• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Clyde B

Clyde B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:03 AM

I'm experiencing a problem when buring  a DVD / Video to a folder on the harddrive.  I'm using My DVD 8. Although the VIDEO_TS folder is created and populated, the initial VIDEO_TS.VOB file is missing.  All of the subsequent files preceded by VTS_XX_X.IFO, VTS_XX_X.VOB, and VTS_XX_X.BUP (where XX is numbered chronologically) appears to be there.

Neverhtheless when burning this folder to DVD I sometimes get an error, and the burn fails.  On the ocassions where I do get a good copy to DVD, when copying the DVD to another DVD this almost always results in an error.  So far my research has revealed that not having the VIDEO_TS.VOB results in an incompatible DVD / Video format.

How do I get the My DVD 8 software package to create the initial VIDEO_TS.VOB file?

Frustrated and running out of DVD's.   :)

Thanks

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:56 AM

Why are you burning a  VIDEO_TS folder to your computer and then copying that to a DVD?

If you want to create DVDs and be able to make others from the same file, use MyDVD and burn to an iso (image) file. Add your movie files or slide shows to MyDVD with or without a menu.   Make sure you uncheck all other options.  When the file is encoded, just copy that iso file to as many of the DVDs as you wish.

:huh:-->
QUOTE(Clyde B @ Jul 24 2006, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm experiencing a problem when buring a DVD / Video to a folder on the harddrive. I'm using My DVD 8. Although the VIDEO_TS folder is created and populated, the initial VIDEO_TS.VOB file is missing. All of the subsequent files preceded by VTS_XX_X.IFO, VTS_XX_X.VOB, and VTS_XX_X.BUP (where XX is numbered chronologically) appears to be there.

Neverhtheless when burning this folder to DVD I sometimes get an error, and the burn fails. On the ocassions where I do get a good copy to DVD, when copying the DVD to another DVD this almost always results in an error. So far my research has revealed that not having the VIDEO_TS.VOB results in an incompatible DVD / Video format.

How do I get the My DVD 8 software package to create the initial VIDEO_TS.VOB file?

Frustrated and running out of DVD's. :)

Thanks
[/quote]
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:33 AM

View Postsknis, on Jul 24 2006, 09:56 AM, said:

Why are you burning a  VIDEO_TS folder to your computer and then copying that to a DVD?
I don't why he does it, but I do it all the time so I can test the menu and playback on PowerDVD.  I NEVER burn to ISO.  I can just as easily burn mutliple copies with a video folder using Disc Copier and video folders are about the same size as ISO files.

So far my research has revealed that not having the VIDEO_TS.VOB results in an incompatible DVD / Video format.
How did you detemine this?  I had to go back through several of my own created DVDs. NONE of them have the video_ts.vob and they play fine.  If you are getting errors and burn failures, most likely something wrong somewhere.

Edited by ggrussell, 24 July 2006 - 06:34 AM.

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:40 AM

:huh:-->
QUOTE(Clyde B @ Jul 24 2006, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm experiencing a problem when buring a DVD / Video to a folder on the harddrive. I'm using My DVD 8. Although the VIDEO_TS folder is created and populated, the initial VIDEO_TS.VOB file is missing. All of the subsequent files preceded by VTS_XX_X.IFO, VTS_XX_X.VOB, and VTS_XX_X.BUP (where XX is numbered chronologically) appears to be there.

Neverhtheless when burning this folder to DVD I sometimes get an error, and the burn fails. On the ocassions where I do get a good copy to DVD, when copying the DVD to another DVD this almost always results in an error. So far my research has revealed that not having the VIDEO_TS.VOB results in an incompatible DVD / Video format.

Frustrated and running out of DVD's. :)

Thanks
[/quote]
Just like Gary, I don't have any VIDEO_TS.VOB file on any DVDs that I have created using EMC (see image of Video_TS folder) and they play fine. I have noticed though that commercial DVD have such a file . This is from the net:

<LI>the VIDEO_TS folder
Contains all the video and audio related files

Following files may occur to be in this folder :

\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP
\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB (optional)
\VIDEO_TS\VTS_nn_0.IFO
\VIDEO_TS\VTS_nn_0.BUP
\VIDEO_TS\VTS_nn_0.VOB (optional)
\VIDEO_TS\VTS_nn_1.VOB
\VIDEO_TS\VTS_nn_n.VOB  (optional)

This file structure is generated by the Video DVD building system.

[size=3]*.IFO[/size] files are program files. They contain control instructions whiach allow the Video DVD player to handle the movie

[size=3]*.BUP [/size]files are an exact image of the *.IFO files. They are mandatory on a Video DVD and are used in case of an error while reading an *.IFO file.

