18 replies to this topic

#1 PaBear

PaBear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

I've had other problems with Creator 2010, but this is bizarre. I can open the Copy & Convert Video module. However, any attempt to do anything crashes the program. For example, I open the Options window, do nothing, and click OK. The message is: Roxio VideoConvert has stopped working.... A problem has caused the program to stop working.... I can't do anything else with the program either.

I run Creator 2010 on a Dell PC running Vista Ultimate. I've downloaded the latest software updates, and even 'repaired' the installation and updated again. Same problem. Can't do anything.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,598 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

View PostPaBear, on 24 February 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

I've had other problems with Creator 2010, but this is bizarre. I can open the Copy & Convert Video module. However, any attempt to do anything crashes the program. For example, I open the Options window, do nothing, and click OK. The message is: Roxio VideoConvert has stopped working.... A problem has caused the program to stop working.... I can't do anything else with the program either.

I run Creator 2010 on a Dell PC running Vista Ultimate. I've downloaded the latest software updates, and even 'repaired' the installation and updated again. Same problem. Can't do anything.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

You said you installed software updates is SP2 one of them?

Have you installed Service Pack 2 here?  It fixes other issues with VC&C and may fix yours also.  You said you installed software updates is SP2 one of them?

Did you install or just download?  Look at the Help and About window on the home page to see if you do have SP2.

Edited by sknis, 24 February 2011 - 03:36 PM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 PaBear

PaBear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

View Postsknis, on 24 February 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

You said you installed software updates is SP2 one of them?

Have you installed Service Pack 2 here?  It fixes other issues with VC&C and may fix yours also.  You said you installed software updates is SP2 one of them?

Did you install or just download?  Look at the Help and About window on the home page to see if you do have SP2.

I should have been more specific. I did install SP2. The current version is 1.2.193 SP2; 5.0.0.0 This is the version installed by the update after the rebuild/re-installation yesterday.

Thanks.

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,309 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

Current version is SP 2.1 that includes the 'Update Creator 2010 Web Video Capture Patch'.

Download Creator 2010 Web Video Capture Patch (653 KB)    here>>
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 PaBear

PaBear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 25 February 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

Current version is SP 2.1 that includes the 'Update Creator 2010 Web Video Capture Patch'.

Download Creator 2010 Web Video Capture Patch (653 KB)    here>>

Thanks for the tip, but... The patch to which you point me won't install because I already "have the most current version of the software."

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,309 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

View PostPaBear, on 26 February 2011 - 06:57 AM, said:

Thanks for the tip, but... The patch to which you point me won't install because I already "have the most current version of the software."

The current version is 1.2.193 SP2; 5.0.0.0

Then why didn't you post that?

V.jpg
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#7 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,420 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:11 AM

View PostPaBear, on 26 February 2011 - 06:57 AM, said:

In that link, did you download the second patch from the top?
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#8 PaBear

PaBear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 26 February 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

In that link, did you download the second patch from the top?

My mistake...I didn't scroll down to the Video Capture Patch. Now the update installed and I have SP2.1.

However, Copy and Convert Video still crashes every time I try to do anything with it, e.g., something as simple as opening the options window and closing it - without doing or changing anything.

Attached Images

• VideoConvert Screen.jpg

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,309 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:41 AM

View PostPaBear, on 26 February 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

My mistake...I didn't scroll down to the Video Capture Patch. Now the update installed and I have SP2.1.

However, Copy and Convert Video still crashes every time I try to do anything with it, e.g., something as simple as opening the options window and closing it - without doing or changing anything.

SP 2 was supposed to fix that! Have you did the clean uninstall reinstall, listed in my signature for your version and operating system?

What Creator 2010 Service Pack 2 does:

* Resolves issue with Video Copy and Convert crashing when closing Option window.
    * Audio can now be muted during audio capture when capturing from built-in webcam on laptops.
    * Resolves Music Disc Creator crashing if adjusting beats to tracks while in Beat Matching mode.
    * Resolves ghosting of images in Slideshows when Creator is set to Hardware Rendering.
    * 16:9 files from Canon cameras will now maintain their original aspect ratio when choosing Same as original when exporting in Video Editing-Advanced (VideoWave).
    * ATI Stream encoding now supported in Windows 7.
    * HD photo files can now be converted to video when Creator is set to Software Rendering and no longer black on Preview.
    * Resolves issue of Creator crashing when cancelling during the burn process.
    * Resolves script errors when using the Update Manager.
cd
Spoiler

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,847 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

Looks like:

Image2.jpg

Then you will have SP2.1: showing, and your problem will go away ;)

Attached Images

• Image1.jpg

Posted Image

#11 PaBear

PaBear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:53 AM

Jim - Our most recent posts seem to have passed each other in the ether; I did get to the version screen you posted after scrolling down to the right patch.

cdanteek - I have not done the clean uninstall/re-install. I'll be off-air for awhile as I cross that rubicon.

