sidneyd

Lowering The Resolution Of Video Clips

Question

Hi All,

I have some footage which I recorded using a sony camcorder and I am trying to edit it. The clips were recorded in hd, however when I try to play it back in editor the clips are very jerky. Is there a way of lowering the resloution of the clips, or is this down to pc speed?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi All,

I have some footage which I recorded using a sony camcorder and I am trying to edit it. The clips were recorded in hd, however when I try to play it back in editor the clips are very jerky. Is there a way of lowering the resloution of the clips, or is this down to pc speed?

Thanks

Perhaps but before you buy a new computer, it might be simply your video card/chip. What do you have and when did you last update the drivers? What computer and computer model do you have.

What is the format of the files from that camcorder. It is always best to post the specific model because someone may have that exact model or had experience with it and would be more helpful. It is also very helpful if you would put your computer specs in your signature as others have done.

As you see, if you want to shorten the Q and A part of the thread, the more information we get up front, the happier we'll both be ! :P

As a work around, you could try using Video Copy and Convert to convert the clips to a lower resolution. Find that in the Video/Movies tab.

In addition to what was posted above, while you can reduce the resolution, and it may make the editor preview smoother, what you ultimately want is to edit your HD video, not a reduced resolution version. (Unless you're aiming for a lower resolution product in the end.) So reducing the resolution to make the editor preview smoother isn't editing your original video. Hope that makes sense.