• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ray_burger

ray_burger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

I hold a pre Windows 7 license for Music Lab Premiere. After 4 emails to support asking for an upgrade link and receiving a re-quote of web page information. I was told to call inside sales for an upgrade. Roxio wants to charge for a new license. Since the software has not changed and just updated for Windows 7, I fail to see why I should have to purchase the same software again. Maybe the next time they will not find someone to merge with and just go out of business.

#2 Sarge

Sarge

Grand High Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

You chose to change your Operating System to Windows 7, [after checking compatability of all your software?] and now you find some of your old software won't run under Win 7.

Are you saying that Roxio should be compelled to give you a free copy of their software that works under your new Operating System?

I'll bet that Microsoft didn't give you Windows 7 free because you bought an earlier version. Why should the rules be different for Roxio?

#3 ray_burger

ray_burger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

View PostSarge, on 14 June 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

You chose to change your Operating System to Windows 7, [after checking compatability of all your software?] and now you find some of your old software won't run under Win 7.

Are you saying that Roxio should be compelled to give you a free copy of their software that works under your new Operating System?

I'll bet that Microsoft didn't give you Windows 7 free because you bought an earlier version. Why should the rules be different for Roxio?
Yes that is exactly what I mean. It is not a new version of the software. It is exactly the same software, it has just been made compatable with Windows 7. They do not even offer an upgrade price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users