sknis

Downloading Mp4 File

Question

This used to work but I'm having problems with it. I have contacted PhotoShow and they are checking it out. They indicate that they don't seem to have other trouble tickets with the mp4 download. I'd like to give them more information if you have the problem then it is not just me.

This would be an issue only during the last month or so.

12 answers to this question

This used to work but I'm having problems with it. I have contacted PhotoShow and they are checking it out. They indicate that they don't seem to have other trouble tickets with the mp4 download. I'd like to give them more information if you have the problem then it is not just me.

This would be an issue only during the last month or so.

I tried the other day and mozilla kept timing out, so I gave up. I just now tried and the window came up that said it would take a while but the next window that usually comes up didn't so I am not sure if it went through or not. I will let you know if I get one back.

I tried the other day and mozilla kept timing out, so I gave up. I just now tried and the window came up that said it would take a while but the next window that usually comes up didn't so I am not sure if it went through or not. I will let you know if I get one back.

I tried to create a simple, short (3 or 4 minutes) mp4 and after 3 hours: nothing. No e-mail or any indication that anything is happening. I don't remember it taking that long on previous attempts.

MP4 files that I created several months ago, I can download without any problem.

They indicate that they don't seem to have other trouble tickets with the mp4 download.

Help Ticket History 1185829 Open 3/8/2011, mp4 download I get a 13mb file that is only the audio no video..

Thanks, I talked to them and created a ticked before I posted. I will update that ticked with your information.

Thanks, I talked to them and created a ticked before I posted. I will update that ticked with your information.

Unless your the great communicator they still can't comprehend after two months what my problem is.. They all think I have trouble watching it, it views fine on the photo show website. Yesterday after a agents response I asked to download it again, I got the "it may take awhile" but haven't received a email that it's ready for download and it's been 18 hours.

For a 10 minute video, I get the message that it may take several hours. I cancelled the conversion, so I don't know if I would have received an e-mail, or not. I suspect not.

I started creating an MP4 download, right after I posted, here. 4 hours later, and no e-mail notification, yet.

Edited by grandpabruce

Five hours later, and the MP4 movie was ready for downloading. Downloaded size is 13 mb, sound, but no video. Same as cdanteek.

Five hours later, and the MP4 movie was ready for downloading. Downloaded size is 13 mb, sound, but no video. Same as cdanteek.

Got my downloads after 16 hours. One file had the sound and video and the other had only sound no video

16 hours to encode a 3 minute clip is ridiculous

Edited by myguggi

Got my downloads after 16 hours. One file had the sound and video and the other had only sound no video

16 hours to encode a 3 minute clip is ridiculous

It's beyond ridiculous. It's broken.

Got my download, I didn't get it until this morning, so that seems like a pretty long time. I would have to go back and see what time I posted here to see how long it took. :blink: I posted at 6. p.m. so that is over 14 hours. :glare:

Edited by Patty

Did you notice that the downloads are from an Amazon server? Was it working well at the time?

Did you notice that the downloads are from an Amazon server? Was it working well at the time?

Amazon's server was overloaded yesterday. from other sites using the shared excess bandwidth. There was a news article about what happened.

Unfortunately, the overload was not the problem. The d-amn thing is broken, plain and simple, and going back to the timing of cdanteek's problem, there has been ample time to fix it!