[size=3]*.VOB [/size]files contain all the datas.

VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.BUP and VIDEO_TS.VOB files are compose the Video Manager. It is the first program loaded by the DVD player when the PLAY is launched.

Video Manager usually launches a short introductory logo movie and the main menu where you choose language subtitles and chapters

Attached Images

• Video_TS.jpg

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#5 starrigger

starrigger

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:46 AM

I'm experiencing the same problem.  I just finished my first project using Roxio MyDVD (or thought I had), and I "burned" it to a folder set.  I chose this over ISO file for two reasons--I'm familiar with it from all the other video software I've used, and I can choose pretty much any copy utility to burn the files to disc.  (Or thought I could; it worked with other software.)

Only it didn't work.  I also am missing the VIDEO_TS.VOB file.  I don't know that that's the problem, but I do know such a file exists in all my other projects created from the earlier Sonic MyDVD.

The resulting DVD played, but played immediately, and nothing I clicked would bring up the menu.  When I tried fast-forwarding, the playback froze, and that was it.

So in addition to the original question here, I'm wondering, is there any reason I couldn't use any good copy utility to burn the DVD folder onto a disc?  I don't seem to have a copy function in my Roxio DVD.  (I bought MyDVD 8, and not the entire suite.)

Edited by starrigger, 24 July 2006 - 11:47 AM.

#6 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:39 PM

There is no reason why you couldn't use any copy utility that can burn a video folder to a video DVD.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#7 starrigger

starrigger

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:58 PM

View Postggrussell, on Jul 24 2006, 12:39 PM, said:

There is no reason why you couldn't use any copy utility that can burn a video folder to a video DVD.

I tried playing it on my computer, and it didn't play properly there, either.  So clearly the build was defective.  I'm redoing the DVD authoring part of the project, starting with new menu buttons.  I'll report back on whether the problem goes away.

#8 Clyde B

Clyde B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:10 PM

View Postggrussell, on Jul 24 2006, 06:33 AM, said:

I don't why he does it, but I do it all the time so I can test the menu and playback on PowerDVD.  I NEVER burn to ISO.  I can just as easily burn mutliple copies with a video folder using Disc Copier and video folders are about the same size as ISO files.

How did you detemine this?  I had to go back through several of my own created DVDs. NONE of them have the video_ts.vob and they play fine.  If you are getting errors and burn failures, most likely something wrong somewhere.

I arrived at that conclusion (incompatible DVD format) after searching the internet like an earlier poster did and found that the initial .VOB file is responsible for the Video Object Menu.  This was after I burned what I thought was a perfectly normal DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder, and the very next DVD that I burned from the same folder did not play, or a subsequent DVD I burned from the same folder appeared without a Menu.  Other instances seemed to hang up the DVD player, but after about 5 minutes allowed me to either play the DVD or eject it.

So I thought that I could removed the ROXIOPLAZMA (or whatever it is) folder from the folder and use NERO Deluxe version 6 to copy the folder to a DVD, (I prefer the EMC menus to NERO), and that is when I received the incompatible DVD format error.

It may be my equipment, but some DVD's burn fine other's don't.  I am using two external USB drives for storage and burning, they both spin at 7200 rpm however, which is what I saw was recommeded.

I asked the support team at ROXIO for help over 13 days ago and this issue has not been responded to as of yet.

Oh yeah, my first attempt at burning a DVD was to use the .iso image.  Unfortunately I ran out of patience trying to get it to work.  Either I used the wrong program or it was simply was not recognized.  I am using the EMC 8 Deluxe Suite.

#9 starrigger

starrigger

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:02 PM

I tried reauthoring my DVD from scratch (i.e., from the finished video edit in Videowave).  This time I had less trial and error getting my Play button and submenu buttons for scenes set up, and all played correctly in preview.  I did another "burn" to video folders.  

The results were even worse than the first time.  To begin with, MyDVD 8 created the folders in a location different from the location I specified (not even on the same hard drive), and there were even fewer files in the folder of try 2 than in try 1.  (Also, whereas my first build produced a 3 GB folder, my second build--same video, but with somewhat different menu structure--produced only a 1.4 GB folder.)  I tried playing it in PowerDVD on the computer, and once again, no menu appeared.  Also, my chapter points were gone--not just unavailable as buttons, but gone period.

I have no idea what's going wrong, but I've wasted way too much time on this.  My next attempt is going to be to import the same video into my old reliable, Sonic MyDVD 6.  

