• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jmkiska

jmkiska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:04 AM

I just upgraded to Toast 11 Pro, so I was wondering what is the best method to use to uninstall Toast 10.  Can I just use a program like AppDelete, or will that delete some of the Toast 11 files?  Thanks...

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:32 AM

Best Answer

You might want to keep Toast 10 around a little while longer. Toast 11 is having trouble burning discs at faster than the slowest speed. So if you plan to burn many discs you might choose to use Save as Disc Image in Toast 11 and burn those using the Image File setting in the Copy window in Toast 10. There's no conflict with having both versions on your Mac. One other thing is that the application Streamer is no longer in the Toast bundle. If you use Streamer then don't delete it when you trash Toast 10.

As for deleting Toast 10, it is ample just to trash the Toast 10 folder. Toast 10 didn't put a bunch of stuff in your libraries (other than preference and plist files that get used by Toast 11, too).
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 jmkiska

jmkiska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

View Posttsantee, on 06 April 2011 - 07:32 AM, said:

You might want to keep Toast 10 around a little while longer. Toast 11 is having trouble burning discs at faster than the slowest speed. So if you plan to burn many discs you might choose to use Save as Disc Image in Toast 11 and burn those using the Image File setting in the Copy window in Toast 10. There's no conflict with having both versions on your Mac. One other thing is that the application Streamer is no longer in the Toast bundle. If you use Streamer then don't delete it when you trash Toast 10.

As for deleting Toast 10, it is ample just to trash the Toast 10 folder. Toast 10 didn't put a bunch of stuff in your libraries (other than preference and plist files that get used by Toast 11, too).

Thanks for the info.  I think I'll take your advice for now and keep both since there is no conflict between the two.

Regards,  John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users