• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Terry232

Terry232

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:37 AM

I have a problem similar to the one described on another post of the same title from SandyJ22.  I have followed all of the "getting ready" steps (including getting updated drivers); have remove all of the potentially offensive old software;have done a registry clean-up and compress;  have done an install with all start-up items turned off and all but Microsoft's services turned off (using msconfig); have shut down my antivirus; and have installed only the program (from a re-download in case of an initial download error).

What I get is the Roxio logo followed by a window with a non-filled in Roxio box in the left corner and 3 enterable frames - one large one over 2 side-by side smaller ones.  I have to use task manager and cancel the service to make the logo and window go away.  What I'm wondering is whether this is a registration window or a "give me your name for the registry" thing.  I have gotten to this point each of the 3 times I have installed - I have never entered any data in the frames as I don't know what it wants.

Attached File  startup.jpg   34.95K   7 downloads

I am running a Dell Studio 540S Intel Core Quad Q8300 2.5GHz ; Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit ; 6 GB ram ; Intel video

I have attached a screen print of the logo and window.

Can anyone tell me what to do to get past the window and into the software?

Thanks,
Terry232

(edit: to make pic viewable)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 19 April 2011 - 01:50 AM.

#3 Terry232

Terry232

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Best Answer

View Postsknis, on 18 April 2011 - 08:38 AM, said:

This answer was stolen from a Roxio employee.  Try it.

That looks like a server issue with the registration page. Try disconnecting the Internet and launching Roxio. You should get an option to not show registration again.  It also could be your AV blocking outside access to Roxio webpages.

If that doesn't work, search this site for that error and you will find some useful responses.

Taking it offline did n ot work.  I searched for "registration" and found a post that said to run setup with a command line parameter to resolve the problem. An un-install had to be run before trying this.  The command is:

<drive>:\folder\setup.exe SAR_REGSUPPORT=0

This did resolve the problem.  Thanks for the help.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,538 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

View PostTerry232, on 18 April 2011 - 06:37 AM, said:

I have a problem similar to the one described on another post of the same title from SandyJ22.  I have followed all of the "getting ready" steps (including getting updated drivers); have remove all of the potentially offensive old software;have done a registry clean-up and compress;  have done an install with all start-up items turned off and all but Microsoft's services turned off (using msconfig); have shut down my antivirus; and have installed only the program (from a re-download in case of an initial download error).

What I get is the Roxio logo followed by a window with a non-filled in Roxio box in the left corner and 3 enterable frames - one large one over 2 side-by side smaller ones.  I have to use task manager and cancel the service to make the logo and window go away.  What I'm wondering is whether this is a registration window or a "give me your name for the registry" thing.  I have gotten to this point each of the 3 times I have installed - I have never entered any data in the frames as I don't know what it wants.

I am running a Dell Studio 540S Intel Core Quad Q8300 2.5GHz ; Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit ; 6 GB ram ; Intel video

I have attached a screen print of the logo and window.

Can anyone tell me what to do to get past the window and into the software?

Thanks,
Terry232

This answer was stolen from a Roxio employee.  Try it.

That looks like a server issue with the registration page. Try disconnecting the Internet and launching Roxio. You should get an option to not show registration again.  It also could be your AV blocking outside access to Roxio webpages.

If that doesn't work, search this site for that error and you will find some useful responses.

Edited by sknis, 18 April 2011 - 08:40 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,538 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

Thanks for letting us know.  Posted Image
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users