• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 115 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Icyda

Moving Audio From A Video Clip

Question

I have a Video clip that was shot outdoors in a strong wind that made the audio sound terrible. I re-recorded the audio portion in a quiet place onto the video camera.

I want to take the Good audio and insert it into the good video clip. How do I extract it? I see where it would go on the timeline. The files are .avi and the audio is part of them. Thanks

4 answers to this question

I have a Video clip that was shot outdoors in a strong wind that made the audio sound terrible. I re-recorded the audio portion in a quiet place onto the video camera.

I want to take the Good audio and insert it into the good video clip. How do I extract it? I see where it would go on the timeline. The files are .avi and the audio is part of them. Thanks

Extract the audio from the quiet video clip. Navigate to the file and right click on it. You will get the option to extract the audio as a wav file. Name it and save it.

Open Edit Video -Advanced (Video Wave) and add the outdoors video. Click to show hide tracks. Select native. To the left of the audio track, you will see a blue button, click on that and it will turn red. That mutes the native audio.

Add the quiet wav file to video wave as a music , sfx or narration file. You will have the option to slide it in either direction if it is not where you want it.

This may also help.

You can't remove the native audio from a video clip but can set it to mute. You can then add your new audio clip to any of the available audio tracks.

THanks for the reply, when you say navigate to the file and right click. WHich screen do I use for that or do I do that on or do I do that to the native file that is on my desktop?

THanks,

JI

Extract the audio from the quiet video clip. Navigate to the file and right click on it. You will get the option to extract the audio as a wav file. Name it and save it.

Open Edit Video -Advanced (Video Wave) and add the outdoors video. Click to show hide tracks. Select native. To the left of the audio track, you will see a blue button, click on that and it will turn red. That mutes the native audio.

Add the quiet wav file to video wave as a music , sfx or narration file. You will have the option to slide it in either direction if it is not where you want it.

This may also help.

THanks for the reply, when you say navigate to the file and right click. WHich screen do I use for that or do I do that on or do I do that to the native file that is on my desktop?

THanks,

JI

You can do it from Media Selector in "Edit Video-Advanced" (Video Wave) or from Creator 2009's Media Manager.