#1 JRed

JRed

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

Ok, so here's the deal.

I'm currently using RGC to record my fights on Fight Night Champion. Long story short; the fights are about 25 minutes long if they play out a full 10 rounds.  I love the option to upload to youtube straight from the editing software, but it only allows for 10 minute videos. I don't want to use 3 videos for one fight. I post my fights on a forum, and very few people want a thread with three videos embedded.  

So my problem is that I need to export 15 minute clips from the editing software WITHOUT LOSING ANY QUALITY so that I can upload straight to youtubes site, which allows videos of 15 minutes or less.

Any help? Thanks in advance...

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

Best Answer

Hey Everybody  -

I'm waiting for final approval on this article re the YouTube upload limit, but here is the draft that will probably go up this week:

"Roxio Game Capture uses the YouTube SDK which currently limits uploads to 10 minutes. If you wish to upload videos longer than 10 minutes, you will need to export your videos as files to your hard drive and upload via YouTube's website."

Jon
Roxio Customer Care

#2 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

Hello JRed,

You know that your account on YT can be automatically updated for videos larger than 15mns?

But the videos can be sent directly by the YT page.

Try sending a 5 movies with over 15 mns and see if your account is updated. ;)

For you question I recommend the following:

Output your video editing for AVI using the codec UT VIDEO CODEC(YUV4.2.2) in 848x480 resolution (no black bars) + Audio uncompressed (48khz).

After this, convert using your favorite software to MP4(X264/H264 Codec with 4096 bitrate) + audio (AAC 128 bitrate) the most used encode video for high quality image on YT.

Look this:

SD(480p) video:

SD2HD(480p to 720p) video:

My specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1, Core I5@4ghz, 16 GB Memory, HD 6 TB, CrossfireX 6850 XFX, Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe, AverTV HD DVR, Mygica X5807, Roxio GC
........................................................................Cauptain Youtube Channel - Consoles HD..................................................................
_____________________________________________________________________________________

#3 JRed

JRed

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for the swift reply!

I'm going to give this a shot.

I'll check back for more info as I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Thank you again.

#4 JRed

JRed

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

I am not seeing the codec UT VIDEO CODEC(YUV4.2.2). The closest I have to that is Intel IYUV codec (i420) and Intel IYUV codec (iyuv).

I'm sorry if I'm totally clueless, but I really want to learn how to do this.

Also, the closest resolution I could use was 800 x 450 . And I have no clue how to get my YT account to allow me to do that. :(

And how in the world did you get  your videos in hd? Game Capture only allows 480, right?

Edited by JRed, 07 April 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#5 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:42 PM

View PostJRed, on 07 April 2011 - 07:13 AM, said:

I am not seeing the codec UT VIDEO CODEC(YUV4.2.2). The closest I have to that is Intel IYUV codec (i420) and Intel IYUV codec (iyuv).

Also, the closest resolution I could use was 800 x 450 . And I have no clue how to get my YT account to allow me to do that. :(

And how in the world did you get  your videos in hd? Game Capture only allows 480, right?

Hi, mate.

For Codec use the links:

UT Video X86: UT Video Codec 32bits

Ut video X64: UT Video Codec 64bits

Only export in 720x480. Use the RIPBOT264 to encode for MP4.

Posted Image
Posted Image

If not allowed to post photos of free software, I edit the text without any problem.

ROXIO no responsibility for the use of thirdy softwares.

Any question, reply.

My specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1, Core I5@4ghz, 16 GB Memory, HD 6 TB, CrossfireX 6850 XFX, Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe, AverTV HD DVR, Mygica X5807, Roxio GC
........................................................................Cauptain Youtube Channel - Consoles HD..................................................................
_____________________________________________________________________________________

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

View PostJRed, on 07 April 2011 - 07:13 AM, said:

The person answering your questions does not have the Roxio program or the capture device so I would question some of the information he presents.  A couple of days ago he said that he ordered the program but does not yet have it.  If he has this quickly, it it may be an illegal Bit Torrent version.  He does that frequently.

