Jump to content

Roxio Community

Did I Do Something Wrong?


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

I'm new at trying to use the 3-D image process, so I may be doing something wrong.

> I imported a left and right image into the program (the images were shot by moving the camera slightly to the right for the second picture).

> I did not need to do any image adjustments.

> I saved the attached image as a JPEG. (I can't add the original photo because it's too large (2.69Mb) but the actual color of the flower is
different shades of orange)

The saved image was 'green' with some orange in it and when viewed through the 3-D Anaglyph glasses that came with my Creator 2011 program, the picture was all green. Is this normal and a limitation of the program, or did I do something wrong?

I decided to save the picture (knowing that I couldn't view it as 3-D - just as a test) as both 'side by side' and 'top - bottom' and the saved images were the correct color.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

#2 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:56 AM

View PostGrayghost, on 07 May 2011 - 04:39 AM, said:

I'm new at trying to use the 3-D image process, so I may be doing something wrong.

> I imported a left and right image into the program (the images were shot by moving the camera slightly to the right for the second picture).

> I did not need to do any image adjustments.

> I saved the attached image as a JPEG. (I can't add the original photo because it's too large (2.69Mb) but the actual color of the flower is
different shades of orange)

The saved image was 'green' with some orange in it and when viewed through the 3-D Anaglyph glasses that came with my Creator 2011 program, the picture was all green. Is this normal and a limitation of the program, or did I do something wrong?

I decided to save the picture (knowing that I couldn't view it as 3-D - just as a test) as both 'side by side' and 'top - bottom' and the saved images were the correct color.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Those are red and blue color filters in the 3D glasses.  You always lose some of the color.  Of course, we can't tell if the amount you lose is normal because we can't see the image.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

I attached (or thought I did) the photo in question when I wrote the post. I thought something was wrong when I sent the post, so I'm going to try attaching the photo again..... hope this works this time. I'm clicking on the box that says, "Click To Add Files" and then selecting the photo I want from it's location. I then see a progress bar that indicates that the photo is loading, but I don't see anyplace that indicates that it's been added. I just previewed this post and I don't see the attachment. Again.... am I doing something wrong?

#4 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,883 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

View PostGrayghost, on 07 May 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

I attached (or thought I did) the photo in question when I wrote the post. I thought something was wrong when I sent the post, so I'm going to try attaching the photo again..... hope this works this time. I'm clicking on the box that says, "Click To Add Files" and then selecting the photo I want from it's location. I then see a progress bar that indicates that the photo is loading, but I don't see anyplace that indicates that it's been added. I just previewed this post and I don't see the attachment. Again.... am I doing something wrong?

You also have to click "Add to Post" that appears where you saw the progress bar.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#5 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

Something must not be working correctly with my program because I just tried to add the photo again and after the progress bar fills in, there's nothing there to click on to 'add to the post', just the filled in progress bar. On the left side of the progress bar under 'attachments', it shows the photo number and says "uploaded 1.17Mb" with two arrows spinning in a circle. Should those spinning arrows remain when the progress bar is full?

Not that this has anything to do with this subject, but I've had trouble (and have been working with support) trying to get my Roxio Streamer to work. This makes me think there is actually something wrong with this program.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,105 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:46 AM

We are all having trouble with that... We have notified the Board but nothing yet :(

For now, keep the size down to 600 MB or less and it should fly ;)
Posted Image

#7 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the info. that I'm not the only one having an issue with the Streamer. I'd love to be able to keep things under 600MBs, but I can't even do 1MB. I can't login, but that's for a different topic.

Now, if I can get the problem fixed with being able to attach a photo so I can get my original post problem solved, I'd be a happy camper! I'd like to be able to see my 3-D photo(s) in their actual colors and not just green. It's amazing, we can put people on the moon and Rovers on Mars, but can't use a cell phone everywhere in the country, or computers (and programs) that work right out of the box..... go figure. :angry:

#8 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,883 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

View PostGrayghost, on 11 May 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

Thanks for the info. that I'm not the only one having an issue with the Streamer. I'd love to be able to keep things under 600MBs, but I can't even do 1MB. I can't login, but that's for a different topic.

Now, if I can get the problem fixed with being able to attach a photo so I can get my original post problem solved, I'd be a happy camper! I'd like to be able to see my 3-D photo(s) in their actual colors and not just green. It's amazing, we can put people on the moon and Rovers on Mars, but can't use a cell phone everywhere in the country, or computers (and programs) that work right out of the box..... go figure. :angry:

You keep mentioning "Streamer". What does that have to do with adding attachments to posts?

Jim's post referred to the problem of attaching photos not to the Streamer program.

It is a good thing you can't use a cell phone everywhere:) and there is really nothing amazing about that.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,105 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:03 AM

View PostGrayghost, on 11 May 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

Thanks for the info. that I'm not the only one having an issue with the Streamer. I'd love to be able to keep things under 600MBs, but I can't even do 1MB. I can't login, but that's for a different topic.

