LindaOz

Bootable CD

I am trying to make a Bootable CD and am not sure about "Emulation Option".

I can generate an image from a floppy or use an existing image file.... This is a bit over my head.

It wants me to go to the A Drive and put in a floppy. For the floppy I have two diskettes that say Dell Hard Drive installation. Do I use that? Which I don't think is right.... or.......

Should I use an existing image file, and what would that be. I am assuming it would be my Windows XP Pro.

Like I said I am a bit over my head. Thanks.

Altho I've never made a bootable CD (the only one I have came with the WinXP computer), I see two terms in your post that make me a bit leery, in view of the fact this is ECDC 5 (basicly, a 1999 program).

The first is "WinXP" and the second is "Dell". You might check with Dell as to what advice they may have.

In addition, I believe I've seen this web page referred to on the subject -

http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/

Lynn

I am trying to make a Bootable CD and am not sure about "Emulation Option".

Hi Linda,

In emulation mode a bootable CD behaves as if you're booting from a floppy disk with CD drivers enabled, so the program wants an image of a bootable floppy disk.

You can get bootable disk images of all sorts from here (click on this link), and that page Lynn refers to should help from there.

Hi Linda,

In emulation mode a bootable CD behaves as if you're booting from a floppy disk with CD drivers enabled, so the program wants an image of a bootable floppy disk.

You can get bootable disk images of all sorts from here (click on this link), and that page Lynn refers to should help from there.