• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ravenjaide

ravenjaide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

I have a similar problem to VinceB.  I moved the videos from my Sony camcorder to my laptop.  They moved over as MPEG files.  When I burn them through Roxie to a DVD.  My standalone player says "disc error" "nothing recorded".  But I can see that something was written to the disc.  I am using DVD +R 16x.  Everything in the burn process seemed to go fine (took forever) and I did not see a prompt to finalize the disc.  Not sure if I missed something?  It also will not play on my drive on my laptop either.  I am using Roxie Copy and Convert - the newest release (Premiere)- I downloaded it.

Can anyone help me?

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,865 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:39 AM

View Postravenjaide, on 28 February 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

I have a similar problem to VinceB.  I moved the videos from my Sony camcorder to my laptop.  They moved over as MPEG files.  When I burn them through Roxie to a DVD.  My standalone player says "disc error" "nothing recorded".  But I can see that something was written to the disc.  I am using DVD +R 16x.  Everything in the burn process seemed to go fine (took forever) and I did not see a prompt to finalize the disc.  Not sure if I missed something?  It also will not play on my drive on my laptop either.  I am using Roxie Copy and Convert - the newest release (Premiere)- I downloaded it.

Can anyone help me?

DVD Movies are not some files you simply slap onto a disc…

The disc must be Authored The only program in your Suite to do that is Video Copy and Convert.

It should create a disc with a couple of folders on it. The one of interest will be called VIDEO_TS.

There you must set it to DVD for the output, like this:

VCC - FileFolder.jpg
Posted Image

#3 ravenjaide

ravenjaide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 01 March 2011 - 02:39 AM, said:

DVD Movies are not some files you simply slap onto a disc…

The disc must be Authored The only program in your Suite to do that is Video Copy and Convert.

It should create a disc with a couple of folders on it. The one of interest will be called VIDEO_TS.

There you must set it to DVD for the output, like this:

Attachment VCC - FileFolder.jpg

So first let me apologize for posting in the wrong location and thank you for moving my question where it belongs and then responding.  I've never done this before. So I appreciate the extra care. Ok now to business.  I purchased two different converters one called DVDSanta and a second one called DVD Converter 6.75 - both claimed to be able to convert my MPEG from the camcorder to .vob files that I would be able to burn to a DVD.  Which they both did but not the way you are saying with the Video_TS and in seperate folders with the .ifo and .bup etc....they both just convert the files and the format says .vob.  that's it.  and it is "unrecognizable" on my laptop.  So then I bought the Roxio Copy and Convert thinking I could convert the MPEG files or the .vob files and burn them to DVD's using the Movie/video and DVD selection.  Well you probably already know that neither of these worked.  What I really need to know is ...what do I need to buy to take my camcorder images as MPEG files and convert them or whatever...so I end up being able to burn to a DVD -R or +R so that I can play them in my standalone DVD player.  I have researched and researched and bought several other programs for converting file formats but have yet to successfully created one single DVD that I can use.  Any help you can offer will be awesome.  I don't know what "authored" means as you wrote in your response.  Thank you for your time.  Sorry this is so long.

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,853 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

View Postravenjaide, on 01 March 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

So first let me apologize for posting in the wrong location and thank you for moving my question where it belongs and then responding.  I've never done this before. So I appreciate the extra care. Ok now to business.  I purchased two different converters one called DVDSanta and a second one called DVD Converter 6.75 - both claimed to be able to convert my MPEG from the camcorder to .vob files that I would be able to burn to a DVD.  Which they both did but not the way you are saying with the Video_TS and in seperate folders with the .ifo and .bup etc....they both just convert the files and the format says .vob.  that's it.  and it is "unrecognizable" on my laptop.  So then I bought the Roxio Copy and Convert thinking I could convert the MPEG files or the .vob files and burn them to DVD's using the Movie/video and DVD selection.  Well you probably already know that neither of these worked.  What I really need to know is ...what do I need to buy to take my camcorder images as MPEG files and convert them or whatever...so I end up being able to burn to a DVD -R or +R so that I can play them in my standalone DVD player.  I have researched and researched and bought several other programs for converting file formats but have yet to successfully created one single DVD that I can use.  Any help you can offer will be awesome.  I don't know what "authored" means as you wrote in your response.  Thank you for your time.  Sorry this is so long.

"neither of these worked" does not tell us anything. Could you explain exactly step-by-step how you went about creating the DVD using Roxio Copy and Convert.? There should be no need to do any file conversiion if the videos from your camcorder (Make/model please?) are in the mpeg2 format.
Authored measn the process of creating a standard video DVD that is playable on DVD players.

BTW, I believe DVDSanta creates a Video_TS folder which you then burn to a DVD.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#5 ravenjaide

ravenjaide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 02 March 2011 - 09:20 AM, said:

"neither of these worked" does not tell us anything. Could you explain exactly step-by-step how you went about creating the DVD using Roxio Copy and Convert.? There should be no need to do any file conversiion if the videos from your camcorder (Make/model please?) are in the mpeg2 format.
Authored measn the process of creating a standard video DVD that is playable on DVD players.

BTW, I believe DVDSanta creates a Video_TS folder which you then burn to a DVD.

Ok..sorry for taking so long to get back to this - unfortunatel I had a death in the family.  So I have used both Copy and Convert Video and Burn Disc Image in Roxio.  I do not know whether the files I am burning are MPEG 2 or 4.  When it transfered from the camcorder to the laptop it only shows MPEG.  When I used DVDSanta it did convert the files to the Video_TS as you described, but it would only play the sound on the first portion of each chapter (almost as if it was a demo - but it wasn't I purchased the full version).  When I converted the files from the DVD Converter 6.63 program it did not save them as Video_TS it just saved them as an unrecognizeable file with a file name of .vob  I selected the "add source" using the "Movies" icon and put my files into that folder. I put the Video_TS files in there, I tried it with the .vob files in there, and then I tried the MPEG files. Then I choose the "DVD" for my output source for each of the different trials.  Can Roxio convert MPEG to files that can be burned and then viewed on a standalone DVD player or do I need something else to convert it first and "author" it as you say.  Something that will create the Video_TS files before I can do that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users