• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Humberto1959

Humberto1959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

I have a Dell Studio XPS 9100, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit,3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7 960,12280 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory,
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series  that came with Roxio creator starter with a chance to upgrade to 2011 but I see that there is also a Pro version also though not with the promotion.  Also I noticed that there is a special edition of vhs to dvd edition that I need now because the main reason I am asking is a question that pertains to all three versions.  Does the Roxio 2011 and the Pro version allow me to transfer my family videos even though a cable is not supplied?  I think I would be able to find a cable somewhere online I just don't want to buy the vhs to dvd edition and then later want to upgrade to the other of two versions.  Thanks for any help in advanced.

#2 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,732 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

You can purchase the Roxio Capture USB device from Roxio. (Top of screen--Store--Accessories)
Depending on which Roxio product you buy, there is one I have seen that is a special buy  that comes with the capture device also. (C2011 Pro + USB Capture Device)
But it's rare to find this special :(

Frank...

Edited by REDWAGON, 11 May 2011 - 06:47 PM.

REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,573 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

Point being you have to have a Analog to Digital Converter like the Roxio device Frank showed. It is not just a matter of wires!

There are plenty out there, but the Roxio device WORKS with the software and is simple to use. Whereas others are a crap shoot  :huh:

Once in a while, I use my AverMedia $180 card but it is rare! It will not work within Roxio so I have to use thier software to caputue, which has less features :(
Posted Image

#4 Humberto1959

Humberto1959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:51 AM

Thank-you Redwagon and Jim_Hardin for the input,  I clicked on the link that Redwagon sent and will more than likely go with that setup.  Once again Thank-you very much! :D

#5 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,732 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

View PostHumberto1959, on 12 May 2011 - 06:51 AM, said:

Thank-you Redwagon and Jim_Hardin for the input,  I clicked on the link that Redwagon sent and will more than likely go with that setup.  Once again Thank-you very much! :D

You're welcome And good luck with your new programs. The Roxio USB capture device and the capture program in the C2011 Pro really do work nicely--Have fun :D

Frank...
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users