Tx.

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,847 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

Yes, I saw you were in the Topic when I was posting ;)

The graphics won't hurt a thing and may help some of the voyeurs who pass through here without posting  :lol:
Posted Image

#13 PaBear

PaBear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

Well, I've waded through the process of Complete Uninstall and Clean Install of Creator 2010 (and some Creator 9 residue). It was not pretty.... Now, after installation, update and patch, I'm back to having SP2.1 of Creator in place. VideoConvert still crashes after doing nothing but open and close the Options window - same diagnostic as posted above! Unhh?? Don't know where to go from here....

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,309 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

View PostPaBear, on 26 February 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

Well, I've waded through the process of Complete Uninstall and Clean Install of Creator 2010 (and some Creator 9 residue). It was not pretty.... Now, after installation, update and patch, I'm back to having SP2.1 of Creator in place. VideoConvert still crashes after doing nothing but open and close the Options window - same diagnostic as posted above! Unhh?? Don't know where to go from here....

If you followed the clean uninstall reinstall to the 'T' didn't add anything or miss anything no I'm out of ideas!

The video copy and convert crash, opening the option button never effected my PC with C2010 Pro installed, even before SP2 fixed it "Resolves issue with Video Copy and Convert crashing when closing Option window"

If you don't open options does it work?

Did it ever work in the past?
cd
Spoiler

#15 PaBear

PaBear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:40 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 26 February 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

If you followed the clean uninstall reinstall to the 'T' didn't add anything or miss anything no I'm out of ideas!

The video copy and convert crash, opening the option button never effected my PC with C2010 Pro installed, even before SP2 fixed it "Resolves issue with Video Copy and Convert crashing when closing Option window"

If you don't open options does it work?

Did it ever work in the past?

I did follow the guide "to the 'T'" except for the keys that weren't in the registry, e.g., Wow6432....

I'm not sure if it ever worked, or if it works w/o using Option - I'm about to try. And then, I guess I'll redo the uninstall/reinstall again just to be sure I didn't miss anything...

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,847 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:38 AM

You may have to do the Clean Install more than one time... With other problems, some users had to do it 3 times before it worked :huh:

Also, why tempt fate???

Add a movie to VCC before clicking on anything. Might work that way?
Posted Image

#17 PaBear

PaBear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 27 February 2011 - 04:38 AM, said:

You may have to do the Clean Install more than one time... With other problems, some users had to do it 3 times before it worked :huh:

Also, why tempt fate???

Add a movie to VCC before clicking on anything. Might work that way?
I have now done the clean uninstall/install three times. VCC still crashes with or without a movie added. This has got to be a pretty fundamental flaw in the program.

#18 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,309 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

View PostPaBear, on 27 February 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

I have now done the clean uninstall/install three times. VCC still crashes with or without a movie added. This has got to be a pretty fundamental flaw in the program.

Don't shoot the messenger have you tried this?

If you haven't I would give it a shot.

http://forums.suppor...245#entry329245
cd
Spoiler

#19 PaBear

PaBear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

Ok. My hands are clear; no weapons; no shooting.... :-)

But first a comment and some questions, if I may.

1. In the Complete Uninstall prescription in your signature (12.), you indicate deletions for various Roxio and Sonic folders, but not for Sonic Solutions folders. I was literal enough not to deal with the one such folder I have. It should get taken care of as I follow the recipe to which you pointed now.

2. That recipe calls for uninstalling all .NET versions, and later installing .NET 3.5 SP1. I've also got a .NET Framework 4 Client Profile installed. Should that be uninstalled also, and how do I later reinstall?

3. The recipe calls for installing XML 4 SP3, but never mentions uninstalling. Is this correct? Should it be uninstalled first?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users