n2gzs

No Drive Detected

Question

I'm running Creator Business v10.3.52.15. Using Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine with an Intel Xeon X5650@2.67 Ghz.

Roxio is telling there is no device detected. I looked at some of the previous questions, and I downloaded and installed the pxengine4_18_16a. After the reboot there's still no drive detected. The drive I have is an HP DVD RW AD-7251H5.

Can you help me get her running?

Thanks.

Edited by n2gzs

38 answers to this question

I'm running Creator Business v10.3.52.15. Using Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine with an Intel Xeon X5650@2.67 Ghz.

Roxio is telling there is no device detected. I looked at some of the previous questions, and I downloaded and installed the pxengine4_18_16a. After the reboot there's still no drive detected. The drive I have is an HP DVD RW AD-7251H5.

Can you help me get her running?

Thanks.

Does Windows see the device? f not, uninstall it and reboot. Windows should reinstall it. If Windows doesn't see it, then Roxio can't either.

Also Google for that drive; you will find a lot of issues related to it not being found. Contact HP for help;

Edited by sknis

Does Windows see the device? f not, uninstall it and reboot. Windows should reinstall it. If Windows doesn't see it, then Roxio can't either.

Also Google for that drive; you will find a lot of issues related to it not being found. Contact HP for help;

Yes Windows sees the device. I have been able to burn CD's using Windows explorer.

The 10.x.xxx products have nothing in common with Creator 2010, hence the reason to move it here :lol:

If you go under Tools in the Home App and look under Disc Info, what does it say about your drive?

post-39730-064668200 1307369305.jpg

And we will need to know WHAT you are trying to burn to it???

The 10.x.xxx products have nothing in common with Creator 2010, hence the reason to move it here :lol:

If you go under Tools in the Home App and look under Disc Info, what does it say about your drive?

post-39730-064668200 1307369305.jpg

And we will need to know WHAT you are trying to burn to it???

It simply says no drive detected. I was trying to burn PowerPoint presentations, mpg's and wmv's to it.

Yes Windows sees the device. I have been able to burn CD's using Windows explorer.

Make a Folder in the root of C Drive name it Fix.

Download the pxengine4_18_16a to the Fix folder and extract it, .pxengine4_18_16a.zip

Bring up the 'Run' command http://windows.micro...the-Run-command

Or hold the + then the R and then the windows key..

Copy and paste this command into the Run box and click OK.

c:\fix\pxengine4_18_16a /pxhelponvista

post-97-072122000 1307370008.jpg

post-97-056393000 1307370011.jpg

When you click OK in the Run Command this should show, click next then finish..

post-97-099381600 1307370132.jpg

post-97-064534000 1307370133.jpg

Reboot the PC and see if Roxio can see your drives...

[pxengine file attached]

Edited by Brendon
  • Like 1

Thanks cdanteek. That worked. I had already downloaded and run it, but I must have missed a step, because it didn't work before. Thanks again!!

Thanks cdanteek. That worked. I had already downloaded and run it, but I must have missed a step, because it didn't work before. Thanks again!!

You have to run it this way using the Vista switch.

I'm glad it worked for you..

Thanks cd!

I know you and Brendon had a good handle on this so there was no point in me reinventing the wheel :lol:

I am running vista and am having the same problem. No Drive Detected. Can I use the same fix?

Make a Folder in the root of C Drive name it Fix.

Download the pxengine4_18_16a to the Fix folder and extract it, free utility's in my signature #16.

Bring up the 'Run' command http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-happened-to-the-Run-command

Or hold the + then the R and then the windows key..

Copy and paste this command into the Run box and click OK.

c:\fix\pxengine4_18_16a /pxhelponvista

post-97-072122000 1307370008.jpg

post-97-056393000 1307370011.jpg

When you click OK in the Run Command this should show, click next then finish..

post-97-099381600 1307370132.jpg

post-97-064534000 1307370133.jpg

Reboot the PC and see if Roxio can see your drives...

I am running vista and am having the same problem. No Drive Detected. Can I use the same fix?

Yes you can and tell us if it works for you please.

Yes you can and tell us if it works for you please.

Thank you. I feel stupid but can you just walk me through it please.

Is this the folder where I create the FIX folder?

Where do I Download the pxengine4_18_16a? And which link do I use in your sig #16?

post-37847-011720400 1309632219.jpg

Edited by msmofet60

Thank you. I feel stupid but can you just walk me through it please.

Is this the folder where I create the FIX folder?

Where do I Download the pxengine4_18_16a? And which link do I use in your sig #16?

I can't make it any clearer than post # 6 can I, with pictures?

I can't make it any clearer than post # 6 can I, with pictures?

