James Ireland

Unknown Capture Error (Windows 7)

Question

Hi There,

I am hoping you can help as i've just spent £70+ on this and haven't been able to use it thus far. I installed the Game Capture peripheral from Roxio today and have it set up running an Xbox 360 on 1080i as requested in the tutorial video. I have followed the installation process like a textbook. Whenever I load up the capture software I get the following error message "Unknown Capture Error"

roxio.jpg

I have uninstalled the software and re-installed several times this evening but still no joy. I have also tried several different USB ports and still no luck. My PC specifications are the following:

4 Gig of RAM

64 Bit Windows 7

Pentium Dual Core @ 260 Ghz

5.9 Windows Experience Index

When i look in my USB area within device manager it looks like the following - I also checked the safely remove hardware and eject hardware section and can see that the Roxio Game Capture has installed correctly according to Windows.

roxio2.jpg

I am at a total loss at what to do next really. I am currently uninstalling my Anti-Virus in a last ditch effort that it maybe causing a problem for it but I highly doubt it. It's also worth noting that when the error is closed it states no signal in the area a signal should be reflected. Please can i get some help on this!

10 answers to this question

What do you show under sound, video and game controllers. The capture device should be listed twice.

Okay this is getting even stranger now!

Roxio Game Capture software doesn't pick up the device - neither does Windows Movie Maker. However, YouTube's webcam upload when I change the source does!

roxio4.jpg

Okay this is getting even stranger now!

Roxio Game Capture software doesn't pick up the device - neither does Windows Movie Maker. However, YouTube's webcam upload when I change the source does!

roxio4.jpg

I know what is your problem.

Oddly on my friend's house, programs such as Power Director 9 (64bit) and Virtualdub (64bit) worked perfect, but any 32bit versions of programs not working, including Power Director 8, Virtualdub and RGC software (it is both 32bit).

This problem is VFW/WDM connect filter.

Reinstall OS and everything will work.

To be sure, try the 64 bit version of Virtualdub, it will work perfectly.

Claudio

I"m having the same exact problem. Windows 7 64bit quad core 4gig of ram. I just reloaded my OS about a month ago. Are you saying that I would have to reinstall my OS in order to get the Roxio Game Capture to work? Can't their be another way instead of reloading the entire OS? I'm at a lost and really thought this would be a good product to use and capture 480, yet pass through 1080i.

Please advise Cauptain!

I know what is your problem.

Oddly on my friend's house, programs such as Power Director 9 (64bit) and Virtualdub (64bit) worked perfect, but any 32bit versions of programs not working, including Power Director 8, Virtualdub and RGC software (it is both 32bit).

This problem is VFW/WDM connect filter.

Reinstall OS and everything will work.

To be sure, try the 64 bit version of Virtualdub, it will work perfectly.

Claudio

I"m having the same exact problem. Windows 7 64bit quad core 4gig of ram. I just reloaded my OS about a month ago. Are you saying that I would have to reinstall my OS in order to get the Roxio Game Capture to work? Can't their be another way instead of reloading the entire OS? I'm at a lost and really thought this would be a good product to use and capture 480, yet pass through 1080i.

Please advise Cauptain!

Hi onekolcj,

1 - Have you any CODEC PACK?? Unistall, use a CCLEANER to clean regyster, reboot and go to 2.

2 - IF no, go to google and find KLITE CODEC PACK FULL, download it and install with option 7. Set all files to FFDSHOW use.

3 - Try and reply.

4 - Not work? Go to this link ang download Virtualdub 64bits. Extract and use my tutorial to get RGC work. Please try & reply.

Claudio

Hello and thanks for the quick reply. Well that seemed to do the trick. Steps 1 through 3. Oddly when I initially hooked this up to my TV, the passthrough was not work as well. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. After messing with the cables for my 360 and then doing steps 1 through 3, all is good now and it is recording. Many thanks and hope to talk to you in the future!

Jason

Hi onekolcj,

1 - Have you any CODEC PACK?? Unistall, use a CCLEANER to clean regyster, reboot and go to 2.

2 - IF no, go to google and find KLITE CODEC PACK FULL, download it and install with option 7. Set all files to FFDSHOW use.

3 - Try and reply.

4 - Not work? Go to this link ang download Virtualdub 64bits. Extract and use my tutorial to get RGC work. Please try & reply.

Claudio

How do I use Klike codex pack full?

You dug up a 1-1/2 year old thread. Did you read the posts? Your answer is in Post #8 of this thread. Cauptain explained how to install the codec.