ridgerunner51

Creator 2011 Full Package

Question

How do you know if you have the complete package of Roxio Creator 2011 on a desktop? I was told the package loaded on my Dell XPS 9100 desktop which came along with an optical drive was a complete package. How can I verify this a complete package on my desktop?

7 answers to this question

How do you know if you have the complete package of Roxio Creator 2011 on a desktop? I was told the package loaded on my Dell XPS 9100 desktop which came along with an optical drive was a complete package. How can I verify this a complete package on my desktop?

But not necessarily THE compete package. :blink:

How much extra did you pay? Open the Home menu and look at the help -about. If it says Creator 2011 then it is; if it says something like Creato 10.3, then it isn't.

If you are not sure, post a screen shot of the page that opens when you go to help and then about.

But not necessarily THE compete package. :blink:

How much extra did you pay? Open the Home menu and look at the help -about. If it says Creator 2011 then it is; if it says something like Creato 10.3, then it isn't.

If you are not sure, post a screen shot of the page that opens when you go to help and then about.

Thank you for your reply. I did not pay extra, and it was listed as a free $79.99 value. I opened the Home page the Help - About and it says Roxio Creator 2011. I guess that means it should be the full package.

I picked the CD/DVD player option to get the software free, because I thought it would work an internal Hauppauge 2250 MC tv tuner and allow me to record from VHS tapes through S video to my hard drive. Can you tell me if the software should work like that?

Edited by ridgerunner51

Thank you for your reply. I did not pay extra, and it was listed as a free $79.99 value. I opened the Home page the Help - About and it says Roxio Creator 2011. I guess that means it should be the full package.

No, that doesn't mean you have the full package. It just means you have some sort of version of Creator 2011. I would wager that it's a cut-down OEM version with limited abilities, since There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. [TANSTAAFL]

Perhaps we need to see a screenshot of that Help > About page.

No, that doesn't mean you have the full package. It just means you have some sort of version of Creator 2011. I would wager that it's a cut-down OEM version with limited abilities, since There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. [TANSTAAFL]

Perhaps we need to see a screenshot of that Help > About page.

OK. I have attached it to this reply. I deleted the jpg with serial number.

Edited by ridgerunner51

Repost but black out you key (serial number).

Repost but black out you key (serial number).

OK. Additional information: I just spoke with Roxio and Hauppauge support personnel. It looks like I have to have the Hauppauge WinTV software to be able to transfer video from my VCR to my computer using the 2250 MC card. I ordered the CD for $9.95 plus shipping. I hope this helps someone else not spend as much time as I have on this. By the way, Windows Media Center will not transfer the video from the VCR either, using my card.

ridgerunner51

post-95573-028890700 1306860931.jpg

Delete/edi your post above that shows the CD key.