Now, if I can get the problem fixed with being able to attach a photo so I can get my original post problem solved, I'd be a happy camper! I'd like to be able to see my 3-D photo(s) in their actual colors and not just green. It's amazing, we can put people on the moon and Rovers on Mars, but can't use a cell phone everywhere in the country, or computers (and programs) that work right out of the box..... go figure. :angry:
Reality is what It is, not what you want it to be… :lol:

When you use Color Filters, you lose those colors… ‘Reality’ is, we can stand on the Moon but we can’t stand on the Sun no matter how much you might want to ;)

This is how Anaglyph works!

Normal:

Attached File  VW Preview - Left Eye.jpg   203.9K   1 downloads


Anaglyph::


Attached File  VW Preview - Normal.jpg   215.4K   1 downloads


You want colors? Your going to have to spend some money and buy 3D Players, TV’s and their special glasses

Then you can compile in RealID and the colors come through.
Posted Image

#10 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

The original post was for trying to find out why my 3-D photos were being saved as just 'green'. I wanted to attach one of them so someone could see what was happening and then found out I was having a problem attaching the photo. At that point I mentioned that there must be something wrong with my program because I wasn't seeing the "Add To Post" button I was told I needed to click on. I then mentioned that I was having an issue with my 'Streamer' program (and that I was working with support on), which was leading me to believe that there was really somethng wrong with my Roxio Creator 2011 program in general. That's how the Streamer issue got into the conversation but wasn't something I was trying to work on in this forum.... it was just mentioned in passing.

#11 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

What version of Creator are you using? I opened a new VideoWave project and inserted a picture, but my program doesn't look like yours. I noticed the word 3-D at the right edge of your tool bar, which I don't have. I also don't have the 'auto color' button or the 3-D preview drop down box.

So I guess what you're telling me is that when I put my glasses on (the ones that came with my program), all I'm going to see is a 3-D picture, but without color and all of my pictures will be green in both 2-D and 3-D?

Reality.... what's that?!  ;)

#12 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,883 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

View PostGrayghost, on 13 May 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

The original post was for trying to find out why my 3-D photos were being saved as just 'green'. I wanted to attach one of them so someone could see what was happening and then found out I was having a problem attaching the photo. At that point I mentioned that there must be something wrong with my program because I wasn't seeing the "Add To Post" button I was told I needed to click on. I then mentioned that I was having an issue with my 'Streamer' program (and that I was working with support on), which was leading me to believe that there was really somethng wrong with my Roxio Creator 2011 program in general. That's how the Streamer issue got into the conversation but wasn't something I was trying to work on in this forum.... it was just mentioned in passing.

I repeat: posting in this forum (attaching photos etc,) and Roxio Creator 2011 have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Why even mention Streamer if  it has nothing to do with your problem in this thread? It just confuses the issue.

BTW, if you want to reply to a previous post, simply click the Reply icon and then type your text after the quoted text. Orphaned posts will be deleted since they clutter up the forum.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#13 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,105 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:16 AM

View PostGrayghost, on 13 May 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

The original post was for trying to find out why my 3-D photos were being saved as just 'green'. I wanted to attach one of them so someone could see what was happening and then found out I was having a problem attaching the photo. At that point I mentioned that there must be something wrong with my program because I wasn't seeing the "Add To Post" button I was told I needed to click on. I then mentioned that I was having an issue with my 'Streamer' program (and that I was working with support on), which was leading me to believe that there was really somethng wrong with my Roxio Creator 2011 program in general. That's how the Streamer issue got into the conversation but wasn't something I was trying to work on in this forum.... it was just mentioned in passing.

HERE is a link to a Step by Step post, w/pictures on attaching pictures to a post on Roxio. Please do that.

View PostGrayghost, on 13 May 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

What version of Creator are you using? I opened a new VideoWave project and inserted a picture, but my program doesn't look like yours. I noticed the word 3-D at the right edge of your tool bar, which I don't have. I also don't have the 'auto color' button or the 3-D preview drop down box.

So I guess what you're telling me is that when I put my glasses on (the ones that came with my program), all I'm going to see is a 3-D picture, but without color and all of my pictures will be green in both 2-D and 3-D?

Reality.... what's that?!  ;)

NO!

You have to START with a 3D project in VW... Isn't that what you do?

Attached File  VideoWave - File New Production.jpg   50.74K   0 downloads

Post you screen caps and we will wade though all of this again.

Can’t guarantee it will be everything you wanted, but we will do our best to help you get the most from your programs  ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 14 May 2011 - 03:17 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 13 May 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

I repeat: posting in this forum (attaching photos etc,) and Roxio Creator 2011 have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Why even mention Streamer if  it has nothing to do with your problem in this thread? It just confuses the issue.