Jeff

#10 starrigger

starrigger

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:20 PM

Actually, my second build attempt (see above) caught only a fraction of the total video.  So it was a complete failure.  I'm in the process of outputting the finished video edit as a DV AVI file so I can import it into different software.

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,439 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:27 AM

:)-->
QUOTE(Clyde B @ Jul 24 2006, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I arrived at that conclusion (incompatible DVD format) after searching the internet like an earlier poster did and found that the initial .VOB file is responsible for the Video Object Menu.  This was after I burned what I thought was a perfectly normal DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder, and the very next DVD that I burned from the same folder did not play, or a subsequent DVD I burned from the same folder appeared without a Menu.  Other instances seemed to hang up the DVD player, but after about 5 minutes allowed me to either play the DVD or eject it.

So I thought that I could removed the ROXIOPLAZMA (or whatever it is) folder from the folder and use NERO Deluxe version 6 to copy the folder to a DVD, (I prefer the EMC menus to NERO), and that is when I received the incompatible DVD format error.

It may be my equipment, but some DVD's burn fine other's don't.  I am using two external USB drives for storage and burning, they both spin at 7200 rpm however, which is what I saw was recommeded.

I asked the support team at ROXIO for help over 13 days ago and this issue has not been responded to as of yet.

Oh yeah, my first attempt at burning a DVD was to use the .iso image.  Unfortunately I ran out of patience trying to get it to work.  Either I used the wrong program or it was simply was not recognized.  I am using the EMC 8 Deluxe Suite.
[/quote]

Clyde, I have been playing with this in EMC 7.5 with a Sony DVD Mini Cam and a Panasonic DVR Recorder.
Both disc's made by them have the VIDEO_TS.VOB. If I remember a earlier version of Sonic My DVD did it also.
What it is, is there proprietary splash screen menu , a very small file.
I have used 7.5 Disc Copier to burn to the HD in video folder structure and the VIDEO_TS.VOB is retained. Then reburn to DVD in 7.5 Disc Copier and the VIDEO_TS.VOB is still there and the proprietary splash screen menu is there just like the Mini DVD and DVR Disc when played.
Now 7.5 DVD Builder don't like the disc in that structure, and 7.5 capture tells me there's errors on the disc, but 7.5 Disc Copier just copied the disc fine and plays!
Nero 7 will except it in Vision and reauthor it but the VIDEO_TS.VOB is gone when burned back to a disc. When you play the Nero reauthored disc the proprietary splash screen menu is gone and that's where it was in the VIDEO_TS.VOB.
I then took that Nero burned disc without the  VIDEO_TS.VOB  and 7.5 capture excepts it fine!
I haven't played with this in EMC8 yet.
The  VIDEO_TS.VOB on a commercial DVD contains the extras not associated with the disc movie. It will have up coming trailers and the like, but it's still the first thing you see when played.
It's just the way some software is wrote to author the disc,  and what they want on it. If you notice its the third file in that structured disc and the first thing seen when playing the disc. Other software does not use it. As said above it is not needed to make a compliant DVD Video disc.

cdanteek
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#12 starrigger

starrigger

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:47 PM

I can't directly address the points made in the post above, but when I had my unsuccessful burn attempts with EMC8, the video_ts.vob file was missing, and so was the menu on my DVD.  Cause and effect?  I don't know.

I finished my own DVD by going back to Videowave and outputting my edited video as a DV AVI movie.  Then I imported that into my earlier version of MyDVD (Sonic), and everything worked like a charm.  

I still have no idea why EMC8 failed to produce a usable DVD folder for me--maybe it needs a faster and snazzier computer--or maybe it couldn't handle importing the edited project from Videowave, as opposed to an .avi movie file--or maybe it's just junky software.  I don't know.  But I'm ready to walk away from it, at least the MyDVD portion.  

Jeff

#13 Clyde B

Clyde B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:49 PM

View Postcdanteek, on Jul 25 2006, 05:27 AM, said:

