• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 n2gzs

n2gzs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

I'm running Creator Business v10.3.52.15. Using Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine with an Intel Xeon X5650@2.67 Ghz.
Roxio is telling there is no device detected. I looked at some of the previous questions, and I downloaded and installed the pxengine4_18_16a. After the reboot there's still no drive detected. The drive I have is an HP DVD RW AD-7251H5.
Can you help me get her running?

Thanks.

Edited by n2gzs, 06 June 2011 - 05:01 AM.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,300 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:06 AM

I'm running Creator Business v10.3.52.15. Using Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine with an Intel Xeon X5650@2.67 Ghz.
Roxio is telling there is no device detected. I looked at some of the previous questions, and I downloaded and installed the pxengine4_18_16a. After the reboot there's still no drive detected. The drive I have is an HP DVD RW AD-7251H5.
Can you help me get her running?

Thanks.

Does Windows see the device? f not, uninstall it and reboot. Windows should reinstall it. If Windows doesn't see it, then Roxio can't either.

Also Google for that drive; you will find a lot of issues related to it not being found. Contact HP for help;

Edited by sknis, 06 June 2011 - 05:09 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 n2gzs

n2gzs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

Does Windows see the device? f not, uninstall it and reboot. Windows should reinstall it. If Windows doesn't see it, then Roxio can't either.

Also Google for that drive; you will find a lot of issues related to it not being found. Contact HP for help;

Yes Windows sees the device. I have been able to burn CD's using Windows explorer.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,265 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

The 10.x.xxx products have nothing in common with Creator 2010, hence the reason to move it here :lol:

If you go under Tools in the Home App and look under Disc Info, what does it say about your drive?

Home - Tools.JPG

And we will need to know WHAT you are trying to burn to it???

#5 n2gzs

n2gzs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

The 10.x.xxx products have nothing in common with Creator 2010, hence the reason to move it here :lol:

If you go under Tools in the Home App and look under Disc Info, what does it say about your drive?

Home - Tools.JPG

And we will need to know WHAT you are trying to burn to it???

It simply says no drive detected. I was trying to burn PowerPoint presentations, mpg's and wmv's to it.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

Yes Windows sees the device. I have been able to burn CD's using Windows explorer.

Make a Folder in the root of C Drive name it Fix.

Download the pxengine4_18_16a to the Fix folder and extract it, .Attached File  pxengine4_18_16a.zip   2.11MB   4709 downloads

Bring up the 'Run' command http://windows.micro...the-Run-command

Or hold the + then the R and then the windows key..

Copy and paste this command into the Run box and click OK.

c:\fix\pxengine4_18_16a /pxhelponvista

Fix1.jpg

fix2.jpg

When you click OK in the Run Command this should show, click next then finish..

px1.jpg

px2.jpg

Reboot the PC and see if Roxio can see your drives...

[pxengine file attached]

Edited by Brendon, 23 July 2013 - 02:19 PM.

• csblue likes this

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#7 n2gzs

n2gzs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

Thanks cdanteek. That worked. I had already downloaded and run it, but I must have missed a step, because it didn't work before. Thanks again!!

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

Thanks cdanteek. That worked. I had already downloaded and run it, but I must have missed a step, because it didn't work before. Thanks again!!

You have to run it this way using the Vista switch.

I'm glad it worked for you..

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,265 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Thanks cd!

I know you and Brendon had a good handle on this so there was no point in me reinventing the wheel :lol:

#10 msmofet60

msmofet60

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

I am running vista and am having the same problem. No Drive Detected. Can I use the same fix?

Make a Folder in the root of C Drive name it Fix.

Download the pxengine4_18_16a to the Fix folder and extract it, free utility's in my signature #16.

Bring up the 'Run' command http://windows.micro...the-Run-command

Or hold the + then the R and then the windows key..

Copy and paste this command into the Run box and click OK.

c:\fix\pxengine4_18_16a /pxhelponvista

Fix1.jpg

fix2.jpg

When you click OK in the Run Command this should show, click next then finish..

px1.jpg

px2.jpg

Reboot the PC and see if Roxio can see your drives...

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

I am running vista and am having the same problem. No Drive Detected. Can I use the same fix?

Yes you can and tell us if it works for you please.

cd

Spoiler

#12 msmofet60

msmofet60

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

Yes you can and tell us if it works for you please.

Thank you. I feel stupid but can you just walk me through it please.

Is this the folder where I create the FIX folder?

Where do I Download the pxengine4_18_16a? And which link do I use in your sig #16?

Attached Images

• roxio.jpg

Edited by msmofet60, 02 July 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

Thank you. I feel stupid but can you just walk me through it please.

Is this the folder where I create the FIX folder?

Where do I Download the pxengine4_18_16a? And which link do I use in your sig #16?

I can't make it any clearer than post # 6 can I, with pictures?

cd

Spoiler

#14 msmofet60

msmofet60

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

I can't make it any clearer than post # 6 can I, with pictures?

Ok you are running windows 7 so it says computer>W7 OS right? I am running vista so is that the proper place for me to create the FIX folder? And where do I download the pxengine4_18_16a file? I just googled it and clicked a link and got that dopey virus thing "Windows Security ...." I am running malwarebytes at the moment. PLease help

#16 is just an extractor where do I get the compressed file for the pxengine4_18_16a?

Edited by msmofet60, 02 July 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#15 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

Ok you are running windows 7 so it says computer>W7 OS right? I am running vista so is that the proper place for me to create the FIX folder? And where do I download the pxengine4_18_16a file? I just googled it and clicked a link and got that dopey virus thing "Windows Security ...." I am running malwarebytes at the moment. PLease help

#16 is just an extractor where do I get the compressed file for the pxengine4_18_16a?

Yes make the folder in Vista OS C Drive...

Download the pxengine4_18_16a file, http://kb.roxio.com/...00070GN&PARAMS=

Shut your antivirus and malwarebytes off. Do you think Roxio is going to give you a visus?

cd

Spoiler

#16 msmofet60

msmofet60

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Yes make the folder in Vista OS C Drive...

Download the pxengine4_18_16a file, http://kb.roxio.com/...00070GN&PARAMS=

Shut your antivirus and malwarebytes off. Do you think Roxio is going to give you a visus?

No I don't think roxio will give me a virus but that "think point" virus that comes up as a fake Microsoft security anti virus came up. IT IS a virus. http://www.google.co...nk point virus Earlier when I googled that file I clicked a link and it started. So I knew what to do from the last time it happened. My daughter got it on her puter once before.

Thank you for your help

#17 msmofet60

msmofet60

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

It didn't work

#18 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

It didn't work

Sorry to hear that!

It has worked for everyone so far.

Please review, print out post #6 then ask a friend with more PC experience to have a go at it.

cd

Spoiler

#19 BrianWr

BrianWr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:31 AM

Didn't work for me either.

Using Window 7 64bit

Have reloaded Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. Loaded pxengine4_18_16a

No Lower or Upper filter problems.

Every other program in the world can see my drive had the same problem with Creator 2009.

Will not be getting 2011 unless Roxio sort out this problem

What realy confuses me is why it works for six months and then stops working.
This is identical to what happened with 2009

#20 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,034 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

Brian

Overlooking that fact that you posted to EMC 10 (internal version number 10) forum instead of Creator 2010 (internal version number 12), if you had Creator 2009 installed on Windows 7, the chances are you haven't fully uninstalled that (it was NOT compatible with W7).

There are several things that can cause problems (the above being one).

Did you install with anti-virus turned off?
Do you run a registry cleaner?
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users