• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tomo135

tomo135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:15 AM

On a burned DVD, some music that I use in Photoshow 5 starts to fade about half way through the track- so much that you want to turn up the volume but then the next track is too loud. HELP! I love this product but this is frustrating.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,606 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

View Posttomo135, on 06 June 2011 - 03:15 AM, said:

On a burned DVD, some music that I use in Photoshow 5 starts to fade about half way through the track- so much that you want to turn up the volume but then the next track is too loud. HELP! I love this product but this is frustrating.

Moved to the PhotoSHow 5 part of the forum since 5 is a legacy product.  PhotoHSow is now Version 6.

Please explain a little more.  What is on the burned DVD, the PhotoSHows or the music? If the music only, why are you asking here.  If the PhotoSHows then :

1) What manufacturer of discs do you use?  Memorex and store brands are not worth the gas to bring them home.
2) Are you using the program to burn your DVDs?
3) What else do you have running when creating the discs?
4) Where did you get the music and does it play OK on your computer?

Edited by sknis, 06 June 2011 - 05:02 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 tomo135

tomo135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

View Postsknis, on 06 June 2011 - 05:01 AM, said:

Moved to the PhotoSHow 5 part of the forum since 5 is a legacy product.  PhotoHSow is now Version 6.

Please explain a little more.  What is on the burned DVD, the PhotoSHows or the music? If the music only, why are you asking here.  If the PhotoSHows then :

1) What manufacturer of discs do you use?  Memorex and store brands are not worth the gas to bring them home.
2) Are you using the program to burn your DVDs?
3) What else do you have running when creating the discs?
4) Where did you get the music and does it play OK on your computer?

A burned DVD containd a completed photoshow containing pictures and music.

1. I have used memorex and maxell and gotten mixed results.
2. The photoshow program has a dvd burn option so I use that. Some shows fine others not- its weird (and inconsistent).
3. I make sure the DVD burn is the ONLY thing running at the time- on a second computer not even connected to any network.
4. I have used music from several different sources but program only allows mp3 formatted songs so I import them into iTunes to convert them if they aren't already in that format.

Thanks for the help.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,606 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

View Posttomo135, on 06 June 2011 - 12:49 PM, said:

A burned DVD containd a completed photoshow containing pictures and music.

1. I have used memorex and maxell and gotten mixed results.
2. The photoshow program has a dvd burn option so I use that. Some shows fine others not- its weird (and inconsistent).
3. I make sure the DVD burn is the ONLY thing running at the time- on a second computer not even connected to any network.
4. I have used music from several different sources but program only allows mp3 formatted songs so I import them into iTunes to convert them if they aren't already in that format.

Thanks for the help.

1) With the Memorex, I would expect that you would have mixed results.  Maxell should be OK; most of the frequent posters use either Verbatim or Taiyo Youden (on-line only).   You photo shows deserve the best.  Buy some rewritable ones so you can burn and try.
2)  Check to make sure you hard drive is clean and defragmented.
3) Great
4) Itunes can give mixed results.  I avoid it like the plague.  Since I don't use it, I have to go by  what other people say about it. Go to cnet.com and look for a mp3 converter other than Itunes.   Do you know what bit rate you are using and if it is fixed or variable?  What is the sampling rate? I use Amazon mp3 with no issues; they are 128kbps and a sampling rate of 44,100.

Download the free VLC player, form cnet.com.  Add one of the music files that you converted to that player.  Pause it.  Go to Tools then codec information and see what it says.  You might try it for both good and bad music files.

There may be several causes for what you are experiencing but you may be the first to complain about the audio acting this way.  We have to narrow down the cause..

Anyone else want to make a guess?
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 tomo135

tomo135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

View Postsknis, on 06 June 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

1) With the Memorex, I would expect that you would have mixed results.  Maxell should be OK; most of the frequent posters use either Verbatim or Taiyo Youden (on-line only).   You photo shows deserve the best.  Buy some rewritable ones so you can burn and try.
2)  Check to make sure you hard drive is clean and defragmented.
3) Great
4) Itunes can give mixed results.  I avoid it like the plague.  Since I don't use it, I have to go by  what other people say about it. Go to cnet.com and look for a mp3 converter other than Itunes.   Do you know what bit rate you are using and if it is fixed or variable?  What is the sampling rate? I use Amazon mp3 with no issues; they are 128kbps and a sampling rate of 44,100.

Download the free VLC player, form cnet.com.  Add one of the music files that you converted to that player.  Pause it.  Go to Tools then codec information and see what it says.  You might try it for both good and bad music files.

There may be several causes for what you are experiencing but you may be the first to complain about the audio acting this way.  We have to narrow down the cause..

Anyone else want to make a guess?

Thanks

I'll check into some of these recommendations and get back on later.

Edited by myguggi, 07 June 2011 - 12:38 PM.
place response outside quoted post

#6 tomo135

tomo135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

I downloaded VLC and tried two different versions of the same song like you sugessted- one imported from a CD and one from the Internet. One had a sampling rate of 128 and one of 160- is one better than the other? What significance is the sampling- variable or fixed?

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,606 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:14 AM

View Posttomo135, on 07 June 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

I downloaded VLC and tried two different versions of the same song like you sugessted- one imported from a CD and one from the Internet. One had a sampling rate of 128 and one of 160- is one better than the other? What significance is the sampling- variable or fixed?

Which one went through ITunes?  Wiach of them fades in PhotoShow?

Apple =OSX 10.5

#8 tomo135

tomo135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

View Postsknis, on 08 June 2011 - 03:14 AM, said:

Which one went through ITunes?  Wiach of them fades in PhotoShow?

Well I didn't go so far as to burn another copy of the show with the newly formatted tracks from VLC (or freerip). I'll have to try that. I did defrag the hard disk as well.

More to try brfore I have more answers for you.

#9 tomo135

tomo135

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

Well the problem might be solved. I compared some of the settings of another show that I made that had NO problems with my latest show with fading music. I adjusted the setting of the latest show having problems to the non problematic show. It SEEMS like a setting, one effect you can apply called pan and zoom causes this to happen. I say seems because I have only tried correcting it once without changing music details too much. I will be certainly troubleshooting this MUCH MORE but the problem may have been caused by something simple. A DVD that I had trouble with several days ago has now been burned with no problems with fading music. If this is a fluke, I will be back with more questions. Until then, fingers crossed and thanks for the support!

Tom

Edited by tomo135, 17 June 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#10 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,606 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:56 AM

View Posttomo135, on 12 June 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

Well the problem might be solved. I compared some of the settings of another show that I made that had NO problems with my latest show with fading music. I adjusted the setting of the latest show having problems to the non problematic show. It SEEMS like a setting, one effect you can apply called pan and zoom causes this to happen. I say seems because I have only tried correcting it once wihtout changing music details too much. I will be certainly troubleshooting this MUCH MORE but the problem may have been caused by something simple. A DVD that I had trouble with several days ago has now been burned with no problems with fading music. If this is a fluke, I will be back with more questions. Until then, fingers crossed and thanks for the support!

Tom

Yes, let us know if you get the problem again.  I'm glad you may have found the solution.

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users