Do not worry about the codecs; everything you need for codecs is included in the program.  Adding more may be an issue; it has been in the past when the added codecs superseded the ones in the program and screwed everything up.

I believe that the sales blurb says capture and output in HD - I'm not sure what that means -exactly.  Here are the Kb articles on the program..

As with a lot of sales blurbs, they do not give you all the full information the way you want it.  I don't believe that any of the frequent posters have this program yet.

Read this about resolution for the PS3.

The person relying to your questions uses a different capture card and ?? for a program.  He may have a lot of experience in game capture but I don't think he has any information on this particular product.   Please take his postings with a grain of salt.

Edited by sknis, 07 April 2011 - 12:54 PM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#7 JRed

JRed

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

View Postsknis, on 07 April 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

The person answering your questions does not have the Roxio program or the capture device so I would question some of the information he presents.  A couple of days ago he said that he ordered the program but does not yet have it.  If he has this quickly, it it may be an illegal Bit Torrent version.  He does that frequently.

Do not worry about the codecs; everything you need for codecs is included in the program.  Adding more may be an issue; it has been in the past when the added codecs superseded the ones in the program and screwed everything up.

I believe that the sales blurb says capture and output in HD - I'm not sure what that means -exactly.  Here are the Kb articles on the program..

As with a lot of sales blurbs, they do not give you all the full information the way you want it.  I don't believe that any of the frequent posters have this program yet.

The person relying to your questions uses a different capture card and ?? for a program.  He may have a lot of experience in game capture but I don't think he has any information on this particular product.   Please take his postings with a grain of salt.
Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind.  And I'm not having a problem capturing quality video, I'm having a problem uploading more than 10 minute clips to YT.  It seems that no matter what, when I export the clip it loses quality or is WAYYY too large of a file for youtube.  

I really just want to know how to export clips WITHOUT losing ANY quality, so that I can upload 15 minute clips to YT.

Uploading straight from the software is working great, and I lose no quality, HOWEVER, three videos for a 10 round fight IS NOT what I want to have to do. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

-ETA-
Also, I'm capturing in AVI because I heard that gives you the best quality.

Edited by JRed, 07 April 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

View PostJRed, on 07 April 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind.  And I'm not having a problem capturing quality video, I'm having a problem uploading more than 10 minute clips to YT.  It seems that no matter what, when I export the clip it loses quality or is WAYYY too large of a file for youtube.  

I really just want to know how to export clips WITHOUT losing ANY quality, so that I can upload 15 minute clips to YT.

Uploading straight from the software is working great, and I lose no quality, HOWEVER, three videos for a 10 round fight IS NOT what I want to have to do. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

-ETA-
Also, I'm capturing in AVI because I heard that gives you the best quality.

yes, AVI does give you best quality but the files are very large.  YouTube changes the format to what they use.   Have you looked at the help files on You Tube.  Check to see if there is an or in what you can upload   It may be time or file size related.

From You Tube " smaller than 2GB in size, in an acceptable file format, and less than 15 minutes unless you have permission to upload videos of unlimited duration.  How large are the files you are trying to upload? Did you read this? or this about advanced upload?

Actually your best bet is to contact You Tube for help since that is where you are having issues.  It is not a Roxio issue.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#9 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

View Postsknis, on 07 April 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

Only if ROXIO uses "alien technology". I said is work for any capture program. Keep in mind it if uses Windows Drivers, works with any capture program.

And not. I donīt download this program via Torrent. I waiting for my RGC hardware only, not software because its a very limited for my capture videos.

So far I donīt have any information about the RGC, but since it does not use "alien technology", I can say the usage is equal to any PCI/PCI-e/USB Capture Card 480p.

