• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HolyCrapItsAdam

HolyCrapItsAdam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

Okay so I just got my Roxio Game Capture and I hooked everything up as instructed but when I go to capture my game footage, I get a message after about 30 seconds saying "unknown capture error" does anybody know how to fix this issue?

#2 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Keep in mind that I do not own this device nor do any of the other Guru's as far as I know.

1) Can you see a picture on the TV and also in the Preview screen of the software?

2) Did the drivers load successfully for the device?

3) Are your Video drivers up to date on your PC?

4) On your Xbox the HD cable could be one that does either Component or Composite.If so there is a switch that needs to be set to HD.Is it if needed?

You say after 30 seconds you get the message.
Are you able to capture for those 30 seconds or nothing at all and then the error?

Edited by tbrewst, 26 March 2011 - 04:09 PM.

RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#3 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostHolyCrapItsAdam, on 26 March 2011 - 03:55 PM, said:

Okay so I just got my Roxio Game Capture and I hooked everything up as instructed but when I go to capture my game footage, I get a message after about 30 seconds saying "unknown capture error" does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Hello Adam,

What is your Windows version?

Use K-lite Codec pack?

This DirectX updated?

Close programs like Antivirus, FPS counter, Media Player...

Try record with Virtualdub.

Get me out a doubt. The RGC capture to 480p@30fps or 480p@60fps?

Posted Image

You could make a print screen I selected?

I did pre-order and am wanting to know more about it.

You can do this or just say what are the options?

Tks

Claudio

Edited by Cauptain, 26 March 2011 - 09:59 PM.

My specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1, Core I5@4ghz, 16 GB Memory, HD 6 TB, CrossfireX 6850 XFX, Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe, AverTV HD DVR, Mygica X5807, Roxio GC
........................................................................Cauptain Youtube Channel - Consoles HD..................................................................
_____________________________________________________________________________________

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,865 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:24 AM

NO code packs beyond what is included are ever required for any Roxio product!

Otherwise some good suggestions ;)
Posted Image

#5 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:14 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 27 March 2011 - 04:24 AM, said:

NO code packs beyond what is included are ever required for any Roxio product!

Otherwise some good suggestions ;)

I spoke because already experienced problems with CODECS using other capture software. The video was delay or give me error after 1 minute of recording.

The biggest problem in access to HD would be Antivirus, which checks on read/write settings.

He could use MSCONFIG, uncheck everything and test, achieving record, then he enabled them one at a time.

Claudio

My specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1, Core I5@4ghz, 16 GB Memory, HD 6 TB, CrossfireX 6850 XFX, Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe, AverTV HD DVR, Mygica X5807, Roxio GC
........................................................................Cauptain Youtube Channel - Consoles HD..................................................................
_____________________________________________________________________________________

#6 HolyCrapItsAdam

HolyCrapItsAdam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hi everybody I appreciate the responses. Just so everybody knows, I am running on a bootcamp of vista installed on my Macbook Pro. My computer stats exceed the minimum requirements however I have suspected that the drivers for the software did not install correctly and so I had deleted my bootcamp and installed a fresh version of Windows Vista Home Premium. I will not be able to check for a couple days as im away from the house but I will let you know once I get home and reinstall the software and if the problems still exist or not.

Also, I was running IE9 and since rebooting Vista have reverted back to IE8 in an attempt to remedy this issue and I don't have antivirus software installed so that shouldn't be an issue

@tbrewst, you asked if I could capture for those 30 seconds or if it didn't record at all and it didn't record at all.

#7 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:24 AM

I haven't seen what the device looks like in Device Manager but I'd expect that there are 2 entries.1 for the Audio side and 1 for the video.
If the drivers for the device installed correctly then you should see something for it,under Sound,video,Game controllers I'd expect.
If the drivers aren't there then the device won't work and you won't be able to capture.

In the software window look under Source and see if it says Roxio Game Capture USB like the pic shows.
RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#8 HolyCrapItsAdam

HolyCrapItsAdam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

Just an update for you guys,

After freshly installing Vista on my MacBook Pro and downloading all of the Vista and BootCamp Updates, when I go to connect the device via USB to my MacBook, i get 3 beeps signifing that the device is not being recognized. I plugged in my wireless mouse and that was recognized just fine so I know that its not my USB ports. I am probably gonna end up just sending this back and getting my money back unless somebody has any advice for me. I am extremely frustrated and have tried everything I can think of. Sorry about my little rant there. I appreciate any and all suggestions you guys could provide for me

#9 Lrod

Lrod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

View PostHolyCrapItsAdam, on 28 March 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

Just an update for you guys,

After freshly installing Vista on my MacBook Pro and downloading all of the Vista and BootCamp Updates, when I go to connect the device via USB to my MacBook, i get 3 beeps signifing that the device is not being recognized. I plugged in my wireless mouse and that was recognized just fine so I know that its not my USB ports. I am probably gonna end up just sending this back and getting my money back unless somebody has any advice for me. I am extremely frustrated and have tried everything I can think of. Sorry about my little rant there. I appreciate any and all suggestions you guys could provide for me

am with you man..my problem is a runtime error as well as 'roxio game capture stopped working'. i've donde everything and updates.

#10 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

What may be happening is that the MacBook just doesn't recognise the device. Even though you are running Bootcamp, it's still a Mac configured port and has to be picked up as 'legitimate'(ie Apple) hardware.
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users