3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Graubart

Michael Graubart

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

I use Toast 9.0.7 on an eMac (G4, PPC) with OSX 10.4.11.

I have on my hard disk the complete files of a video DVD. If I play it from the hard disk, all titles and menus, and, especially, subtitles appear. But I burnt it to a DVD-R disc, using Toast, set to 'video DVD', and when I played the resulting DVD, there were no subtitles, no menus and some of the main title sequences were missing. What was I doing wrong, and what can I do about it? I should be most grateful for any help.

#4 Michael Graubart

Michael Graubart

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

Best Answer

It worked perfectly. Thank you once more. Actually, once you had put me on the right track, I had another look at the Toast Users' Manual and realized that I had previously misread it. Had I read it more carefully, I would not have wasted your time and my time. But the main thing is that I now have a perfect DVD and I shall know what to do next time.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,219 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

When you choose the DVD video setting in Toast you are having Toast author a new DVD with a Toast menu rather than the original. What you want to do is either choose the VIDEO_TS folder setting in the Toast Video window and add the VIDEO_TS folder from your hard drive, or choose DVD-Rom (UDF) in the Toast Data window and add the VIDEO_TS folder. Either way Toast will make a copy of the version you already have rather than create a new version.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Michael Graubart

Michael Graubart

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

View Posttsantee, on 10 June 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

When you choose the DVD video setting in Toast you are having Toast author a new DVD with a Toast menu rather than the original. What you want to do is either choose the VIDEO_TS folder setting in the Toast Video window and add the VIDEO_TS folder from your hard drive, or choose DVD-Rom (UDF) in the Toast Data window and add the VIDEO_TS folder. Either way Toast will make a copy of the version you already have rather than create a new version.

Thanks very much, Tsantee. I shall now try one of those procedures and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, I shall come back to the issue here; but I hope I shan't have to. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users