• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Groundloop

Groundloop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

Two weeks ago I installed Toast 9 on my new Macbook Pro, and then installed the 9.0.7 update. After the first install, during the "Additional Software" stage of the setup process, I chose the option to install Blu-ray disc support. A few days ago, I had a kernel panic and crash. When I restarted the computer, a number of "System extension cannot be used" warnings popped up, among them was RoxioBluRaySupport.kext. I trashed all the affected .kext files, and reinstalled the affected software. But during the reinstall of Toast 9, I no longer have the option of adding Blu-ray support. I've trashed the Toast plist and Prefs files to force the setup assistant during launch, but I never get the option to install Blu-ray support.
Any ideas? I've attached a couple of screenshots.

Thanks.

Kernel Extension.png

Additional Software.png

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:52 AM

There is no step during the Toast set up for installing the Blu-ray plugin. Quit Toast and run the Blu-ray plugin installer as a separate installation.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Groundloop

Groundloop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:28 AM

View Posttsantee, on 30 March 2011 - 06:52 AM, said:

There is no step during the Toast set up for installing the Blu-ray plugin. Quit Toast and run the Blu-ray plugin installer as a separate installation.

Thanks for the reply, but isn't the plug in used for authoring Blu-ray movies? I only need Blu-ray support to use Blu-ray for data backup, and I didn't need a separate install for Blu-ray support 2 weeks ago, and the RoxioBluRaySupport.kext file got installed.

Edited by Groundloop, 30 March 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#4 ToastEdu

ToastEdu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

I recently purchased an external Blu-ray burner and found out that I need to install the system extension RoxioBluRaySupport.kext in order to see the disks on my Mac desktop. This is because I'm still on the Tiger OS, PPC.  I contacted Roxio and they told me they no longer support Toast 9, and to inquire on the Forum.  Any thoughts about me getting this extension installed on my computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users