15 replies to this topic

#1 SpeedyIN

SpeedyIN

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:32 AM

I now have ROXIO Creator Pro 2011, coming up from 10. I had no issues w/10 doing the exact same thing. I would shoot short movice clips with my camera, and use video wave to compile them into a short movie combining the clips, to eventually upoad to Facebook. Worked perfectly. I purchased Pro 2001 and tried the exact same thing. I can click on one of the clips in VideoWave, and the video plays okay, but only after a few seconds the sound cuts completely out. That clip can finish and it might pick back up on the next click, but it too will cut out. When I output to wmv, and play the whole thing...same thing happens. Music cuts out. I have Windows XP PRO, 2GB memory. Any thoughts?
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

#2 SpeedyIN

SpeedyIN

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:05 AM

I now have ROXIO Creator Pro 2011, coming up from 10.

I had no issues w/10 doing the exact same thing.

I would shoot short movice clips with my camera, and use video wave to compile them into a short movie combining the clips, to eventually upoad to Facebook.

Worked perfectly.

I purchased Pro 2001 and tried the exact same thing. I can click on one of the clips in VideoWave, and the video plays okay, but only after a few seconds the sound cuts completely out. That clip can finish and it might pick back up on the next clip, but it too will cut out.

When I output to wmv, and play the whole thing...same thing happens.

This does not happen, if outside of Roxio, I double click on the clip, it will play perfectly on the PC where the file is in Quicktime or Windows Media Player, it only happens within Roxio.

Music cuts out. I have Windows XP PRO, 2GB memory. Any thoughts?

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
Speed

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,421 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

View PostSpeedyIN, on 13 March 2011 - 02:32 AM, said:

I now have ROXIO Creator Pro 2011, coming up from 10. I had no issues w/10 doing the exact same thing. I would shoot short movice clips with my camera, and use video wave to compile them into a short movie combining the clips, to eventually upoad to Facebook. Worked perfectly. I purchased Pro 2001 and tried the exact same thing. I can click on one of the clips in VideoWave, and the video plays okay, but only after a few seconds the sound cuts completely out. That clip can finish and it might pick back up on the next click, but it too will cut out. When I output to wmv, and play the whole thing...same thing happens. Music cuts out. I have Windows XP PRO, 2GB memory. Any thoughts?
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

What format are the video clips?  What camcorder?

Sometimes camcorder manufacturers tweak the formats for their use and you lose the audio. The3re have been several posts on this type of problem.  Convert the videos to mpg2 (standard or high definition) using a third person converter.  Go to cnet.com to download a free one.

Also please post a couple second cut of one of the videos on a free file sharing site like "UP for Down" so we can try it also.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,421 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:00 AM

View PostSpeedyIN, on 13 March 2011 - 05:05 AM, said:

I now have ROXIO Creator Pro 2011, coming up from 10.

I had no issues w/10 doing the exact same thing.

I would shoot short movice clips with my camera, and use video wave to compile them into a short movie combining the clips, to eventually upoad to Facebook.

Worked perfectly.

I purchased Pro 2001 and tried the exact same thing. I can click on one of the clips in VideoWave, and the video plays okay, but only after a few seconds the sound cuts completely out. That clip can finish and it might pick back up on the next clip, but it too will cut out.

When I output to wmv, and play the whole thing...same thing happens.

This does not happen, if outside of Roxio, I double click on the clip, it will play perfectly on the PC where the file is in Quicktime or Windows Media Player, it only happens within Roxio.

Music cuts out. I have Windows XP PRO, 2GB memory. Any thoughts?

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
Speed

Speed. you have been around long enough to know that you should post only ONCE with the same issue !
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,033 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:09 AM

I now have ROXIO Creator Pro 2011,

Wrong move...    :blink:
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#6 SpeedyIN

SpeedyIN

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:34 AM

View Postsknis, on 13 March 2011 - 05:58 AM, said:

What format are the video clips?  What camcorder?

Sometimes camcorder manufacturers tweak the formats for their use and you lose the audio. The3re have been several posts on this type of problem.  Convert the videos to mpg2 (standard or high definition) using a third person converter.  Go to cnet.com to download a free one.

Also please post a couple second cut of one of the videos on a free file sharing site like "UP for Down" so we can try it also.

Thank you.

Sorry for the second post. I thought I had put this is the wrong place, and reposted.

I'm using a CANON PowerShot SX20 IS camera, and it makes video files in the QuickTime Movie formast. I have Pinnacle as well, and put a clip in and converted it to MPEG-2 saved it, and drug it over then to Video Wave...it worked perfectly that way in Roxio. But it won't work straight in..or just moving the clip directly over to it. Which of course is a real bummer.

Had no trouble at all doing it with the older version 10.

Thanks again, and again my apologies for double posting.

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,421 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:13 AM

View PostSpeedyIN, on 13 March 2011 - 06:34 AM, said:

Thank you.

Sorry for the second post. I thought I had put this is the wrong place, and reposted.

I'm using a CANON PowerShot SX20 IS camera, and it makes video files in the QuickTime Movie formast. I have Pinnacle as well, and put a clip in and converted it to MPEG-2 saved it, and drug it over then to Video Wave...it worked perfectly that way in Roxio. But it won't work straight in..or just moving the clip directly over to it. Which of course is a real bummer.

Had no trouble at all doing it with the older version 10.

Thanks again, and again my apologies for double posting.

Try this; it works for some people.  Make sure you have Windows set to show known extension.  You can do this in Windows folder view.  Change the extension from mov to mp4.  Add that to Video Wave.  No promises that that will work.