BTW, if you want to reply to a previous post, simply click the Reply icon and then type your text after the quoted text. Orphaned posts will be deleted since they clutter up the forum.
I didn't realize that just mentioning something (and not asking for an answer to that issue in this forum) would be confusing...... sorry for the oops!

Hope this reply sends correctly, if it does, thanks for the info., ..... I thought something was odd when I posted replies and they didn't show up the same as the rest of the forum replies.

#15 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 14 May 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

HERE is a link to a Step by Step post, w/pictures on attaching pictures to a post on Roxio. Please do that.



NO!

You have to START with a 3D project in VW... Isn't that what you do?

Attachment VideoWave - File New Production.jpg

Post you screen caps and we will wade though all of this again.

Can’t guarantee it will be everything you wanted, but we will do our best to help you get the most from your programs  ;)

Thanks for the info. leading to the 'Widescreen 3-D' option.... and yes, I want to create a VideoWave slideshow of 3-D pictures. I used the "Create 3-D photo's" feature to create the 3-D photo.

Now I'll try to attach my photo again:
I followed steps 1-3. When step 4's screen appears, I put the cursor where I want the picture inserted and then click 'Attach This File', then the 'Browse and Clear Selection' buttons and the 'browse window' disappear and I get no "add to post/delete" option or the photo on the left as step 4 shows, but the "Attach This File" button remains...

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,105 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

I just tested it, works as indicated :huh:

Open 2 Browsers so you can have the instructions and work side by side at the time ;)

One other version of this was posted, take a look at that one too ~ HERE

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 15 May 2011 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image

#17 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,883 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

View PostGrayghost, on 15 May 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

Thanks for the info. leading to the 'Widescreen 3-D' option.... and yes, I want to create a VideoWave slideshow of 3-D pictures. I used the "Create 3-D photo's" feature to create the 3-D photo.

Now I'll try to attach my photo again:
I followed steps 1-3. When step 4's screen appears, I put the cursor where I want the picture inserted and then click 'Attach This File', then the 'Browse and Clear Selection' buttons and the 'browse window' disappear and I get no "add to post/delete" option or the photo on the left as step 4 shows, but the "Attach This File" button remains...


How big is the photo file you are trying to attach?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#18 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 15 May 2011 - 09:11 AM, said:

How big is the photo file you are trying to attach?
The picture I'm trying to attach is only 1.17MB.

#19 Grayghost

Grayghost

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 15 May 2011 - 08:34 AM, said:

I just tested it, works as indicated :huh:

Open 2 Browsers so you can have the instructions and work side by side at the time ;)

One other version of this was posted, take a look at that one too ~ HERE
I have just tried 3 times to attach the photo and can't. I'm not doubting the steps in the link you gave me for attaching a photo, I believe there's something wrong with my program. Everything is normal up to step #4. When I click "Attach This File", I get a small green 'progress' that runs at the bottom of the screen. When it completes, I lose the browser 'drop-down' window and both the 'Browse and Clear' buttons and I do not get the 'Add To Post/Delete' option button.

I didn't try the URL thing yet, but I have posted a couple of attachments in the past using the same methods I'm trying to use now, so the program has worked.

I looked at the other post you suggested regarding the 'screenshots'. As a test, I took a 'snippet' (50.0kb and saved it as a JPEG like the photo I'm trying to attach) and then tried to attach it..... that worked! I then went into the properties of the photo I can't attach to be sure the photo wasn't larger than allowed..... and it's smaller than the 2MB single file size (it's 1.17MB). I tried to attach several different photos, (other than the original 3-D photo) of different sizes, 1.50MB and smaller without success.

#20 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,883 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

View PostGrayghost, on 16 May 2011 - 02:21 PM, said:

I have just tried 3 times to attach the photo and can't. I'm not doubting the steps in the link you gave me for attaching a photo, I believe there's something wrong with my program. Everything is normal up to step #4. When I click "Attach This File", I get a small green 'progress' that runs at the bottom of the screen. When it completes, I lose the browser 'drop-down' window and both the 'Browse and Clear' buttons and I do not get the 'Add To Post/Delete' option button.

I didn't try the URL thing yet, but I have posted a couple of attachments in the past using the same methods I'm trying to use now, so the program has worked.

I looked at the other post you suggested regarding the 'screenshots'. As a test, I took a 'snippet' (50.0kb and saved it as a JPEG like the photo I'm trying to attach) and then tried to attach it..... that worked! I then went into the properties of the photo I can't attach to be sure the photo wasn't larger than allowed..... and it's smaller than the 2MB single file size (it's 1.17MB). I tried to attach several different photos, (other than the original 3-D photo) of different sizes, 1.50MB and smaller without success.

Reduce the 1.17MB file to under 500Kb and try that.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users