Sign in to follow this  
Humberto1959

Roxio 2011 Pro

Question

I have a Dell Studio XPS 9100, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit,3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7 960,12280 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory,

ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series that came with Roxio creator starter with a chance to upgrade to 2011 but I see that there is also a Pro version also though not with the promotion. Also I noticed that there is a special edition of vhs to dvd edition that I need now because the main reason I am asking is a question that pertains to all three versions. Does the Roxio 2011 and the Pro version allow me to transfer my family videos even though a cable is not supplied? I think I would be able to find a cable somewhere online I just don't want to buy the vhs to dvd edition and then later want to upgrade to the other of two versions. Thanks for any help in advanced.

4 answers to this question

You can purchase the Roxio Capture USB device from Roxio. (Top of screen--Store--Accessories)

Depending on which Roxio product you buy, there is one I have seen that is a special buy that comes with the capture device also. (C2011 Pro + USB Capture Device)

But it's rare to find this special :(

Frank...

Edited by REDWAGON

Point being you have to have a Analog to Digital Converter like the Roxio device Frank showed. It is not just a matter of wires!

There are plenty out there, but the Roxio device WORKS with the software and is simple to use. Whereas others are a crap shoot :huh:

Once in a while, I use my AverMedia $180 card but it is rare! It will not work within Roxio so I have to use thier software to caputue, which has less features :(

Thank-you Redwagon and Jim_Hardin for the input, I clicked on the link that Redwagon sent and will more than likely go with that setup. Once again Thank-you very much! :D

Thank-you Redwagon and Jim_Hardin for the input, I clicked on the link that Redwagon sent and will more than likely go with that setup. Once again Thank-you very much! :D

You're welcome And good luck with your new programs. The Roxio USB capture device and the capture program in the C2011 Pro really do work nicely--Have fun :D

Frank...