Open a folder in Windows, select tools, then folder options.  Go to the "View" tab and scroll down. Remove the check from the box to hide known file extensions.

Edited by sknis, 13 March 2011 - 07:17 AM.

Apple =OSX 10.5

#8 SpeedyIN

SpeedyIN

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

View Postsknis, on 13 March 2011 - 07:13 AM, said:

Try this; it works for some people.  Make sure you have Windows set to show known extension.  You can do this in Windows folder view.  Change the extension from mov to mp4.  Add that to Video Wave.  No promises that that will work.

Open a folder in Windows, select tools, then folder options.  Go to the "View" tab and scroll down. Remove the check from the box to hide known file extensions.

That didn't work.

Here is an uploaded clip http://www.upfordown...load/view/47323 if you could and want to upzip and see how it does in VideoWave for you.

#9 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,421 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

View PostSpeedyIN, on 13 March 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

That didn't work.

Here is an uploaded clip http://www.upfordown...load/view/47323 if you could and want to upzip and see how it does in VideoWave for you.

Thanks for uploading that video.  I unzipped it and then added it to Video Wave and get the audio cut out that you get. I changed the extension to mp4 and that didn't help.  I used "Any Video Converter" (free from cnet.com) and converted it to a HD mpg2 file.  I added that to Video Wave and have all the audio.

You might want to try the "Any Video Converter" or other free program to convert it to mpg2.  That converter is handy because you can do batch convert if you have a bunch of videos that you want to put into Video Wave.

I also used a different video editing porgram and it had no problem with the audio.

It is interesting to note that the audio is not lost when you add the mov file to Video Wave.  It just plays several times faster !  The applause at the end of the video that you posted ended up about half way down the timeline.  Listen closely and you can hear that the audio is running fast.

Apple =OSX 10.5

#10 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

View Postsknis, on 13 March 2011 - 11:20 AM, said:

Thanks for uploading that video.  I unzipped it and then added it to Video Wave and get the audio cut out that you get. I changed the extension to mp4 and that didn't help.  I used "Any Video Converter" (free from cnet.com) and converted it to a HD mpg2 file.  I added that to Video Wave and have all the audio.

You might want to try the "Any Video Converter" or other free program to convert it to mpg2.  That converter is handy because you can do batch convert if you have a bunch of videos that you want to put into Video Wave.

I also used a different video editing porgram and it had no problem with the audio.

It is interesting to note that the audio is not lost when you add the mov file to Video Wave.  It just plays several times faster !  The applause at the end of the video that you posted ended up about half way down the timeline.  Listen closely and you can hear that the audio is running fast.

In VW, when you look at the audio track for the clip you see that it ends halfway. If you use VCC to convert to mpeg2, the audio also stops halfway. The funny thing though is the preview in VCC plays the audio completely.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#11 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,421 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 13 March 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

In VW, when you look at the audio track for the clip you see that it ends halfway. If you use VCC to convert to mpeg2, the audio also stops halfway. The funny thing though is the preview in VCC plays the audio completely.

Listen closely and you can hear that the audio is runing fast so that the applause at the end of that video file ends up in the middle.  You can see it easily if you look at the audio wav of the native track.   :rolleyes:

I don't know if this is for all issues related to the audio track - there have been several - or just this on on my computer.  :unsure:

Apple =OSX 10.5

#12 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

View Postsknis, on 13 March 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

Listen closely and you can hear that the audio is runing fast so that the applause at the end of that video file ends up in the middle.  You can see it easily if you look at the audio wav of the native track.   :rolleyes:

I don't know if this is for all issues related to the audio track - there have been several - or just this on on my computer.  :unsure:

I get the same results as you in VW. The audio is definitely speeded up.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#13 SpeedyIN

SpeedyIN

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

View Postsknis, on 13 March 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

Again, many thanks for checking this out for me. It appears there is a work around like you said, but that of course is not very handy. I tried the whole process in Pinnacle, and it worked fine. I still prefer ROXIO at least when I was using the older version. I hope they may come up with a fix soon. I just got the newer Roxio version, so there will obviously be a learning curve for me. It was just very odd that everything worked fine in the older version.

Again, thanks for your help and confirming my delimena at least.

#14 markhj

markhj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

I had the same problem with the sound droping on my videos.  I believe newer Canon SX and likely other cameras trigger this issue.  My workaround was to use the free software that came with the camera to convert the video to a different HD format.  This worked fine.  

By the way, one feature of VideoWave that worked for me was to extract the sound from the video, and the edit the video, substituting pictures taken in place of some of the not so great video, but keeping all the audio, synchronized to the remaining video, and running "under" the photos.  Almost easier to do than to describe, and the effect worked very well.

#15 Billw439

Billw439

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

Just thought I would add a reply as I have the same problem with a Canon Powershot SD3500IS. It worked in 2009 and fails in 2011. Wonder if anyone has upgraded to 2012 and if it has the same problem. I am curious if there is an option somewhere we could be missing.

#16 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,421 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:43 AM

View PostBillw439, on 30 October 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

Just thought I would add a reply as I have the same problem with a Canon Powershot SD3500IS. It worked in 2009 and fails in 2011. Wonder if anyone has upgraded to 2012 and if it has the same problem. I am curious if there is an option somewhere we could be missing.

No options that I know of.  You have a different thread going.  Please post all the information there and read those replies.  

You might ask Canon why they modified their format.  I doubt that anyting will be changed in Creator 2011 because all efforts will be made to do any fixing in Creator 2012.  

Actually the audio doesn't cut out; it is speeded up so it finishes before the video.

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users