• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Cogan

Michael Cogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

I'm sometimes sent a finished master to which I need to add or modify the metadata. I'd like to do this without touching the existing ausio, spacing, etc. I can import it into Toast, but that creates "Roxio Converted Items" of the audio. Also, the spacing isn't accurate. It does import any existing metadata but not the UPC code. Is there any way around all of this?

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

I've checked with Toast 11 and dragging an audio CD from the Finder into the Toast audio CD window results in the audio being extracted as you've seen, but the spacing is retained. The ISRC code for tracks is filled in. I don't know what version of Toast began doing this differently than Toast 8 but my guess is any of the later versions get the spacing correct on import. By the way, the importing of tracks does not result in them being written to the Roxio Converted Items folder in Toast 11. I don't know where they are temporary stored but I'm pretty certain they are invisible files. Maybe Toast is temporarily creating a sd2f version which is how it retains all the info.

Edited by tsantee, 16 March 2011 - 04:24 PM.

I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Michael Cogan

Michael Cogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for your info! I did think that a later version may work better. What Toast 8 does is seem to import the spacings between the tracks, but, in fact, they aren't always correct. They also seem to be affected by the automatic spacing set in preferences. It does show all the track info, including the ISRC code. What it doesn't show is the UPC code for the disc itself.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

View PostMichael Cogan, on 16 March 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

Thanks for your info! I did think that a later version may work better. What Toast 8 does is seem to import the spacings between the tracks, but, in fact, they aren't always correct. They also seem to be affected by the automatic spacing set in preferences. It does show all the track info, including the ISRC code. What it doesn't show is the UPC code for the disc itself.
I'm pretty sure the UPC code for the disc is not included with the Toast 11 rip either. As for the precision of the gaps and crossfades, I didn't actually study that. I saw that the gaps differed between tracks and assumed these are accurate. If you want to try a newer version of Toast Roxio has a 30-day refund policy when purchased directly from Roxio.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users