:huh:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clyde B @ Jul 24 2006, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Clyde, I have been playing with this in EMC 7.5 with a Sony DVD Mini Cam and a Panasonic DVR Recorder.
Both disc's made by them have the VIDEO_TS.VOB. If I remember a earlier version of Sonic My DVD did it also.
What it is, is there proprietary splash screen menu , a very small file.
I have used 7.5 Disc Copier to burn to the HD in video folder structure and the VIDEO_TS.VOB is retained. Then reburn to DVD in 7.5 Disc Copier and the VIDEO_TS.VOB is still there and the proprietary splash screen menu is there just like the Mini DVD and DVR Disc when played.
Now 7.5 DVD Builder don't like the disc in that structure, and 7.5 capture tells me there's errors on the disc, but 7.5 Disc Copier just copied the disc fine and plays!
Nero 7 will except it in Vision and reauthor it but the VIDEO_TS.VOB is gone when burned back to a disc. When you play the Nero reauthored disc the proprietary splash screen menu is gone and that's where it was in the VIDEO_TS.VOB.
I then took that Nero burned disc without the  VIDEO_TS.VOB  and 7.5 capture excepts it fine!
I haven't played with this in EMC8 yet.
The  VIDEO_TS.VOB on a commercial DVD contains the extras not associated with the disc movie. It will have up coming trailers and the like, but it's still the first thing you see when played.
It's just the way some software is wrote to author the disc,  and what they want on it. If you notice its the third file in that structured disc and the first thing seen when playing the disc. Other software does not use it. As said above it is not needed to make a compliant DVD Video disc.

cdanteek

Thanks for the explanation.  I can buy the fact that the VIDEO_TS.VOB is not needed because 'some' of the successful burns did not have this file.  I just can't explain why the very next burn produced the same image, yet the menu would not display.

I am very new to this, and I have seen others mention using a .AVI file, I'll have to do some research.  Unfortunately I have purchased three different packages hoping to find that Killer App, and they all lack on one way or other.

Thanks to everyone that has responded, although I don't have an answer, I know at least that I am not alone, while at the same time I have been introduced to other options.  

But please feel free to continue to comment as I may even learn how to put together a .AVI DVD and make a .iso file work.   :)

View Poststarrigger, on Jul 25 2006, 01:47 PM, said:

I can't directly address the points made in the post above, but when I had my unsuccessful burn attempts with EMC8, the video_ts.vob file was missing, and so was the menu on my DVD.  Cause and effect?  I don't know.

I finished my own DVD by going back to Videowave and outputting my edited video as a DV AVI movie.  Then I imported that into my earlier version of MyDVD (Sonic), and everything worked like a charm.  

I still have no idea why EMC8 failed to produce a usable DVD folder for me--maybe it needs a faster and snazzier computer--or maybe it couldn't handle importing the edited project from Videowave, as opposed to an .avi movie file--or maybe it's just junky software.  I don't know.  But I'm ready to walk away from it, at least the MyDVD portion.  

Jeff

Thanks starrigger, I don't think the support desk at Roxio has the anwer either as I have been waiting on them to respond since July 9th, 11 days ago.  

I'm going to see if any of the packages I have will allow me to output a DV AVI movie.

#14 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

:) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clyde B @ Jul 25 2006, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unfortunately I have purchased three different packages hoping to find that Killer App, and they all lack on one way or other. [/quote]Just 3? LOL  There are quite a few that have trial verisons you can download.  I own o rhave owned Adobe Premiere Elements 2, Sony Vegas Studio + DVD, Serif Movie Plus 4&5, Magix Movie Edit Pro 10 & 11, Pinnacle Studio 7,8 & 9, Movie Star 3, ShowBiz 2, Ulead Video Studio 8, Ulead's Media Studio Pro 8, DVDit Pro 6, plus all the software I could possibly download trial versions.

There is no one 'killer' video editor and DVD authoring package (IMHO).  It seems like you can find a package that easy to use, but not many features OR really full featured and hard to use.  Although I may use one of these other editors for a very specific project or feature, I always finish with Videowave and MyDVD. Good balance between price and features. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well for everyone as it does for me.

[quote]I'm going to see if any of the packages I have will allow me to output a DV AVI movie.[/quote]I haven't seen a video editor yet thta doesn't support DV AVI output. Even Window's Movie Maker does.  I've used WMM a few times for its text effects. Export to DV AVI and used teh file in Videowave with no problems.

Edited by ggrussell, 25 July 2006 - 03:49 PM.

---------

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#15 starrigger

starrigger

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:30 PM

Heh, I'm still waiting for a response from tech support to a question I submitted over a month ago.  I'm not holding my breath.  You get better support here, by far.  

If I understand correctly, you've got your project edited in Videowave, yes?  You can use the File>Output> command to produce a movie in DV AVI format from your final edit.  Then you can import that AVI file into the DVD authoring program of your choice.  For me it was Sonic's earlier version of MyDVD.  

Note, you're not making an AVI DVD.  You're taking your final edited project in the best quality format (.avi) and plugging it into a program that will, in the end, compress it into MPG format for the final DVD.  

If you don't have another DVD authoring program, try this:

Instead of using the Videowave command to send the edited project to MyDVD, do as I described above.  Then open MyDVD and import the AVI file.  Maybe that will work better.  (I haven't tested that myself, so it's just a guess.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users