Ian Gii

No Preview Controls

Question

8 answers to this question

Sure have, lack of a Video Card does it...

Post your PC Specs, like I have in my signature block, including Vidoe Card/Chip info and driver version.

Most likely…

You can try updating drivers & software first from Dell then from the chip manufacture. However, sometimes Dell will be using a custom version of the hardware and any updates must come from them.

Likewise, I would follow the Prep Steps. Then start a new install only choose Repair when it is offered.

I ran into a similar situation with my Dell 530 and added a real video card.

Say, did you notice that you only have 30 days remaining on your Win7 Activation? It will revert to a pumpkin if you don't activate it :lol:

Yes! After adding a card, when you start VW you will see a notice that it is profiling your card.

Please try the other things I mentioned first. I hate to spend other peoples money when troubleshooting :lol:

I have updated my video card, the latest patch for 2011, repaired, unistalled and reinstalled and the preview controls are still missing. I could understand if they were never there, but they have been there for well over a year and suddenly disappeared. Any ideas?

Would you settle for some guessing :huh::lol:

Did they go missing after your last Video Card update? - if so, Rollback!

Even then you may have to do the Repair Steps I outlined in Post #4...

Would be nice to know your PC specs, including your Video Card.