basenji

adding audio to grouped clips

I am trying to add an mp3 audio file to a group of pictures (grouped clips). I have gone thru and linked them all - by Shift-clicking them - and then right clicked and selected Group. You can then see on the screen that they are 'connected'.

I then drag and drop my mp3 file / song onto the first picture of the group.

After I Make Movie and go to watch it, the song only plays on the first song of the group; it stops at the end of the first picture, and does not play while the remaining pictures of the group are shown.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I would sure appreciate a little help / some suggestions.

Thanks!!!

I am trying to add an mp3 audio file to a group of pictures (grouped clips). I have gone thru and linked them all - by Shift-clicking them - and then right clicked and selected Group. You can then see on the screen that they are 'connected'.

After I Make Movie and go to watch it, the song only plays on the first song of the group; it stops at the end of the first picture, and does not play while the remaining pictures of the group are shown.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I would sure appreciate a little help / some suggestions.

Thanks!!!

I am having the same problem. I have videowave 9. With videowave 4 it was easy. I can't even get the videos grouped? Have you heard any responses?

I am having the same problem. I have videowave 9. With videowave 4 it was easy. I can't even get the videos grouped? Have you heard any responses?

I'd say it was pretty obvious there was no response over the last month and a half.

Lynn

Guest mlpasley

Thanks!!!

I've been trying to remember how this is done and I don't think you drag and drop the song onto the first picture.

I think you have to select the group as you already did. Then you have to drag and drop the song to the tab that shows them linked.

However, I could be wrong and the person who used to be the expert on this no longer visits the boards.

I am also having the same problem with Roxio 9. I am unable to group clips and apply audio tracks to the ones I want. The sound either stops after the first clip, or it applies to the entire production. I still have my old Roxio program which actually works with Vista, but freezes occasionally. The only way I know how to solve this problem is I have hooked up my old dinosaur Dell with Windows and I am editing my production with old software as I feel like I wasted my money on the new program that does not do what the old one did. Also the old program had a library of included sound clips and I cannot find any such library in the new Roxio 9.

My only suggestion is to reinstall the old software on a non Vista computer and you will be fine. Maybe over time, someone at Roxio will come up with a solution to this widespread complaint.

There is extra content (such as sample audio clips) to be found on the content CD. Install it to get the samples.