.  What is your build on V6?  How long is your PhotoShow?

Call the Help line so they can determine if your service has been activated or if they have had any glitches with their web servers recently.

Did you check the types of files that the desktop will handle VS what the on-line program will handle.  They are different.  Are you trying to use music from ITunes standard?  You can use those that are plus - no DRM protected.

Edited by sknis, 12 March 2011 - 05:47 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users