7 replies to this topic

#1 topgundcp

topgundcp

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

Every Time I try to play a video clip such as AVI, MKV, m2ts etc... with windows media player I keep getting
windows popup as followed:

Posted Image

and then finally Windows Media would open and play the clips.

Personnaly, I dont use Cineplayer, it just came with Roxio 2011 pro so my question is:
How do I uninstall the Cineplayer out of my PC.

I did try to uninstall it using Windows uninstaller and even after I removed it from my PC, the message
above still popup.

Please advise.
* Win 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 | eVGA 790i FTW PWM MB | eVGA 260 GTX
    * Q9650 OC'ed @4.35GHZ | Dual HP w2408 Monitor
    * 1- 120GB SSD + 3-2TB HD's
    * 8 GB Patriot Viper PVS34G2000LLKN
    * X-FI Fatal1ty Champion | Antec Quatro 850w
    * SwiftTech Water Cool

#2 Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

Digital Master

• Roxio Staff
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

Best Answer

There are two folders (CINEPLAYER_561 & CPDECODERPACK_433) in the install folder. Try right click the .msi files in each and select "Uninstall"
Du Tran
Quality Assurance Lead (I break things, I don't fix them)
ROXIO, a division of Sonic Solutions

#3 topgundcp

topgundcp

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostSonic Boom, on 27 February 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

There are two folders (CINEPLAYER_561 & CPDECODERPACK_433) in the install folder. Try right click the .msi files in each and select "Uninstall"
Sorry, it does not seem to work.
Right click on the CPDP.msi file and select uninstall works but right click on CP.msi will give the following popup:

Posted Image

Since I have Windows 7 X64, there is no "Add/Remove programs", so I use "Programs and Features" to uninstall Cineplayer
but the problem still exists and still popup the messages I posted initially.

And since before installing Roxio, I did a backup of my Windows so the question is if I restore my backup image then re-install Roxio, is there a custom install so that I can skip installing Cineplayer ????

BTW, Thanks for quick reply.

Edited by topgundcp, 27 February 2011 - 04:05 PM.

* SwiftTech Water Cool

#4 topgundcp

topgundcp

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

With this thread sitting idle for a week now. I finally found a way to uninstall Cineplayer completely out of my system. I used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Cineplayer and even that there are still 199 registry entries stuck in the registry related to Cineplayer plus quite a few dll files in system32 folder (thanks Roxio, you guys should have come up with a better uninstaller package instead of trying to tell your customers to unzip this, run .bat that etc..... and use other uninstaller to clean up the mess that your product created) so, in order to get rid of these 199 entries in the register, I use a software called registry workshop.

In addition, The problem I found with Cineplayer is if I tried to play a video file (e.g. .mkv which Cineplayer does not support even though the Roxio MKV splitter was installed, but I guess it would work with Videowave only). If Cineplayer could not figure out what codec to use, it will pop up those messages above so I installed a codec pack Win7Codec from shark then use Windows Media Player to play the video file, this time I get no more popup.

Spending a lot of time going thru posts, I also found that this problem does exist in the past, here are some of the links for the related problem:

http://forums.suppor...__1#entry353699
http://forums.suppor...__1#entry317265
http://forums.suppor...__1#entry306379
http://forums.suppor...__1#entry299996
http://forums.suppor...__1#entry264440
    * SwiftTech Water Cool

#5 albulo

albulo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hi topgundcp,

Would you mind telling the steps you took to  get rid of cineplayer using revo uninstaller? I have revo as well but not smart as you to figure it out yet. :)

I am also experiencing the same problem with cineplayer. Yes ...it is Totally Annoying !!!

Many thanks inadvance.

Edited by albulo, 07 March 2011 - 08:34 AM.

#6 topgundcp

topgundcp

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

View Postalbulo, on 07 March 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

Hi topgundcp,

Would you mind telling the steps you took to  get rid of cineplayer using revo uninstaller? I have revo as well but not smart as you to figure it out yet. :)

I am also experiencing the same problem with cineplayer. Yes ...it is Totally Annoying !!!

Many thanks inadvance.
1 - Run revoUninstaller, click once on "Cineplayer" to select it
2 - On the toolbar, click Uninstall and let the program uninstalling "Cineplayer"
3 - Click "next", revoUninstaller will scan to find all the left over in the Registry and Folders.
4 - Put a check mark on the top tree ( I beleive it's labeled as "computer") then click "delete" then Next->finish

With the above steps, you should be OK but there're still 199 entries related to Cineplayer in the system Registry. You could run the Windows Registry Editor, if you have 32-bit machine, it's under "C:\Windows\system32\regedit.exe" OR "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regedit.exe" if you have 64-bit machine.
Once you run regedit.exe, goto the menu: Edit->Find and type Cineplayer in the search box, then click find. This process is tedious because you have to delete one by one for each entry and that's why I use a software called "Registry Workshop" which will search for those entries and list them out nicely, all you have to do is select them all and delete all in one click. You could download a 30 day trial version from their website: http://www.torchsoft...n/download.html

I am not sure if it's neccessary to delete those 199 entries to get the problem fixed because when I uninstalled Cineplayer, I went ahead to delete those entries as well and it's always good to keep the registry database clean, the more junk you have in it, eventually will make your machine running slow.
One thing you have to know exactly what to delete and if one wrong move might make your Windows unbootable.

It's advisable that before you do anything with Registry, make a backup copy (click on File->Export), just in case.

Edited by topgundcp, 07 March 2011 - 03:28 PM.

* SwiftTech Water Cool

#7 albulo

albulo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

Makes sense to me now! Many thanks again topgundcp.

#8 hlh

hlh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

I've also got the same problem.  I'll be following your advice to remove it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users