Wise words: A grain of salt (me) weighs more than a grain of...nothing answers(you)... Correct?  :D

JRed my YT account can send 1h30 per video. Most of my videos (95%) are HDTV-720p. Boost you send videos and wait to be promoted.

Claudio

#10 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

View PostCauptain, on 07 April 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

Only if ROXIO uses "alien technology". I said is work for any capture program. Keep in mind it if uses Windows Drivers, works with any capture program.

And not. I donīt download this program via Torrent. I waiting for my RGC hardware only, not software because its a very limited for my capture videos.

So far I donīt have any information about the RGC, but since it does not use "alien technology", I can say the usage is equal to any PCI/PCI-e/USB Capture Card 480p.

Wise words: A grain of salt (me) weighs more than a grain of...nothing answers(you)... Correct?  :D

JRed my YT account can send 1h30 per video. Most of my videos (95%) are HDTV-720p. Boost you send videos and wait to be promoted.

Claudio

Ah, you are assuming that it uses the Windows built in drivers for the video capture device.  I don't have it but there are specific drivers for the device that must be loaded once the connections are made.  The rpoper codecs are part of that driver set up.

Read or watch the videos before you give opinions on the program and capture device, other codecs, etc.

I'm not an expert on You Tube but all you said was that you could do it.  Please tell the OP how you get 1 hours and 30 minutes on one video.  The ones you have are pretty short.  Please let us see one of the longer ones.
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#11 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

View Postsknis, on 07 April 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

Ah, you are assuming that it uses the Windows built in drivers for the video capture device.  I don't have it but there are specific drivers for the device that must be loaded once the connections are made.  The rpoper codecs are part of that driver set up.

Read or watch the videos before you give opinions on the program and capture device, other codecs, etc.

I'm not an expert on You Tube but all you said was that you could do it.  Please tell the OP how you get 1 hours and 30 minutes on one video.  The ones you have are pretty short.  Please let us see one of the longer ones.

No problem sknis (I deleted all my videos in SD [longer included], but I'll upload one just for you)

In 2 hours return this topic for see ok?

Posted Image

#12 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

As promised:

Your video, Test video.avi may contain content that is owned or managed by these entities: lionsgate.  As a result, your video is blocked in these regions: American Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States Virgin Islands

Use any proxy website for look 1h18m in my account.

Posted Image  

PS: I will remove tomorrow, because not want hurt my account

Claudio

Edited by Cauptain, 07 April 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,439 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

View PostCauptain, on 07 April 2011 - 04:41 PM, said:

As promised:

Use any proxy website for look 1h18m in my account.

PS: I will remove tomorrow, because not want hurt my account

Claudio

Have you read the fine print?

C.jpg
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#14 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 07 April 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Have you read the fine print?

Hello cdanteek,

Are you read my post? I just say about it  in quote...

Use proxy site and ready. Simple.

My YT account Have upload videos "2hours" I
believe.

#15 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

Closing offtopic conversation guys.

JRed If you want to upload to YT with great quality, I suggest using the RIPBOT264 with above configs.

Upload only YT site (more guaranteed.)

If you want to be "Partner YT uploader" send many videos in HD (720p) only.

Any question offtopic will be ignored by me.

Claudio

#16 JRed

JRed

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

Okay guys, I really appreciate the feedback.  

Now, maybe I'm not knowledgeable enough to explain my exact problem?  You see, you tube is not my problem; at all. I have no problem meeting the 2GB and 15 minute upload time.  

My problem is this: I can capture video with no problem. I play in hd, but it only captures in 480P. Which is fine by me.  I would love to have hd, but I knew that wasn't happening when I bought this software/hardware. My problem comes when I go to edit and share.  

