• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Volt

Volt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

I've just bought this product - specifically for the 3D functionality. The speil said "no additional hardware required". Imagine my surprise then when I receive this message:

"Because your video card doesn't support 3D video, and all 3d features are dissabled now. In order to use 3D features please upgrade your video card or it's driver"

(note the poor grammer LOL)

My card DOES support 3D and I DO have the latest drivers.(Nvidia GTS450 1GB RAM with driver version 267.59 dated March 2011). Not that that should matter what-so-ever if the initial claims are correct! All I want to do is create and burn 3D content. I don't need my PC to play it back. I have a Samsung 3D TV & 3D Blu-ray player to take care of that.

I was also really unhappy when I tried to phone the premium rate 'technical support' to find the operative (claiming to be called Matt LMAO) had a very poor Anglo/Bangladeshi accent. How dare Roxio put someone like this on the other end of a premium rate phone line?! I would have spent all my money trying to understand him/get him to recognise my problem - let alone provide a solution to it.

Oh, by the way, I'm running Win7 32bit SP1.

Attached Files

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

View PostVolt, on 31 March 2011 - 07:37 AM, said:

I've just bought this product - specifically for the 3D functionality. The speil said "no additional hardware required". Imagine my surprise then when I receive this message:

"Because your video card doesn't support 3D video, and all 3d features are dissabled now. In order to use 3D features please upgrade your video card or it's driver"

(note the poor grammer LOL)

My card DOES support 3D and I DO have the latest drivers.(Nvidia GTS450 1GB RAM with driver version 267.59 dated March 2011). Not that that should matter what-so-ever if the initial claims are correct! All I want to do is create and burn 3D content. I don't need my PC to play it back. I have a Samsung 3D TV & 3D Blu-ray player to take care of that.

I was also really unhappy when I tried to phone the premium rate 'technical support' to find the operative (claiming to be called Matt LMAO) had a very poor Anglo/Bangladeshi accent. How dare Roxio put someone like this on the other end of a premium rate phone line?! I would have spent all my money trying to understand him/get him to recognise my problem - let alone provide a solution to it.

Oh, by the way, I'm running Win7 32bit SP1.

Perhaps you missed this? :unsure:

For 3D Vision support, you will also need to install the NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver v267.59.

Have you installed this?

Attached File  3D.jpg   476.97K   0 downloads

Edited by cdanteek, 31 March 2011 - 08:02 AM.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 Volt

Volt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

Well, I didn't see THAT, that's a US advert not UK and not the one posted on the Amazon site. However, that is immeterial - that is there to say "we're not providing you with more expensive glasses/3D Player/3D TV".

You might have missed this bit that I mention in my post: I don't want (or even need) the program to PLAY BACK 3D content. I want and expect it to CREATE it. I have the correct hardware and software/drivers to do this, or so I believe. My machine meets or beats the miniumum spec as advertised on the product label. I've downloaded the Creator 2011 SP but didn't need it. I have the necessary hardware to playback the 3D content once created.

Thanks.

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

View PostVolt, on 31 March 2011 - 08:11 AM, said:

Well, I didn't see THAT, that's a US advert not UK and not the one posted on the Amazon site. However, that is immeterial - that is there to say "we're not providing you with more expensive glasses/3D Player/3D TV".

You might have missed this bit that I mention in my post: I don't want (or even need) the program to PLAY BACK 3D content. I want and expect it to CREATE it. I have the correct hardware and software/drivers to do this, or so I believe. My machine meets or beats the miniumum spec as advertised on the product label. I've downloaded the Creator 2011 SP but didn't need it. I have the necessary hardware to playback the 3D content once created.

Thanks.

Please answer the question. Have you installed this?

For 3D Vision support, you will also need to install the NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver v267.59.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#5 Volt

Volt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:18 AM

Oh and incidentally, I did specify that I have the drivers quoted that I need (see my first post) and you may take a moment to review the minimum spec detailed above - nowhere does it say that you need a 3D compatible card - CUDA enabled, yes (mine is) - 3D - NO but that's related to streaming isn't it?

Thanks again.

#6 Volt

Volt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 31 March 2011 - 08:16 AM, said:

Please answer the question. Have you installed this?

Please read my first post again where it clearly states "(Nvidia GTS450 1GB RAM with driver version 267.59 dated March 2011)."

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

View PostVolt, on 31 March 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

Please read my first post again where it clearly states "(Nvidia GTS450 1GB RAM with driver version 267.59 dated March 2011)."

If you won't answer specific questions, I'm done here.

Attached File  3.jpg   117.6K   0 downloads
cd
Spoiler

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,199 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

Volt, rather than flying off the handle, it would be better to read what is being said and asked.  cd is an expert and does not ask questions for the hell of it.

Perhaps you are missing the point that there are two downloads.  The one you said you had and the Vision Controller Driver.

Now did you install both?

Does everyone in the UK have a quick temper?

Edited by sknis, 31 March 2011 - 12:20 PM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users