• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 dukefan71

dukefan71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

Does anyone know if Toast 10 Titanium and Lion are compatible?  I emailed support and they said they didn't know if they were or not. I know it's kinda early, but trying to plan ahead, and that response doesn't instill a lot of confidence in them...

Edited by dukefan71, 07 June 2011 - 08:48 AM.

#17 jonatsonic

jonatsonic

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Interests:I am the Community and Content Manager at Roxio. I'm not necessarily a tech, but can help you resolve issues, offer advice, and any suggestions for new KB articles are welcome.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

Best Answer

The Lion update for Toast 10 has just been posted here:

http://www.roxio.com...updatesv10.html

Jon
Roxio Customer Care

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

We'll see. As long as Apple doesn't change QuickTime I expect everything to work.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 edbeta

edbeta

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Production.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

View Postdukefan71, on 07 June 2011 - 08:47 AM, said:

Does anyone know if Toast 10 Titanium and Lion are compatible?  I emailed support and they said they didn't know if they were or not. I know it's kinda early, but trying to plan ahead, and that response doesn't instill a lot of confidence in them...

You must also take into account the new FCP X is base on A/V Foundation at is core instead of the usual QuickTime , so expect at a minimum a conversion at the export step if Toast only support QuickTime and what version of QuickTime ....
PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
TOURNAGE / MONTAGE VIDÉO CORPORATIF
DISTRIBUTION : DVD / BLU-RAY / WEB
http://www.productiondgoyette.com

#4 dukefan71

dukefan71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Thank you both for the replies.  I did learn that Toast 11 would be supported (or at least I think that's a correct assumption), but I am perfectly happy with Toast 10.  I didn't know if anyone could confirm it would work or not.  I find it difficult to believe no one at Roxio has tested it, with it being only 1 version previous.

#5 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

View Postdukefan71, on 07 June 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

Thank you both for the replies.  I did learn that Toast 11 would be supported (or at least I think that's a correct assumption), but I am perfectly happy with Toast 10.  I didn't know if anyone could confirm it would work or not.  I find it difficult to believe no one at Roxio has tested it, with it being only 1 version previous.
I don't know what Roxio will do if there is an incompatibility with Toast 10 and Lion but they have not placed Toast 10 in their "legacy" category. In the past Roxio has updated previous non-legacy versions when there is an OS or QuickTime change that affected capabilities. That kind of update always is made with the current shipping version before the older version, though, and doesn't happen quickly.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#6 Tresy

Tresy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

Tivo Transfer won't work.

#7 DennisToast

DennisToast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:01 AM

View PostTresy, on 20 July 2011 - 09:55 PM, said:

Tivo Transfer won't work.

In other thread on same subject... latest build of 10... Tivo Transfer works just fine.  But Mac2Tivo does not.  Its totally broken.

#8 road57

road57

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Mac, how do you take the video imported with Easy VHS and burn a DVD that will play in a DVD player? It play great on my Laptop but not in my DVD at house. I get and error canít read disc. I believe itís the operator sitting behind the keyboard  
I have the full version of Toast pro 10 on   some time I

#9 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,214 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

View Postroad57, on 24 July 2011 - 03:16 PM, said:

Mac, how do you take the video imported with Easy VHS and burn a DVD that will play in a DVD player? It play great on my Laptop but not in my DVD at house. I get and error can't read disc. I believe it's the operator sitting behind the keyboard  
I have the full version of Toast pro 10 on   some time I

Please, stick with the one post that you have running on this topic  http://forums.suppor...694#entry380694

#10 ruldricks

ruldricks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:52 AM

No, Toast 10 does not work with Lion and I haven't seen any indication from Roxio that they are working on this issue. There appears to be issues with Toast 11 and Lion also and Roxio for whatever reason, doesn't seem very concerned. Very odd.

Edited by ruldricks, 16 August 2011 - 05:52 AM.

#11 stinklyonion

stinklyonion

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

yes that is right, i have coordinated with Apple support team and they said something that Toast 10 is not compatible with Lion. they also don't have any idea if this matter will be done in the future updates. let's just all hope for it.

#12 ruldricks

ruldricks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

View Poststinklyonion, on 17 August 2011 - 11:19 PM, said:

yes that is right, i have coordinated with Apple support team and they said something that Toast 10 is not compatible with Lion. they also don't have any idea if this matter will be done in the future updates. let's just all hope for it.

This doesn't give me a good feeling. 10 wasn't all that great when it worked. Not sure if I'll even buy 11.

#13 jimmol

jimmol

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

Up until yesterday I was using Toast 8 and it was working fine. I was able to make and open disc images. After updating today to iTunes 10.4.1 and Lion 10.7.1 I can still make the disc images but when I try to open them I get the error: You can't open the application TDIXSupport because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

Yes, I realize this is a Toast 10 forum, but I find it interesting that Toast 8 also has been working fine, until today.

#14 ruldricks

ruldricks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

Toast sucks and Roxio customer service sucks.

#15 Poor Service

Poor Service

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:18 AM

For all those waiting since AUGUST for the MAC OS Lion maintenance update for Toast 10 will be please to know - THERE WILL NOT BE ONE.

Emails received from Roxio (17/10/2011) states - "We have recently received an update from our development team that the testing for Toast 10 in Compatibility mode for Mac Os x Lion 10.7 was not a success. So, they dropped the idea of developing a maintenance update for Toast 10 to be compatible with Mac Os X Lion 10.7."

Nice to see the Roxio web site still says there will be one.

BEWARE Toast 11 - Most users will be able to use Toast 11 uninterrupted, however we expect to release a maintenance update soon to resolve issues that will be experienced by Lion users. Until this update, users will not be able to capture audio from running applications in Spin Doctor X, and may experience the occasional crash or other unwanted behavior while working with Toast 11.

Do Toast 10 users get a free upgrade to Toast 11 - NO
Are there any deals for a upgrade - NO

Very POOR Customer Support and Service - Anyone want to buy a copy of Toast 10 - going cheap!!!!!

#16 jonatsonic

jonatsonic

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Interests:I am the Community and Content Manager at Roxio. I'm not necessarily a tech, but can help you resolve issues, offer advice, and any suggestions for new KB articles are welcome.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

Hi Poor Service

Thanks for alerting us to this, but it is incorrect.

First, if you could DM me your ticket number so I could see which agent made those statements, thast would be great.

Second, the agent is, of course, wrong. If we find that they made such statements, there will be strong repercussions.

Third, I emails our Toast product manager regarding the update and he said it was actually going to be released tomorrow, but let's just say Tuesday to be safe since he's on a plane from Germany right now. So I'll post the link here when it's out.

Lastly, I'll be closing this thread and all the threads you posted your message to, so the link can be added and customers don't have to wade through another long, drawn out discussion for the link (which we'll create a separate post and new KB article for).

Jon
Roxio Customer Care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users