I've been capturing around 2 hours at a time in avi.  Now, an average fight for FNC takes about 20-30 minutes REAL TIME.  So when I go to make two 10-15 minutes clips and export, I'm losing video quality. I believe it's because the video is being compressed?  I don't know.  I just want to be able to make 10-15 minute clips from my 2 hrs of cap video, then upload directly to YT. When I upload to YT using the Roxio software, IT ONLY ALLOWS 10 MINUTE CLIPS.  When I've uploaded straight from the roxio software, the quality on youtube is fine.  But anytime I export the video into 15 minute clips, I either lose video quality or it takes upwards of 180+ minutes to upload a video.  Not cool.

Again, thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate the help.

And Claudio; I really do not want to download any torrent software or pirated software or whatever.  I would like to stick with freeware if possible.

#17 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

View PostJRed, on 07 April 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Okay guys, I really appreciate the feedback.  

Now, maybe I'm not knowledgeable enough to explain my exact problem?  You see, you tube is not my problem; at all. I have no problem meeting the 2GB and 15 minute upload time.  

My problem is this: I can capture video with no problem. I play in hd, but it only captures in 480P. Which is fine by me.  I would love to have hd, but I knew that wasn't happening when I bought this software/hardware. My problem comes when I go to edit and share.  

I've been capturing around 2 hours at a time in avi.  Now, an average fight for FNC takes about 20-30 minutes REAL TIME.  So when I go to make two 10-15 minutes clips and export, I'm losing video quality. I believe it's because the video is being compressed?  I don't know.  I just want to be able to make 10-15 minute clips from my 2 hrs of cap video, then upload directly to YT. When I upload to YT using the Roxio software, IT ONLY ALLOWS 10 MINUTE CLIPS.  When I've uploaded straight from the roxio software, the quality on youtube is fine.  But anytime I export the video into 15 minute clips, I either lose video quality or it takes upwards of 180+ minutes to upload a video.  Not cool.

Again, thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate the help.

And Claudio; I really do not want to download any torrent software or pirated software or whatever.  I would like to stick with freeware if possible.

Jred,

All software I use are freeware, I do not use any pirated software. Skins said that.

RIPBOT264 Freeware, Virtualdub Freeware, Avisynth Freeware, Ut Video Codec Freeware, VH Capture Freeware...Only FREEWARE tools.

For BEST quality on YOUTUBE encode using RIPBOT264...Remember RIPBOT264 for HIGH QUALITY videos only.

#18 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

I removed the 1h YT video because infringe the rules in some countries.

Any questions about this, reply for PM only.

Claudio

#19 JRed

JRed

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:45 PM

View PostCauptain, on 07 April 2011 - 07:16 PM, said:

Jred,

For BEST quality on YOUTUBE encode using RIPBOT264...Remember RIPBOT264 for HIGH QUALITY videos only.

Does it matter that my video capture hardware is only capturing in 480P?

#20 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:47 AM

View PostJRed, on 07 April 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

Does it matter that my video capture hardware is only capturing in 480P?

Have you set it that way or is that all you can get from your game console and TV?

To summarize the issue.  You can capture your fights which last about 25 minutes.  You can use Video Wave to cut them in two, delete the second half and when you upload to YouTube it will only take 10 minutes of the approximately 15 minute video. The upload from Video Wave works OK and the video is of acceptable quality.
Is that correct.

When you try to upload a video file, are you getting any kind of an error message or does it just stop? Does it upload but then you can see only 10 minutes of the 15 minutes.  How are you determining the size (mb) of the video file?

Do you have a internet provider who is throttling your service at certain times of the day?  Have you tried to upload to YouTube very early or very late where their site is not as busy.

I will have to defer to some other user/poster (not Cauptain) to see if someone else is have a problem uploading a 15 minute video direct from the Video Wave program.  I'll see if I can get someone from Roxio aware of the issue.

My recommendation would be to output each half of the video to a format that YouTube accepts and upload using the YouTube uploader until this is figured out or until another poster indicates that it works for him.  Thanks for your patience.

Edited by sknis, 08 April 2011 - 04:51 AM.

PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users