10 replies to this topic

#1 James Ireland

James Ireland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hi There,

I am hoping you can help as i've just spent 70+ on this and haven't been able to use it thus far. I installed the Game Capture peripheral from Roxio today and have it set up running an Xbox 360 on 1080i as requested in the tutorial video. I have followed the installation process like a textbook. Whenever I load up the capture software I get the following error message "Unknown Capture Error"

Posted Image

I have uninstalled the software and re-installed several times this evening but still no joy. I have also tried several different USB ports and still no luck. My PC specifications are the following:

4 Gig of RAM
64 Bit Windows 7
Pentium Dual Core @ 260 Ghz
5.9 Windows Experience Index

When i look in my USB area within device manager it looks like the following - I also checked the safely remove hardware and eject hardware section and can see that the Roxio Game Capture has installed correctly according to Windows.

Posted Image

I am at a total loss at what to do next really. I am currently uninstalling my Anti-Virus in a last ditch effort that it maybe causing a problem for it but I highly doubt it. It's also worth noting that when the error is closed it states no signal in the area a signal should be reflected. Please can i get some help on this!

#2 James Ireland

James Ireland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

Update: Uninstalling Anti-Virus didn't achieve anything.

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:41 AM

What do you show under sound, video and game controllers.  The capture device should be listed twice.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 James Ireland

James Ireland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

It does appear indeed it is listed twice.

Posted Image

Please advise!

#5 James Ireland

James Ireland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

Okay this is getting even stranger now!

Roxio Game Capture software doesn't pick up the device - neither does Windows Movie Maker. However, YouTube's webcam upload when I change the source does!

Posted Image

#6 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

View PostJames Ireland, on 12 May 2011 - 12:02 PM, said:

Okay this is getting even stranger now!

Roxio Game Capture software doesn't pick up the device - neither does Windows Movie Maker. However, YouTube's webcam upload when I change the source does!

Posted Image

I know what is your problem.

Oddly on my friend's house, programs such as Power Director 9 (64bit) and Virtualdub (64bit) worked perfect, but any 32bit versions of  programs not working, including Power Director 8, Virtualdub and RGC software (it is both 32bit).

This problem is VFW/WDM connect filter.

Reinstall OS and everything will work.

To be sure, try the 64 bit version of Virtualdub, it will work perfectly.

Claudio
My specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1, Core I5@4ghz, 16 GB Memory, HD 6 TB, CrossfireX 6850 XFX, Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe, AverTV HD DVR, Mygica X5807, Roxio GC
........................................................................Cauptain Youtube Channel - Consoles HD..................................................................
_____________________________________________________________________________________

#7 onekolcj

onekolcj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

I"m having the same exact problem.  Windows 7 64bit quad core 4gig of ram.  I just reloaded my OS about a month ago.  Are you saying that I would have to reinstall my OS in order to get the Roxio Game Capture to work?  Can't their be another way instead of reloading the entire OS?  I'm at a lost and really thought this would be a good product to use and capture 480, yet pass through 1080i.

Please advise Cauptain!

View PostCauptain, on 26 May 2011 - 07:36 PM, said:

I know what is your problem.

Oddly on my friend's house, programs such as Power Director 9 (64bit) and Virtualdub (64bit) worked perfect, but any 32bit versions of  programs not working, including Power Director 8, Virtualdub and RGC software (it is both 32bit).

This problem is VFW/WDM connect filter.

Reinstall OS and everything will work.

To be sure, try the 64 bit version of Virtualdub, it will work perfectly.

Claudio

#8 Cauptain

Cauptain

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

View Postonekolcj, on 06 July 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

I"m having the same exact problem.  Windows 7 64bit quad core 4gig of ram.  I just reloaded my OS about a month ago.  Are you saying that I would have to reinstall my OS in order to get the Roxio Game Capture to work?  Can't their be another way instead of reloading the entire OS?  I'm at a lost and really thought this would be a good product to use and capture 480, yet pass through 1080i.

Please advise Cauptain!

Hi onekolcj,

1 - Have you any CODEC PACK?? Unistall, use a CCLEANER to clean regyster, reboot and go to 2.

2 - IF no, go to google and find KLITE CODEC PACK FULL, download it and install with option 7. Set all files to FFDSHOW use.

3 - Try and reply.

4 - Not work? Go to this link ang download Virtualdub 64bits. Extract and use my tutorial to get RGC work. Please try & reply.

Claudio

My specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1, Core I5@4ghz, 16 GB Memory, HD 6 TB, CrossfireX 6850 XFX, Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe, AverTV HD DVR, Mygica X5807, Roxio GC
........................................................................Cauptain Youtube Channel - Consoles HD..................................................................
_____________________________________________________________________________________

#9 onekolcj

onekolcj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

Hello and thanks for the quick reply.  Well that seemed to do the trick.  Steps 1 through 3.  Oddly when I initially hooked this up to my TV, the passthrough was not work as well.  Maybe coincidence, maybe not.  After messing with the cables for my 360 and then doing steps 1 through 3, all is good now and it is recording.  Many thanks and hope to talk to you in the future!
Jason

View PostCauptain, on 06 July 2011 - 03:31 PM, said:

Hi onekolcj,

1 - Have you any CODEC PACK?? Unistall, use a CCLEANER to clean regyster, reboot and go to 2.

2 - IF no, go to google and find KLITE CODEC PACK FULL, download it and install with option 7. Set all files to FFDSHOW use.

3 - Try and reply.

4 - Not work? Go to this link ang download Virtualdub 64bits. Extract and use my tutorial to get RGC work. Please try & reply.

Claudio

#10 SteamPunkJunkie

SteamPunkJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

How do I use Klike codex pack full?

#11 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,616 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostSteamPunkJunkie, on 05 January 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

How do I use Klike codex pack full?

You dug up a 1-1/2 year old thread.  Did you read the posts?  Your answer is in Post #8 of this thread.  Cauptain explained how to install the codec.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users