Sign in to follow this  
Morris65

Burning 3D Discs In 16X9 Format

Question

Have been using Roxio Creator 2011 Pro to burn 3D movies. Have been limited to 8.5GB discs but should be receiving a Samsung drive that will burn 25GB BD-R discs. My question (problem) is how do/can you burn in 16x9 (widescreen/letterbox) format. I've had no problem burning in 4x3 format (AVCHD)side by side but I'd be most appreciative if anyone can clue me as to what needs to be done to achieve the wide format.

3 answers to this question

Have been using Roxio Creator 2011 Pro to burn 3D movies. Have been limited to 8.5GB discs but should be receiving a Samsung drive that will burn 25GB BD-R discs. My question (problem) is how do/can you burn in 16x9 (widescreen/letterbox) format. I've had no problem burning in 4x3 format (AVCHD)side by side but I'd be most appreciative if anyone can clue me as to what needs to be done to achieve the wide format.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you want to do, the program does not allow you to make 3D Blu-ray discs. You can make 3D as AVCHD or standard DVD.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you want to do, the program does not allow you to make 3D Blu-ray discs. You can make 3D as AVCHD or standard DVD.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I am making 3D (either standard or AVCHD). Just want to know how I can get the movies to appear in the the widescreen format (9x16) rather than 4x3.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I am making 3D (either standard or AVCHD). Just want to know how I can get the movies to appear in the the widescreen format (9x16) rather than 4x3.

What video format are you starting with? Are they 3D format like side by side? If so, you are dealing with half frames. There are several posts in the 3D section addressing it. I'm moving this post to that section.

What did you even bring up a new blu-ray burner?