• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 rrobt

rrobt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

1. No trial version available. Customer Support advises me to purchase, download, install, test and then apply for a refund if I'm not happy.

2. OK, I purchased and now face a download of 2 files, each of which is about 1.2 Gb in size. The first download is the application. OK, big but I'll download it. The second download is described as the "Content file". When I email Customer Support, I am told that this is "third party applications".

It's been a long time since I was deliberately kept in the dark. I didn't think companies still did this in 2011.

Does any kind person here have a full list of what these "third party applications" are?

(In case you're wondering: I'm on a 512k line and these downloads take around 6 hours each.)

#2 jonatsonic

jonatsonic

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Interests:I am the Community and Content Manager at Roxio. I'm not necessarily a tech, but can help you resolve issues, offer advice, and any suggestions for new KB articles are welcome.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

View Postrrobt, on 02 June 2011 - 06:42 AM, said:

1. No trial version available. Customer Support advises me to purchase, download, install, test and then apply for a refund if I'm not happy.

2. OK, I purchased and now face a download of 2 files, each of which is about 1.2 Gb in size. The first download is the application. OK, big but I'll download it. The second download is described as the "Content file". When I email Customer Support, I am told that this is "third party applications".

It's been a long time since I was deliberately kept in the dark. I didn't think companies still did this in 2011.

Does any kind person here have a full list of what these "third party applications" are?

(In case you're wondering: I'm on a 512k line and these downloads take around 6 hours each.)

Hi RRbot

1. Yes, we have a 30 day no questions asked return policy if you are not happy with the software.

2. Unfortunately the agent wasn't very clear. Here is what you get when you download the program:

File 1: RoxioCreator2011PRO_JA08AXD0R14 - The Creator software
File 2: Roxio2011ProDisc2_J701AXD0FUL - The 3rd Party applications SonicFire Pro and SoundSoap SE
File 3: Roxio2011Content_J898AXD0SQA - Extra content, such as menus and audio.

If you bought the boxed/Physical version of Creator Pro, here is the breakdown on install discs:

Disc 1: The Creator Program *and* Content
Disc 2: 3rd party applications.

Hope this helps,

Jon
Roxio Customer Care

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,342 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

To expand that just a tad + ;)

The Content is needed as it is all the backgrounds for menus, buttons and about everything graphic in the software  :o  There is a rudimentary set within the program, but nothing like what you will see with the Content disc/download installed.

Donít hesitate to ask questions here! We have a lot of Regulars around with a wealth of experience. Tell us what you want to do and we can usually find a way to accomplish it  :D
Posted Image

#4 rrobt

rrobt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

OK, all understood.

Installing the first download was interesting: Kaspersky immediately grabbed the process and quaranteed it. Once I'd addressed that, the installer then went off for a further hour downloading DirectX components, then crashed and kept doing so. By this time I'd frankly run out of energy to inspect the log files (and there were many).

I have a high-end PC that's absolutely whistle-clean. I use it for software development so I ensure it's in tip-top condition.

Have asked for a refund.

I find it incomprehensible in this day and age that a software product like this requires more than 2Gb of installation files. I expect that of an operating system or something as complex as an IDE for software development (or maybe Microsoft Office), but not a product that burns data to disk.

I'm sorry I wasted time trying to upgrade this product. I'll be looking at products by your competitors.

#5 rrobt

rrobt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

Worth noting the following, I think:

I filled in an on-line form to initiate the cancellation/refund and this generated an email that said: "Once you have logged into the customer service website you will then have access your order.  To request a refund, click on the "request refund" option and follow the information provided."

No problem with logging on. This correctly takes me to a page that details the order that I want to cancel. Unfortunately, there's no "request refund" link on that page.

You couldn't make this up could you?

Is there anyone there who has been through this successfully who could hand-hold me through the process?

#6 rrobt

rrobt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

OK, all done now. Thank you.

#7 jonatsonic

jonatsonic

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Interests:I am the Community and Content Manager at Roxio. I'm not necessarily a tech, but can help you resolve issues, offer advice, and any suggestions for new KB articles are welcome.

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

Hey RRbot

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with our products.

For the benefit of others reading this, let me address a few things:

• I'll pass your experience to our engineers regarding Kapersky and have them test. This can happen with definitions update and we can usually work with security providers to correct this issue.
  • We have an article that suggests the best way and conditions for preparing a solid installation here. The article was not only created from user feedback, but general best practices for smooth installation in general. One of the first steps, because of the security software updates, is to *temporarily* disable your security software.
  • Making sure that you have the latest OS and DirectX, WMP, IE and .Net Framework updates also ease installation.

Although I wish it was more positive, I appreciate your feedback :)

Jon
Roxio Customer Care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users