• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sscopp

sscopp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

have mydvd10 premier on windows 7 home. anyone know why the 8.5gb disc/project size at the bottom is disabled? i can only choose 1.4 or 4.7gb. this really stinks because i cannot create larger projects to burn to dual layer discs. have had a roxio support ticket open for a year and i'm convinced the supprt staff does not know their own products. and i agree with evryone else who has posted for different problems...the roxio online "updates" do not work, unless removing all the editing apps and utilities is what you want to do!!! can any master guru please help???
  • martialartjesse likes this

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

have mydvd10 premier on windows 7 home. anyone know why the 8.5gb disc/project size at the bottom is disabled? i can only choose 1.4 or 4.7gb. this really stinks because i cannot create larger projects to burn to dual layer discs. have had a roxio support ticket open for a year and i'm convinced the supprt staff does not know their own products. and i agree with evryone else who has posted for different problems...the roxio online "updates" do not work, unless removing all the editing apps and utilities is what you want to do!!! can any master guru please help???

Open Device manager expand the + next to DVD/CD-Rom drives.

Post the text exactly what it shows for your burner/burners or post a screen shot like below.

DeviceManagerDrives.jpg

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 martialartjesse

martialartjesse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

I am having the same issue exactly. My burner is def. dual layer and I have an 8.5 disc inserted. It shows the proper disc size in roxio home but when I go to my dvd it only lets me select the smaller sizes. here is the screen shot you requested:

#4 martialartjesse

martialartjesse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

I included the screenshot of the device manager as an attachment, but don't know how to post it like you did guru.

Edited by martialartjesse, 25 April 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

I included the screenshot of the device manager as an attachment, but don't know how to post it like you did guru.

Inserting Images On This Forum

http://forums.suppor...post__p__334453

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#6 sscopp

sscopp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:29 AM

guru,

i can send a screen shot when i get home, but i do have the model/driver info from dxdiag if that's all you wanted:
Drive: E:
Model: hp DVD A DH16AAL SCSI CdRom Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385

roxio support suggested "drive recognition" issues known with this model, but hp said that is nonsense, and i had up to date driver. what else do you need.

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

guru,

i can send a screen shot when i get home, but i do have the model/driver info from dxdiag if that's all you wanted:
Drive: E:
Model: hp DVD A DH16AAL SCSI CdRom Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385

roxio support suggested "drive recognition" issues known with this model, but hp said that is nonsense, and i had up to date driver. what else do you need.

I want to see the screen shot from device manager.

cd

Spoiler

#8 sscopp

sscopp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:56 AM

attached is a control panel screenshot showing the drive and properties. remember i have windows 7...thanks for any help.

Attached Images

• device manager2.jpg

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:59 AM

attached is a control panel screenshot showing the drive and properties. remember i have windows 7...thanks for any help.

When you look up your PC on the HP website what documentation can you find on the drive?

Is it a DVD player / burner?

It calls its self a CD-Rom Drive!

cd

Spoiler

#10 sscopp

sscopp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:51 PM

When you look up your PC on the HP website what documentation can you find on the drive?

Is it a DVD player / burner?

It calls its self a CD-Rom Drive!

It is a DVD burner. I have burned/copied countless DVD movies with it. Isn't "CD-ROM Drive" just a general term for "disc drive?"

Any ideas on the problem?

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

It is a DVD burner. I have burned/copied countless DVD movies with it. Isn't "CD-ROM Drive" just a general term for "disc drive?"

Any ideas on the problem?

It is a odd ball HP OEM only drive!

No, mine aren't called CD-Rom Drive!

cd

Spoiler

#12 bcrandco

bcrandco

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

I know this thread is ancient, but I came here for exactly this problem and happened upon the solution by chance - for me, at least. I could not access the 8.5 option with my mouse, only 1.4 aND 4.7. However, I could access it with the cursor on my keyboard and then hitting enter. This was true for 2 other laptopns I have, all with WIN 7 64-bit and MyDVD 10. It was the same for selecting between DVD DL +R and -R on the image file options when preparing to "burn" an image (rendering) Once the selection was made via the keyboard, everything functioned as it should. Hope this helps someone else.

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

I have no idea what you mean by MyDVD 10 so your post is not as helpful as you might think.

Guessing here if this is what your talking about 'MyDVD Video Lab 10 [Old Version]' it is only compatible with XP and Vista not W-7!

That may be the problem? ;)

cd

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users