Ok you are running windows 7 so it says computer>W7 OS right? I am running vista so is that the proper place for me to create the FIX folder? And where do I download the pxengine4_18_16a file? I just googled it and clicked a link and got that dopey virus thing "Windows Security ...." I am running malwarebytes at the moment. PLease help

#16 is just an extractor where do I get the compressed file for the pxengine4_18_16a?

Edited by msmofet60

Ok you are running windows 7 so it says computer>W7 OS right? I am running vista so is that the proper place for me to create the FIX folder? And where do I download the pxengine4_18_16a file? I just googled it and clicked a link and got that dopey virus thing "Windows Security ...." I am running malwarebytes at the moment. PLease help

#16 is just an extractor where do I get the compressed file for the pxengine4_18_16a?

Yes make the folder in Vista OS C Drive...

Download the pxengine4_18_16a file, http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20Information/000070GN&PARAMS=

Shut your antivirus and malwarebytes off. Do you think Roxio is going to give you a visus?

Yes make the folder in Vista OS C Drive...

Download the pxengine4_18_16a file, http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20Information/000070GN&PARAMS=

Shut your antivirus and malwarebytes off. Do you think Roxio is going to give you a visus?

No I don't think roxio will give me a virus but that "think point" virus that comes up as a fake Microsoft security anti virus came up. IT IS a virus. http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SNCA_enUS371&q=think+point+virus+ Earlier when I googled that file I clicked a link and it started. So I knew what to do from the last time it happened. My daughter got it on her puter once before.

Thank you for your help

It didn't work

Sorry to hear that!

It has worked for everyone so far.

Please review, print out post #6 then ask a friend with more PC experience to have a go at it.

Didn't work for me either.

Using Window 7 64bit

Have reloaded Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. Loaded pxengine4_18_16a

No Lower or Upper filter problems.

Every other program in the world can see my drive had the same problem with Creator 2009.

Will not be getting 2011 unless Roxio sort out this problem

What realy confuses me is why it works for six months and then stops working.

This is identical to what happened with 2009

Brian

Overlooking that fact that you posted to EMC 10 (internal version number 10) forum instead of Creator 2010 (internal version number 12), if you had Creator 2009 installed on Windows 7, the chances are you haven't fully uninstalled that (it was NOT compatible with W7).

There are several things that can cause problems (the above being one).

Did you install with anti-virus turned off?

Do you run a registry cleaner?

Didn't work for me either.

Using Window 7 64bit

Have reloaded Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. Loaded pxengine4_18_16a

No Lower or Upper filter problems.

Every other program in the world can see my drive had the same problem with Creator 2009.

Will not be getting 2011 unless Roxio sort out this problem

What realy confuses me is why it works for six months and then stops working.

This is identical to what happened with 2009

If the program worked for 6 month and then all of a sudden does not, it is because you changed something on your system that corrupted the Roxio program. That is not something you can blame on Roxio.

I haven't used this program in sometime but should have since I knew it didn't work. I did try get some help with it at Dell but no replies.

I used to use Easy CD a few years ago in work and home and it was great. But now can't make a CD with this program. I tried using the pxeng you had posted a few years ago but didn't work either.

My Studio XPS 435MT recognizes the drives all the time, so can't figure why this program don't detect any drives.

any ideas, don't want to buy any programs until it works

program: Roxio creator DE

thanks

xxLouA

Edited by xxLouA

I haven't used this program in sometime but should have since I knew it didn't work. I did try get some help with it at Dell but no replies.

I used to use Easy CD a few years ago in work and home and it was great. But now can't make a CD with this program. I tried using the pxeng you had posted a few years ago but didn't work either.

My Studio XPS 435MT recognizes the drives all the time, so can't figure why this program don't detect any drives.

thanks

xxLouA

ALL support for Dells OEM software comes from Dell. Roxio provided the software to Dell to meet THEIR specifications.Contact Dell or check there forum page , here is one example http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/p/19279086/19500152.aspx#19500152

thanks

xxLouA

Which of the many versions of Dell Creator do you have. They start way back and are now up to 10.3 or higher.

Did you go to the Dell stile and see if you can re-download the version you have? If so, you can try reinstalling it. Note that you may have to uninstall what you have first. Tell us what you have and we can point you to an uninstall procedure.

I would go to the Dell users group and ask your question. There are otrhers who have had similar issues. For example.

ALL support for Dells OEM software comes from Dell. Roxio provided the software to Dell to meet THEIR specifications.Contact Dell or check there forum page , here is one example http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/p/19279086/19500152.aspx#19500152

where do you find this Drag to Disc, not on my pc..also tried the pxengine, rebooted and still not working; my OS is Vista ultimate 64 bit

where do you find this Drag to Disc, not on my pc..also tried the pxengine, rebooted and still not working; my OS is Vista ultimate 64 bit

EMC 7, 7.5 is not compatible with Vista. The first version that worked with Vista was version EMC 9.1.